The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

The wiki is live!

Just did the Trichocereus spp. entry.

Alkaloid content and lots of info stolen from visionary cacti guide on shaman-australis website, however if anyone has more botanical information for some of the trichs not listed there, please put it up!

EDIT:

smogs, if you're working on the wiki today I'll put up the info for sceletium so if you want you can do a propagation tek.

[ 27. March 2005, 10:00: Message edited by: apothecary ]

ill give it a go... i have no idea myself but ill UTFSE

:)

also ill put up plant helpers instructions on fermenting and preperation... ive been meaning to look this up again to try with that apentina stuff (spelling?)

Oh...I thought you had some sceletium plants...hehe nevermind! :P

All the A's are done except for Atropa spp. I will do that when I get home today.

Tomorrow I will begin trawling the forums for info for the A's.

It will all go in there, then I will complete the B's and repeat this process.

:)

If anyone noticed, fractal has started work on the TLC section, and so far, it looks fucking awesome (despite the fact that I have no idea what it means :P ).

ahh sorry no contribution yet ended up babysitting my g/f 10 y/o bro for the past 2 days coz his sister is in hospital with bad asthma

:(

i swear if i see or hear shrek2 xbox game at all in the next month or 2 im gunna crack!

also im busy trying to get a online store set up for this glassware i have access to

THEN ill help out heh heh sorry

anyways the point of this reply was just to say good work apoth and all that have contributed

i am bloody amazed at how quickly the info is getting up there!

congrats to you all and its turning out to be better than any of us expected!

good job

Do you think maybe the whole "gnome" thing could be circumvented if within the wiki there was a section for anonymous reports?..even from people within other web-based communities across the globe that can be accessed then cut-and-pasted into posts here,eba,shroomery,etc etc?

Can anonymity be guaranteed with a wiki site?

Yeah, I've started building the TLC section, just a bit of framework. Creating a readily updateable Rf table in HTML format looked like it would be a complete nightmare so i made a link to an Excel spreadsheet (empty at this stage) that you can download and edit yourself. This will have the added advantage of allowing you to 'plot' simulated TLC chromatograms using excels chart function. this will help people recognise patterns on plates.

I will gradually add heaps more to this page so people can access virtually all the info they need in one spot. its amazing how hard it is to find good quality info on the web.

mescalito, I'm sure there is a way to create parts of the wiki that can be accessed anonymously, and I'll add it to my todo list. Just for you! :D

Fractalhead, I'm not sure, but I think you can do charts in the wiki...it might require LaTeX or similar to do it though, and as far as I know only scientific people and nerds install any form of TeX on their computer...so yah it might not be an option on the wiki, though I'll look into it.

smogs, just you wait. If you think the info is going up fast right now, wait until my schedule cleans up a bit and then you'll see fast! :D

you must be such a disapointment to the laddies... over b4 its started

heh heh

for the anoymous thing u could just make a user/passwaord of somehign like tripreport/tripreport and tell evryone

Hey Apo:

I want to start adding some info on Ipomea sp. but the page doesn't exist at all yet.

I don't want to mess with the overall asthetic of the wiki, so I would rather just edit an existing template. So to speak.

I am new to this whole wiki thing, am I missing something? Or should I just wait for you to create the page?

I will do the page tonight. I'm at work so don't have chance to do large scale research, but I will add the Ipomoea page tonight so you can add info to the template at will.

Any other requests, put them here and I'll do them all tonight.

Cool,

thanks Apo.

Just a blank page with the appropriate headings and stuff is all I need.

Then I will just fill in the blanks.

Ipomoea spp. section is up.

Sorry it took about 16 hours longer than I said it would, I was quite intoxicated last night.

Ok.

Sorry I've been so quiet about updates, submissions for conference papers are due at work on Monday, so all the PhD students need more support than usual...plus the boss wants a demo cd etc and that's my job.

So I've been ultra busy. On the other hand, they will probably keep me on board from now on, so I will have a kickass part time job to go with uni.

Anyways, consider this post a mission statement or something. Before midnight tonight, A-E of vascular plants will have base info up, if you're good A-H.

Also, I wanna try and finish off Cacti, and if I can I'll do a few write ups on good nonpolar/polar washes.

I was meant to be meeting Smogs and BL at a bar tonight, but something came up so I have to stay at home. Figured I'd use this chance to make myself useful

[ 07. April 2005, 18:21: Message edited by: apothecary ]

O.K

All done. A-E. I'm tired now.

Last entry I did was california poppy and damn I feel like something analgesic right now.

Also did the NP/P extraction. It kind of sucks 'cos I'm tired. If you have something to add, do it.

Bed now.

I have just posted an acid/base extraction method on the wiki. hope it helps you out apothecary. its worked for me many times before so should do good.

Sorry for the long delay.

I'll be resuming work on the wiki shortly, with hopes to have a decent base set of info up in 7-10 days (I realise I've said this before, but I didn't realise the large quantity of information then).

Thank you all for the contributions while I was away.

Dunno if I'm just talking to myself here, but things are gaining momentum and the base set of info should hopefully be up before tomorrow finishes (in time for a surprise).

If you want to help out, put "this space for rent" into the search box and see all the stuff I couldn't find decent info on.

Don't worry about formatting etc too much, just get the info up there and I can do the "make pretty" bit

That is, if anyone still reads this thread.

[ 01. May 2005, 15:33: Message edited by: apothecary ]

we are still reading. I think many folks are just shy.

still reading

added a few little things..i have plenty to add shortly but i'll try to do some of the ones you mentioned for propagation

it's going to be huge in a few months.

[ 02. May 2005, 09:03: Message edited by: coin ]

coin, I'm giving myself RSI but I really really hope to have all the info up.

The next stage is where it gets awesome. Just put the genus into the search engine here and trawl for good info.