The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

A day with Sceletium.

I'm writing this because there's no fucking way I'm getting to bed before 1am at least heh.

I was walking out to go to work this morning and saw a box at my door. I knew it was either my SAB order or my order from Gom.

It was the order from SAB (T, I love you :P ). Two trichs and a vial of sceletium emarcidum powder.

I quickly unwrapped the trichs and left them somewhere to dry, stuffed the kougoed in my pocket and left.

On the way to work I smelt the vial. HORRIBLE!. Thought I'd snuff some anyway, apart from my nose smelling like fermented cactus, I didn't really feel anything.

Got to work, felt a bit tired so made myself a nice tea (mmm dilmah) and hit erowid to see what other people had done and why it didn't work on me. I read some people drank it or smoked it, so I figured I'd put a little in my tea.

It didn't taste bad, kind of enriched the tea-y taste, but as before I didn't really notice anything. Morning tea rolled around and we went across campus to sit in the coffee room. Bam. All of a sudden, the tip of my head felt like it was about to float away and I felt great.

The feeling lasted for about an hour I think...one of the PhD students was complaining he didn't get much sleep, so I offered him a bit of the powder, and he put it in his tea. By lunch, he was bobbing in his chair to imaginary music :D

Anyways, for me and my friends, Wednesday night usually means meeting at the RSL for a couple of beers and seeing the guys, etc.

I got a cup of cold water from the bar, and put a pinch worth in there, and a pinch on top of my friends guiness (I don't mind sharing the fun :) ).

I haven't smoked or drunk anything (except one guiness an hour before the water) since Friday night, so nothing else attributes to the pure "wired" feeling that followed.

Noticable buzz, very nice. I've been clenching and unclenching my jaws since I finished that water. I've never tried speed, but my friend who has loved this stuff, claimed it was pretty much like a line of gas (a kind of speed, not as strong as base).

The ride home was very interesting. I won't say the colours got as vibrant as on they say an LSD trip or something, but car tail lights had me very distracted. Damn their redness.

I might've attributed the whole thing to placebo effect, if it wasn't for tonight. I was and still am pretty damn wired. My recommendation is that if you're gonna try this stuff, go with it as an admixture to water or tea or whatever. When my friend Mary visits, I might see how she goes with it.

The best bit? The vial still looks about as full as when I opened the order this morning!

Anyway, if you didn't like this post, you can blame Torsten's awesome product. I have no idea how I'm gonna get to sleep :D

[ 16. March 2005, 21:13: Message edited by: apothecary ]

very good report, ive been wondering what its like. I have a selectium plant in a plastic bag at the moment, gonna try n make kanna soon. might have to get some from tortsen tho sounds yummy, im sure my stoner buds would love it

One thing i have noticed is that i can end up geting cranky after using this , so keep in mind if you feel short tempered.

Morning after post:

I feel fine. I got to work about 10 minutes later than usual, but yeah, otherwise fine.

Stonehenge:

Doesn't sound anything like sceletium tortuosum

Probably because it wasn't sceletium tortuosum! :P

i didnt know they had different effects... also i presumed you would need a much bigger dose in tea

thats good news

might motivate me to ferment some apetina and give that a go!

not really keen on sticking anything besides a finger up my nose

Snorting Kouged is the worst thing you will ever do. Guaranteed.

It burns worse than special K for gods sake!

But without the great rush associated with normally insufflated drugs.

I would rate it as a drink, very highly. Couldn't add much more than apothecary already has, I would agree with almost everything he has said as to effects. Especially the jaw grinding.

Very nice thing to lace a J with aswell. I tried Herbalistics 'premium' stuff and that blew me away!

Guest electro

apo - re yur description - i like it alot .. quite close to what ive experienced too - cept u could put it into words but left out the nasty nasal drip from the snorted stuff :) hehe

re difference between two .. all the difference i ever note between species is the smell (darcys novum smells good compared to the t & the em)

all of them keep me awake for too long - if i have some at 6pm i wont sleep til 3am and will toss & turn all night long then....

none of them go well with mush (make an anxious combo that intensifies mush in a bad way) - so ive heard from afoaf

all of them make me grumpy the next day .. kinda like comming down - that frustrated empty feeling just not as bad as amphetamines

re planthelper - how high a dose do you need for closed eye visuals ? i have eaten up to a gram in a tea and still not had those effects ???

I can't say that it kept me going all night, I actually ended up sleeping about an hour after the post.

I think the trick is to keep hitting yourself with hour long doses sequentially.

That is, a pinch in whatever you're drinking as you feel the last pinch beginning to wear off.

That way you can pretty much stop the feeling within an hour or two guaranteed.

That's pretty intense apoth were you consuming much caffeine that day as well?

I really like sceletium but I rarely use more than a couple of pinches during the DAY.If I do use more I find myself getting shitty the next day and it almost seems to work against my mood.

Oh and apoth the smell actually grows on you after a while and mary does like to smoke it and sometimes snort before smoking both having slightly different effects so I've been told.

As far as eating scelly,I've only ever swallowed it with snot...mmmm herbal-snot :D

The only caffiene I had that day was from one or two teas.

I wasn't shitty at all today, except for when a mysql server was messing with me, but that had nothing to do with the sceletium :P

Well I recently collected about a kilo of the stuff, fermented it for 5 days (it SHRANK), dried it in the oven on low temp (it STANK), and finally ground it to a fine powder.

On the night I finished preparing it I snorted quite a bit (the finest dust). Felt good effects (although not as intense as you describe - maybe the booze I'd had dulled it down?), as well as a fair bit of pain in the nose/sinuses. I was expecting this to pass quickly but it didn't.

