The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mutant

Trichocerei from nursary ID

Question

some christmas presents I allowed my self

P1010283.jpg

euphorbia and mammilaria, biggiez

a couple Pachycereus [two plants, divided] , 3 smallish echinocactus, divided, an eriosyce I have killed 2 or 3 times, lol!

no idea what the white hairish are

P1010282.jpg

Pachycerei, one cleistocactoid/haagocereoid , some trichocerei, the hairy one was a collector's plant, it bares feathers , not spines in the areoles and is strongly tubercled under the white tufts and a couple of succulents [Haeworthia/aloe and two Sempervivumoids]

P1010274.jpg

close up on some pachycerei

I reckon they might be P. pringley and P.pecten-aborigum, I have grown a couple of more recently to compare

and lastly

the trichos to ID - I know it's pretty hard~impossible, but guesses are welcome like always

P1010273.jpg

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

I can't help you with the ids mutant...

but damn, santa did you right this year!

I ordered myself some christmas presents from santa kada this year, hoping they don't freeze in the mailbox while I'm visiting family...

Merry ChrisChristmaschrist Mutant and all the other ethnobotanists, psychonauts, cacti lovers, green thumbs, lurkers and free people out there.

(Stephen Colbert put christ back in christmas three times. don't really know about that, but I admire his enthusiasm)

self

Pachy on left looks like pringley to me, unfortunately mine succumber to cold this winter at around a ft tall. nowhere near as tolerant of same conditions as trichs, need a goods free draining soil and keep really dry over winter.

is the feathery one mamillaria plumosa??

thanks for comments

naja, yep, I think it's pringley too. they other two are pecten-aborigum I reckon. I hope you're wrong about pringly not making it with lots of rain. I got a bigger one , bit more than a foot, maybe 45 cm, on my outside plot, we will see if it survives. Last year , winter, I saved it last minute as soil had fallen and choked it's base. It looks hibernated now. Or its dying. Have to check out and maybe poke the soil a bit

Mose, man I think you're spot on , that's what it is, Mammi plumosa, thanks :wink:

• Like 1

I bought another I thought looked nice and biggy fatty

P1010752.jpg

any comments on ID?

this must have been grown in shitty lighted nursaries for a time... or not and I was lucky to spot it.

Edited by mutant

Not sure if that is a Tricho. The wool at the apex and those woolly areoles don't look right.

hmmm maybe you're right

but these don't look like real wool. there's a chance the little new growth is weak, sunless nursary growth.

P1010758.jpg

looks a lot like some fatty trichos I have seen. I guess time will tell.

those tricho seedlings look very similar to some t. pascana seedlings we brought recently

the seller said it would be 10 years before they reached half a meter though!

Yah, does look like bogfrogs T. pasacanas.

maybe T. (pseudo)candicans?

the spines are a bit short tho.

edit: Oops, I was just looking at the last two photos.

Edited by centipede

Thanks for ideas, time will tell. I will update as they put on new growth this season ;)