The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Moses

I need scop pollen

As the title says i got 5 flowers one just opened last nite so i got 4 more chances if someone can post me some pollen a.s.a.p.

p.m me if you can help

thanx all..

p.s I'm only after scop cos im playing around with coloured gymnocalyciums at the moment and would prefer to graft them to scop rather than short lived(or spiny) stocks

Edited by Moses

I'll check my mates plant tomorrow mate. No fruit that I have seen but flowers out the heezy. If I have time I will get a few cotton tips going and PM you.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22262&st=0&p=230741&hl=drive&fromsearch=1entry230741

The scop cutting I got from this garden is busting out some nice flowers, should be open today or tomorrow. U want pollen from this genetics? Wats the standard scop look like over east. How do we differentiate between diff clones of scop? Seems as there isn't as much variation in scop? Or in my very limited exposure to them.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22262&st=0&p=230741&hl=drive&fromsearch=1entry230741

The scop cutting I got from this garden is busting out some nice flowers, should be open today or tomorrow. U want pollen from this genetics? Wats the standard scop look like over east. How do we differentiate between diff clones of scop? Seems as there isn't as much variation in scop? Or in my very limited exposure to them.

i'm fairly certain my scop has been nicknamed Hulk but other than that i know jack!

i'll try any gene pool mate cos i can't find seed anywhere so i gotta make some cacti babies myself.

p.m sent.

my exposure is extremely limited, as in i only know of the ones in my backyard.

it seems to be a fairly rare plant, if you got a cacti in adelaide(in my experience)it's either cereus or pachnot(sic)

if your pollen dont work we may have narrowed down some genetics who knows. :scratchhead:

I'll check my mates plant tomorrow

:) thnx mate

that genetics is from half way up WA coast near exmouth. The guy had proped all them himself from cuts obtained from within WA. U could always do a pach X esp smaller spined version to PC pach and I'm sure the resulting seedlings would be very small spined. The scop X bridgeii I have are almost identical in spination to a pach. Very small and just perfect for hooking the stockings on when ur doing grafting. So if the bridge spination is reduced to that extent by the scop genes I rekon a scop pach hybrid would be even shorter spined again. Or do u want it absolutely spinless as a scop? If so, do u use super glue to graft? The tiny spines seem almost essential in my choice of rootstock as tension hooks for the stockings.???????

Just some thoughts.

P.S. I'll text my parents now get them to check the flower, looked so close last night. If u want, u could send me pollen too and we try the X the other way too. Make double sure.

P.P.S. I have a scop (pure) seedling I recieved from a member when I first started in this community. I forget exactly who now. But is ~ 1 ft tall, in ground now and growing very fast lately while putting on much girth. So sum1 in Oz has had scop seeds in last 5 or so years.

Edited by naja naja