The next day my nose was completely blocked, the congestion didn't subside until late in the evening.

I've tried it a couple more times since, and everytime I've experienced the same nose probs.

If it works as well orally, then this has got to be the way to go :)

zl00j, as it stands, I've never felt justified putting powder up my nose.

It just doesn't make sense to me to put something in there I am pretty much assured is gonna cause something along the lines of intense searing pain.

:D

To each his own I guess :P

re planthelper - how high a dose do you need for closed eye visuals ? i have eaten up to a gram in a tea and still not had those effects ??? [/QB]

i cannot answere this question as you might think...

i smoked planthelpers sceletium powder (the original and the first "buzzpowder"), maybe a gramms worth, but is was special, very strong stuff.

what i mean is that if you produce powder, than there are ways of obtaining stronger concentrates.

i never had time to find out more about this, neither will i give away any more info.

I don't like the idea of snorting poorly or insoluble substances.

Anyone's gnome had the misfortune to insufflate 2CB?

Mine did. The experience quickly made him recall that Sasha had described it as "like being kicked in the face by a mule". A large, muscular, pissed off mule, with spikes set into it's hooves, and capsaicin rubbed on the spikes.

quote:

The next day my nose was completely blocked, the congestion didn't subside until late in the evening.

I've tried it a couple more times since, and everytime I've experienced the same nose probs.

In my experience insufflating powders, this happens every time, regardless of what you are snorting. With some things, this feeling comes on within an hour of snorting, but with others not until the next day.

No matter what, snorting is a harsh way to ingest a drug.

thats the whole purpose of snot... to get power and dust out of your nose!

so makes sense

Just my 2 cents, i tried PH's sceletium powder about a year a go. Only smoked, first by itself, then mixed with mj. Cant say the taste was the best, but some effects were noticed. Kind of like stoned+weirdness. I definatly reckon a large dose in a tea would have been better.

how big is a dose?

how much is your pinch apoth?

and how many "piches" would there be in 3g?

:)

Another update.

Still no visit from Mary, so last night me and my friend rolled a few cigarettes with sceletium sprinkled on.

Instant hit, before I even finished the cigarette I had some distorted vision etc.

It only lasted 30-40 minutes though!

I still prefer drinking it.

A pinch is not very much smogs...but I can't really measure it, hehe.

Whats the point of knowledge if you cant share? or dont want to for that matter? might seem a little of topic sorry.

I'm not sure I understand the point of your post reptyle?

Who wasn't sharing their information? Lets get 'em!

if you mean me i shared this knowledge earlier and got disbelieved.

aswell i kept some of my ideas to myselfe, because i think there is substantial danger involved. aswell i am not sure if my info would be correct...

i said it befor, i say it again,

but yes i got tired of saying it and didn't wanted to say it no more.

say you ferment sceletium, and you are at the stages of drying out the material, a rim (like coffe rims in your cuppa-get it?) will form,

than this rim and other allready dry spot's, will be splashed with wet material again and again, and as such some sort of concentration of substances seems to take place. this repeated process of wet and dry, makes aswell some x-talls apeare at the rim and other higher spots, those x-tall do seem to taste acidic but, not to bad as i remeber. i guess material scraped from the rim (the crust) to be of higher quality than the rest. BUT i canno't veryfie this...

all i know is that when i had visuals, i'd consumed mj beforehand and had two small beers, which certainly helped. than i had two puffs of sceletium powder via a billy, seconds after inhaling, i broke out in laughter, which than turned into extreem fear, because suddenly i could not breath. i mean my lungs got paralyzed, and i thought i could die, if it would be just a bit stronger. but even whilst having some fear for my life, on the other hand i had this imense feelings of content and absolut bissfull happyness. the closed eyes halucinations lasted for about 30min or so, and seemed to be very easy controlled by the brain/mind and only consisted of nice and fluffy and shiny things, nothing scary, not a trace of negative emotions...

i remeber that i looked at the contents of my scely powder container and spoted a CHUNKY HARD BIT OF MATERIAL inside, and my instinct told me this part is stronger than the rest, and that's what i did and used via a bong!!

i can't say for sure if this chunky hard bit of sceletium powder came from parts of the crust or not, all i know is that it BLEW ME AWAY, and this is scary if you expect nothing to happen.

my theory is that somehow the actives (or some of them)of sceletium are attracted to concentrations of the same, quite the same how say salt x-talls are formed...,now it comes to me, x-tall seeding it's called...

the chunky bit i talked about, was, i believe so, created by accidental/ by chance, x-tall seeding.

say, a single sceletium leaf, gets stuck at the rim area of you glassware, at the beginnings of your fermentation and as such will act as x-tall seed, every time the jar got stirred the seed got re wettet, every time the jar was allowed to rest, the seed/rim area dries out it get's more saltier attracting even more goodness like a wig to this specific area.

so now you know it all,

if you have difficulty breathing don't blame me, sceletium is a very powerfull substance....

i am tierd now of allways, doing the hard ground work and others soley end up with the benefits.

i have stopped my sceletium research work, i can't compete against even more expensive traders, because of marketing problems, but only if i have some market share, i wil be abe to afford the research work!!

all the money i ever made with sceletium,

i re invested into expensive solvents, which again helped me to extract the alkaloid.

now my marketshare has dissapeared, i had to stopp the research work, so i stopp giving out info aswell, otherwise the result is a gigantic unbalance, me writting at the forums and others skimming the benefits of my stimulation and inspiration.

get real!

better stopp now, because i am getting pissed off.. :mad: