The Corroboree
ubza_1234

dam pet plants..

i ordered some pet plants a while back and finally got them for christmas! yay! but a lil too late for what i wanted to do with them.

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/102788/210237387-360521795/100X-pet-plant-PET-TREES-Plant-selection-Mobile-Phone-Charm-cell-phone-straps-keyring-handbag-accessories.html

i only bought 5 by the way, not 100, anyway..

i wanted to pull out the cactus and put cuttings from my own plant, lets name her sally for now, and then send some away for christmas to the quickest person on the plant trade topic, here but alas, i only recieved them a few days ago so i havent got time to check they will survive and be fully rooted when i ship them out. i guess i not need a reason for shipping them out, even tho christmas is a good reason. oh well...

i'll post a thing up when there all healthy

• Like 2

A pet plant named Sally.

I'd be up for one of those.

Merry Christmas.

well sally's brothers and sisters usually get a good set of roots within a week. i'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by ubza_1234

I would love a pet plant like that Santa............................

Sweet.

I can swap you some buttons for your Santa suit.

i think i'll have to run a raffle or some cause i know everyman and his dogs gonna want one and so far i only got 2 so i have to be fair

Count me out.

I never win shit all so now stick to the old fashioned earning stuff.

Well if anyone else wants to swap some Santa buttons?

if i remember i'll raffel it at the next melb meet in a few weeks if i remeber. I'll take everyones name down that have shown interest here in a pet plant and pull names out of the hat there, so i got whitnesses and that ;)

everyone will have an equal chance that way. Even you rahli. I'd give you a potted pet plant if you were in my state, but your not :(

Yeah cool ubeza, sounds like the plant meet will be a blast. Very generous contribution, cool plant houses.

I'm sure she'll find her way up here some day, plant meets or no.

this is them so far, very promising, even if they haven't grown leaves yet ;) so far i got three who want there name in the hat, plus whoever will be at the plant meet at melb.

post-4552-0-94458200-1293447517_thumb.jp

post-4552-0-94458200-1293447517_thumb.jpg

post-4552-0-94458200-1293447517_thumb.jpg

Edited by ubza_1234

i still have the box they cam in so it will look very nice and professional when it makes it to the winners door; like a bought one! which it is.. i guess.. the only prob is it's mostly in japanese or chinese or something, but i guess you plant heads should be clever enough to work it out. lotsa water and a lil sun and she'll be right! the lil cuties..

zip lock bag with couple o inches o damp sphagnum moss in the bottom:wink:

Edited by naja naja

or just road trip it down to melb :P

Edited by ubza_1234

how does the potting mix in the lil pot not get emptied with plant when the capsule is swinging around on ur phone/bag/whatever? good idea. i bet not many plants survive the capsule!

the capsule has 5 parts:

the cover

the pot/cup

the soil in the cup

the plant in the soil

the rubber ring

everything but the rubber ring is pretty self explanatory from the pics. th trick is in the soil and rubber ring. first the soil is packed in quite tight so it cant realy fall. as well as this, there is a stiff rubber, perhaps soft plastic ring that sits around the base of the plant, held above the soil and wedged into the top of the cup. if you nook carefully at the pic, you can see this ring. this leaves a lil, roughly 10mm hole in the middle of the ring for the plant to grow in. as long as its packed in propperly, it doesnt seem to fall too much into the capsule

Hi Guys,

I moved this thread to the plant and seed exchange as it fits better here.

cheers

WT

Hi ubza,

Can I have my name in the hat too please, or do I have to attend the Melbourne meet?

Hope my name went in??

so far its 4 names now, that includes you madhouses, plus whoever wants to be in it at the melb plant meet. The melb meet Just seems like an appropriate place to draw it :)

less then 3 weeks to go before the draw! Sorry its so far away. I dont even know if they will survive, i hope they do. Hopefully they do, but dont worry, if they dont the winner will still get something good. Be sure of that.

interesting idea.

throw mine into the hat if it's o.k.

dam... well i half expected this to happen, but the pet plants died :'( however, i'll still do the raffel today and put together a nice lil prize together. this, however, will not contain the original pet plant capsule. i wanna try growing a lil peyote button in it this time :) i'll put up the winner later today

and the winner is....

d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d tisst!

Hillbilly farm boy! wooohooo! i no you wont be getting what you asked for, but i will be making up a special pack for you to enjoy so please pm me your deets and i'll sort something out as soon as i can!