The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
J Smith

Loquat season

My dad introduced me to loquats a while ago when I had one growing in my backyard. I've since moved but I've kept my eyes open for them as I think they are really tasty. I just got back from a walk with the dog and we passed a huge tree which was full of ripe fruit. Hooray!

Go get yourselves some loquats for the Christmas table.

It hard to find them without maggots in them, but if you can, it's totally worth the effort to get them. They are delicious!

wats wrong with maggots?

People think I'm weird, but I like my wineberries. Strawberries that have started to ferment on the bush, normally via a bird peck hole. 24hours after the bird pecks, u gots a wineberry. My favourite!

you must live in melbourne or so....

i found some of them very tasty, to the point wher it's hard to stopp eating them, but some "wild one's" are very tarty.

pitty moon shining is illegal, one could collect ton's of that material for free.

one of my favorite fruits, its just a pity you dont see many trees down here

they do grow in a semi arid climate (if you can keep them well watered)

Edited by mac

and you can make an amaretto type liqueur with the seeds too

that's pretty cool. Was about to do a batch of liqueur thinking it would come out like almonds. I don't think i'll bother if it is cherry cause i already have a batch of sour cherries on the go. which tastes ridiculous and most people compare it to "medicine flavour"!

interesting how everyone recognises that flavour as "cherry flavour"- I have yet to eat a fresh cherry that tastes anything like it!

i have a loquat tree which i brought from the farmers market for $15, cant wait till it fruits! only about a meter now, but healhty as