The Corroboree
fraser miller

apes evolved into humans by taking magic mushrooms book

I think he means Fraser rather than Terence. Apparently Mayan civilisations were 'mushrooms cults' as well.

Not to put too fine a point on it, FM, but smarter men than you have been down this road before:

Plants

Fungi

Read carefully, and also read some basic evolutionary biology, before you start putting the cart before the horse.

queztocoatl seems to describe old asiatic armor, made with overlapping scales and decorated with feathers

there is a lot of evidence that china influenced mesoamercian and southamerican culture in sporadic bursts

including 3 legged funerary pots, the spread of taro accross the polynesian islands, the use of knotted cords and the extremely similar occurances in mythology, not to mention genetics...

the norse mythology is also heavily influenced by the chinese and indian cultures,

thor=indra=zeus

a major figure in new world mythology closely resembles the bhairava form of shiva fyi

like the vedas mention, the whole world was once ruled over long ago, but the cultures became seperated

follow the genetic data on the relationship of different peoples to see the basic flow

the mythology fits this remarkably well

and yes mushrooms were sacred to nearly all of these groups, but they do not appear to have made us into what we are

they just help us appreciate what we are

The book that begs to be written is how magic mushrooms have been spread around the world either on purpose or accidently by humans.

Yes, this definitely seems like a worthwhile effort.

Its interesting how Europe and India contain what seems to be multiple layers of absorption of mythologies. the classic example we all know from school being the presence of the titans in greek mythology. the titans being the old gods of the previous culture, living in exile after their defeat by the newer gods to arrive on the scene.

im not saying that these myths will really give us any hints as to any mycological influences, but as far as human movement it says a lot.

i really need to make an effort to reread some Joseph Campbell.

Cheers, obtuse.

Other way around :The Nordic/indo Europeans influenced the early Chinese to an extent and certainly Indu culture. Genetic evidence also supports this.

can you provide a reference for the genetic evidence?

i'm kind of a fan of such material

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_race

A genetic study in the year 2000 in Andhra Pradesh state of India found that the upper caste Hindus were closer relatives to Eastern-Europeans than to Hindus from lower castes.[25] However, a study conducted by the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology in 2009 (in collaboration with Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health and the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT) analyzed half a million genetic markers across the genomes of 132 individuals from 25 ethnic groups from 13 states in India across multiple caste groups.[26] The study asserts, based on the impossibility of identifying any genetic indicators across caste lines, that castes in South Asia grew out of traditional tribal organizations during the formation of Indian society, and was not the product of any Aryan invasion and "subjugation" of Dravidian people.[27]

it is my understanding that the notion that the norse people and their mythology preceed that of the asian, egyptian and indian is considered highly suspect, largely due to genetic evidence as well as other forms of evidence including archaeology, it is also my understanding that there is no accepted consensus about the direction of the flow of information, including mythology

what evidence places nordic mythology as preceding the egyptian, the indian and the chinese?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_single_origin_hypothesis

caucasion people seem to have origin in the asian people:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a9/9_Cluster_Tree.png/615px-9_Cluster_Tree.png

is it not possible that mythology has a flow much like the language and genetics?

it seems clear that the asian predates the nordic, and that the egyptian predates the asian

i know the nazis felt otherwise, but is there any real evidence of this in the genetics?

Edited by Archaea

it is my understanding that the notion that the norse people and their mythology preceed that of the asian, egyptian and indian is considered highly suspect, largely due to genetic evidence as well as other forms of evidence including archaeology, it is also my understanding that there is no accepted consensus about the direction of the flow of information, including mythology

what evidence places nordic mythology as preceding the egyptian, the indian and the chinese?

is it not possible that mythology has a flow much like the language and genetics?

it seems clear that the asian predates the nordic, and that the egyptian predates the asian

I'm talking about old european racial groups (proto-nordic/old mediterranean etc) not specifically 'norse' mythology. Sorry when I said 'other way around' it was perhaps not appropriately used...I was meaning that old white races had travelled far and wide, often significantly influencing cultures despite not being in large population numbers outside of europe (until colonialism). The late paleolithic and neolithic revolution of europe did for the old world what the industrial revolution did for the modern world.

Edited by botanika

white people are basically inbred asians, there is not much evidence that i have seen that shows that they influenced other cultures, rather the opposite seems strongly suggested by various evidences

but then data and theories change, so who knows? not me, i simply wasn't there and cannot say

What the white european neolithic revolution did for the old world is like what the industrial revolution did for the modern world, except with the industrial revolution we can directly see which race is responsible.

this is an interesting theory, is there some way i can learn more about who came up with it, when, where and why they thought that?

i gave the link above that shows the genetic relation of white people, they are essentially inbred asians, that is their origin according to the best science has to offer.

