The Corroboree
planthelper

catha edulis seed give away

On holidays for the next coupla weeks, shall be planting these guys when I get back. Ta again tongue.gif

Wow now i feel crap :BANGHEAD2: ,

I meant like centipede said as in i was slow to let you know they arrived.

I would never have a dig at anyone's kindness on these forums, especially yours PH.

I am extremely thankful, sorry that it came out that way

my bad, sorry ethen!

thx for setting it straight, centipede!

It's an internet thing, smoke and clouds, you just cant see what is reallly there. I often find myself on different forums thinking 'what the fuck do they mean by that?' I try not to get angry [anger issues, lol] but I still do, then I find myself making comment back.:blush:

• Like 1

Edited by centipede
  • Like 1

2 of the seeds have sprouted! Success! Now for the others...

yep my first is rounding the bend today, the race is on!

i got sprouts too.

much appreciated. thanks again.

Cheers, Obtuse.

100% germ rate with the ones I planted :) Many thanks to planthelper.

sam0093.th.jpg

You can see why we are told to plant them wing up now, I am also guessing you would get a similar effect with planting the wing directly down as well. Also noticed in one pot that some plants have red stems as opposed to the normal green colour!

. Also noticed in one pot that some plants have red stems as opposed to the normal green colour!

>>can u show us a pic/gif/whatever of this pot.if possible.

cheers

. Also noticed in one pot that some plants have red stems as opposed to the normal green colour!

>>can u show us a pic/gif/whatever of this pot.if possible.

cheers

No worries will do when there is light :)

p0i0T0m8c5.jpg

The one that sprouted first.. out of 10 only two have sprouted so far, still waiting...

Edited by klip247

after reading your post's about "red colors" beeing spotted with those ph seeds, i got all excited and could hardly wait to check my own seedlings, and yes, yeeees, i got 2 red ones within ~35 white other seedlings! :wub:

i totaly envy klip for that seedling in the pic as it looks so dark red, and even if you get red's the emerging seedling is never red in color for me.

this could be because of enviromental differences.

to confuse you even further, the ph displays sometimes a bit of reddish color anyway, but those reddish hues never extand into the leaf margin.

but, the genuine red does have aswell red margins, and those two red ph seedlings i spotted, have aswell "red into the margin", so maybe they will become red NL's!!!

tort once said to me, that sowing out those seeds could give quite a variety of plants, i guess he was right.

to my feeling the red could have only come from pollen of a red plant,

because they are the only ones with red margins, but it could aswell be that the VW has had some dormant red, which suddenly awoke, only time will tell.

can't wait to get seeds from those few red's.

i got only one dilemma, if i grow many of those seeds, because i want only the red's, will be culling the greens be bad karma? i guess the plants just gave me the answere, i am alowed to cull the greens, because i generaly always give them plenty of life.

unfortunately, the original ph seedling is probably dying now, because my new neighbour,

does put a lot of illegal roof and shower water on my place.

Planthelper the picture of that seedling in my post has the stem in shadow so it appears darker than it actually is, it definitely has a red stem though and also where new growth is starting on the next set of leaves.. have you observed this with any of your seedlings?

Edited by klip247

the picture of that seedling in my post has the stem in shadow so it appears darker than it actually is, it definitely has a red stem though and also where new growth is starting on the next set of leaves.. have you observed this with any of your seedlings?

thx for clearing that up, with the color, i was quite envious of that, dark deep red coloring...

the coloration did increase with my seedlings over the next few nodes, every new node is darker than the previous.

i was wrong though about a previous statement, claiming the "color" of the VW does not extend to the leave veins.

as a fact, the "pink coloration" of a vienna white also known as green, can extend into the leave margins.

anyway, i planted out RED seeds aswell and even they, (although, using same soil and conditions) don't seem to show as much red.

my wishfull thinking goes towards a NL strain which has deeper color than all others.

Edited by centipede

If you think they have stalled try reducing the humidity, put some holes in the top of the container/open the vents/etc. This usually helps

HN

I put them out of the humidity box after the first set of leaves, left them in a non-windy position in the shade, I think they should be alright as long as the weather isnt too cold.

i don't use a humidety enhancing feature with them at all, they should not stall at all.

yes, the seedlings can damp off, if they are unhappy, harden them out right away.

catah edulis roots are sensitive to too much moisture.

a little bit of wind helps the plant tissue to get strong fast,

don't try to protect the seedlings from the elements,

you think you help them, by protecting them, but the opposite happens.

show some "tough love" and they will grow up strong and healthy!!

PlantHelper,

If any seeds left, Please help, would appreciate.

Thanks

Ja

i don't use a humidety enhancing feature with them at all, they should not stall at all.

yes, the seedlings can damp off, if they are unhappy, harden them out right away.

catah edulis roots are sensitive to too much moisture.

a little bit of wind helps the plant tissue to get strong fast,

don't try to protect the seedlings from the elements,

you think you help them, by protecting them, but the opposite happens.

show some "tough love" and they will grow up strong and healthy!!

thanks again planthelper i got a few red ones to!

IMG_1012.jpg

nice one, this makes my day, and specialy because you are in europe.

watch out if, some of the red ones, have narrow leaved leaves!

I HAD some gawjus catha seeds from you planthelper... until my ex fiance decided they were "drugs" and threw them out.. :( I am sloooowly gettng my collection again haha... with N. Rustica and N. Tabacum so far...

Any spare seeds you might have would be greatly appreciated dude! :)

Regards,

Like Ashes

** still got my advanced red broad leaf that is going fantastic though! :lol:

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade

ok, the give away is back on again!

here are the new conditions.

first 8 memebers responding, which have more than 300 posts but less than 1500, will receive

15 free ph f2 catha edulis seeds!

you have to respond, here in the thread and than pm me with your details,

than i just send the seeds off to you.

• Like 4

pm'd

Thanks planthelper :)