here it is again:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a9/9_Cluster_Tree.png/615px-9_Cluster_Tree.png

all humans descend from africans, white people have origin in asians

it is pretty clear cut now that we have the genetic evidence

all humans are remarkably inbred as a species, we have less genetic diversity than several other endangered primates and all of us have origin in single specimens, y chromosomal adam and mitochondrial eve

in addition to this is the recently observed genetic contribution of different hominid species to our own,the evidence is that some people are in fact descendants of the offspring of our species and another closely related one

2010 genetic evidence suggests interbreeding took place with Homo sapiens (anatomically modern humans) between roughly 80,000 and 50,000 years ago in the Middle East, resulting in 1–4% of the genome of people from Eurasia having been contributed by Neanderthals.[4][5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal

some evidence suggests this is where the alleles for red hair in some whites come from

so yeah whites are inbred asians and in some cases half breeds of inbred asians and neanderthals

Edited by Archaea

I still can't see how you interpret that and come out with the claim , white people are just inbreed Asians. It's clear you think highly of us.

it is considered fact by a great many people, white people are an offshoot of asian people, a group that left and inbred, just like asian people are an inbred group of africans etc

it is supported by a great deal of scientific evidence, i am white btw, it is just the way it is, it isn't good or bad, doesn't mean anything about value or significance

Edited by Archaea

Archaea - your talking about a common Eurasian ancestor that split long before the Neolithic revolution and I dont disagree with that. One group went right into Asia (to become Mongoloids) and the other left into western Europe (to become Caucasian). Both encountered Neanderthal as a group beforehand and possibly after. It's what happened after that split that's important both in terms of modern white development and modern Asian development. Were bouncing all over time here.

Edited by botanika

It's what happened after that split that's important both in terms of modern white development and modern Asian development. Were bouncing all over time here.

i am not so sure about bouncing all over time, i am very interested in evidence that the white cultures influenced the vedic cultures or the chinese cultures

it seems like there really isn't a strong or clear consensus that the white cultures influenced other cultures so much as the other way around

for example the greeks took their gods from the egyptians,

my ancestry(y chromosome and surname) is from Scotland, most of my ancestors were pretty savage still when the chinese and indian peoples were highly advanced culturally

in fact there is some evidence that i am descended from the/a neaderthal X sapiens cross

nevertheless i am open minded about the evidence and would love to learn as much as i can about any possible flow of cultural information

however while it seems that the genetic flow might be very old, the language flow tends to match it

i've been very interested in this topic for just a couple of years and would love more leads on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neolithic_Revolution

of course this is all theory, because none of us were there:

post-1018-0-56847600-1298252822_thumb.jp

Map of the world showing approximate centers of origin of agriculture and its spread in prehistory: eastern USA (4000–3000 BP), Central Mexico (5000–4000 BP), Northern South America (5000–4000 BP), sub-Saharan Africa (5000–4000 BP, exact location unknown), the Fertile Crescent (11000 BP), the Yangtze and Yellow River basins (9000 BP) and the New Guinea Highlands (9000–6000 BP).

The dispersal of Neolithic culture from the Middle East has recently been associated with the distribution of human genetic markers. In Europe, the spread of the Neolithic culture has been associated with distribution of the E1b1b lineages and Haplogroup J that are thought to have arrived in Europe from North Africa and the Near East respectively.[26][27] In Africa, the spread of farming, and notably the Bantu expansion, is associated with the dispersal of Y-chromosome haplogroup E1b1a from West Africa.[26]

according to the above statement, the genetic topic and the neolithic revolution topic are not clearly distinct

post-1018-0-56847600-1298252822_thumb.jpg

post-1018-0-56847600-1298252822_thumb.jpg

i'd rather not continue with this topic, i am sorry, there is too much to address and it is clear that you have made up your mind

i don't agree at all with your assessments, and am interested in evidence, not this type of reasoning

i will say this, you should learn more about other cultures and their achievements, you might be surprised

Edited by Archaea

I've deleted my posts - perhaps I shouldn't have even bothered discussing the theory after the 'inbred Asian/ half breed Neanderthal' comment and it's all off topic anyway. I have lived in China the last 9 years, have lived in other parts of the world and travelled most of the globe - I certainly appreciate and study other cultures.

Peace

Edited by botanika

zen peffler blue greenie i think you write to persuasive

One thing I can tell you about the science of racial genetics (that is the suggestion that their are clear racial distinctions in our DNA and that they can be attributed to arbitrary delinations) is that blanket statements arent based on scientific evidence.

The most interesting work on the topic 'suggests' rather than demonstrates. DNA studies have been interpreted in a variety of conflicting ways.

It is likely that early white folks are the result of a faulty gene. To suggest that random recessive character traits like red hair or hip shape are clear traits inherited from interbreeding with Neanderthals (which did indeed occur according to genetic evidence at the time that Homo sapien sapien arrived in Europe and Asia as Cromagnon) is pretty flimsy.

Nothing in genetics is ever that cut and dry.

Ah jeez, Satyr.

That made me literally laugh out loud. Ha ha ha. Awesome. :lol: