The Corroboree
Horus

Happy Highs on 9 news tonight

Was in HHH the other day and the female owner was very guarded whilst I was asking about stuff.

She admitted that a "feature" on the danger of legal highs was being done on the organization.

And they have been told to be extra careful with their image.

Yes just in time for the party,festival season channel 9 are going to create anxiety in parents by doing a witch hunt on HHH

and their corrupting of our youth.

Who as far as I can see dont have anything worth taking.

Anyhow since then I have seen the news promoting this story which airs tonight at 6pm.

Apparently one of their pills has something that ch9 feel they can cause a panic about.

Edited by colhawk

Friggin hell.

What myths will they create this time?

...meanwhile the journalists ,reporters ,presenters, and producers are all coked up to the eyeballs

All the kids are going to full of piss and bad manners because of their schoolies celebrations and Ch9 wants to go on a witch hunt and pick on a small business owner.

I can imagine how contrived the whole thing will be.

The residents in nursing homes should love it.

I can just see it now L-o-n-g pauses between drawn out words, heads bobbing from side to side after each phase and angry vengeful looks on the reporters faces.

Impartial journalism at its best - the best ch9 has to offer anyway.

Morale outrage is what keeps this country going. Its out bread and butter. After all its a country of haters. Just drive around the city slowly and see how people treat you.

It pretty much works like this - Person Average cant control the big issues and often they dont even understand them and sometimes they even vote for the very people that work to undermine them all while thinking that it creates some sort of superiority for them. By finding a simple list of things to hate, it redirects the deep seated malaise they feel at being insignificant towards something that's easy to pick on and attack - be it racial, sexual or other minorities or 'doped out' kids getting 'high' on wormwood LOL

• Like 1

I have to admit though, as much as I hate sensationalised media and believe that combined with greed are the roots of all evil, HHH have got a few things to answer for.

To start with, a lot of the things they sell are not herbal or herbs whatsoever. Secondly, on various occasions when quizzed on the contents of some of their 'Herbal High pills' they didn't know what they contained whatsoever and were only able to give a vague sales pitch style explanation of their effects.

I think this is false advertising and while I don't blame the as I know they want the best for their customers, they need to be trained on what they are selling, be it herbal, or the latest legal chemical to come out of china.

• Like 2

Morale outrage is what keeps this country going. Its out bread and butter. After all its a country of haters.

Very true. It's why we'll always have a war on terror and a war on drugs. Mass groups of people need someone to look down upon. :(

It makes me feel good sometimes to know someone is in pain, but knowing that's why I feel good makes me feel bad, does that make you feel good?

But on topic anyone see the program?

I watched the news tonight but the story didn't air in WA... :(

yeah maybe the late news will show it in WA cause i think thats national

Good old W.A ! ( Wait Awhile ) :rolleyes:

List of Seven Network slogans

List of Nine Network slogans

List of Network Ten slogans

Pure patronization right from the beginning... Fuck 'em all!

All the kids are going to full of piss and bad manners because of their schoolies celebrations and Ch9 wants to go on a witch hunt and pick on a small business owner.

To be "fair", they still did their yearly ritual of picking the stupidest kids for their schoolies reports. The old "I only graduated so that I could go to this party" never seems to get old, eh? :rolleyes:

nope wasnt on WA late news. anyone know where i can watch it? what was it about???

It was on a capsule called Neon.

9 had it scientifically analysed and it had a synthetic cannabis in it.

Somebody correct me if im wrong....from memory....i didnt write this down,

was it CA128.(something like that)

Banned in most countries but not Australia yet.

Im sure it will be fast tracked thru legislation now.

Basically the doctor who was interviewed said that the danger with these legal highs is that

people dont get the buzz they expect (cause they are piss weak and overhyped) so they take

double or triple the recommended dosage and that is when they can get into strife.

I am not going to check out the 9 website,I have gardening to do and the sun is finally shining!,but maybe the story is on there.

• Like 1

I tI'm almost 100% sure that it was JWH-018, but they didn't show the test reuls on screen for very long. I'm having trouble finding this story on ninemsn or nbntv websites so more detail is hard to come by.

What was interesting was the NSW police officer speaking saying that he wasn't sure that it was illegal, a sentiment echoed by the 'drug expert' who had the next sound bite after him. I thought all synthetic cannabinoids were banned in Aus.

I have to admit though, as much as I hate sensationalised media and believe that combined with greed are the roots of all evil, HHH have got a few things to answer for.

To start with, a lot of the things they sell are not herbal or herbs whatsoever. Secondly, on various occasions when quizzed on the contents of some of their 'Herbal High pills' they didn't know what they contained whatsoever and were only able to give a vague sales pitch style explanation of their effects.

I think this is false advertising and while I don't blame the as I know they want the best for their customers, they need to be trained on what they are selling, be it herbal, or the latest legal chemical to come out of china.

good point hyphal, HHH are just asking for trouble if they are selling research chems that are likely to be scheduled in the near future. surely they should live up to their name and stick to happy high herbs... instead of chems they don't know squat about.

I must agree with this.. while it does come down to the individual using his/her head and being bloody responsible (which 17yr olds are not). I have queried HHH on their smoking extracts and told her I was looking for an alternative to MJ, she did admit that their 1g herbal extract packets had a synthetic spray on them to "spruse" them up a bit. I tried one from HHH and another from a local shop, which was called Kronic.

She told me that they would not stock Kronic for the fact that some bloke got fully hooked on it, haha. I tried the 'purple haze' Kronic and I have to say.. I was about as relaxed as I was from a Wild Lettuce tea, noticeable but not nearly as tasty or heavy as MJ. I certainly felt it had absolutely no addictive potential and I consider myself to have quite an addictive personality..

I say it comes down to how smart/sensible the user is and whether they are aiming to destroy their body/liver or not! Drink coffee half hour all day every day and you'll be just as likely to f**k yourself up as if you were taking 4-5 capsules of "legal party pills" as apposed to the recommended 1. They are just as strong as a cup of good coffee, thats all! Buy some no-doz same effect!

Some vendors do bring these things on themselves not to speak ill of HHH as a whole but ive visited at least 6 different stores (some of those stalls at festivals) and had highly varying experiences and been told completley different information on the same products the store in cairns is the most legit helpfull place ive ever visited the lady there has an extensive knoweledge and is 100% honest about her products however ive also whitnessed HHH stall vendors in mackay openly sell products to high school students this same vendor sold me octopamine tablets telling me there action was identical to BZB he was sales pitching and hyping his products as a legal extacy telling me they would "get me off guts".

I think the one disadvantage HHH has as a franchise is they may be held accountable as a whole from one or two dickheads mistakes another factor that worries me is things like this may bring unwanted attention and new restrictions on the entire entho community if they were selling a synthetic cannabinoid (wich they know would be coverd by the analogue clause) unlabelled as a herbal suppliment they deserve to go domn IMO however if it was sold as an incence not for human consumtion well thats up to the individuals discrestion really(they have been warned)

what are the herbal ingredients in this preparation if any? look what happened overseas with spice product the harmless herbal ingredients (other than the cannabinoid) were shedueld in some countries what if herbs like nymphea or leonorus were criminalised in oz?

All it would take is for a kid to have an allergic reaction to this CA-128 over schoolies it wouldnt even need to be an overdose can you imagine the witchunt if HHH was responsible for some research chemical death or somthing.

HHH states all there products are herbal and natural as far as i knew, well thats what they always told me if i ever found out id unknowingly ingested a research chem from a vendor i would find the bastard and smash him.

was this particular vendor acting alone selling this product or did Ray know about this?

Ray was interviewed on the program and basically said he was offering a safe alternative to the blackmarket stuff.

The vendor (store owner)I spoke to was the most naive person for that role,I was quite dumbfounded!

I overheard a conversation she had with another airhead,one of those standard anccdotes I imagine she recites daily,

she was saying the only time she has ever got high was at a party where she was given a cookie not knowing it was

a drug and she got high and everybody thought it was a great joke and it was "Sooooooo awful!")

I bought the book AYA,which she said she would like to read one day,

and during our conversation on it she had never heard of Caapi,was not sure about Syrian Rue

had no clue about the phenomena of sacred mushrooms.

She was mainly focused on selling herbal teas to ladies with period cramp.

Pan only knows how she would go advising kids on getting legally high.

Anyhow that is my 2 bobs worth,I must get back out in the garden,

So many cactus to pot up.

Maybe there needs to be some sort of training module to operate a HHH store some of them know there stuff, most dont have a clue and theres one or two ive met who are just down right con men who'll tell you anything to make a buck they should at least have to know the modes of action /alkaloid profile/ and possible interactions of the products there selling for human consumption surely theres some sort of herbalist/natropath whatever course they could be taking.

neon! i always knew that wasnt herbal. i was given one when they came out for a trial. hated it so much! 1 pill was way too much! empathy and kaktus will be the next ones to get a look at

Edited by B_T

I like Ray, but fear this could refect badly on us all at a time when we could do without the negative attention.

schoolies & toolies

plenty of stories this time of year about kids with $$ to spend getting fucked up on grog & pills etc etc ...... even some readers mention they deserve it after completing studies & the stress of it all

I seem to see very few stories about the petrol sniffing, drinking problems of the poor white & aboriginal kids who dont have $$$ or a education in smaller towns & community's

:BANGHEAD2:

Edited by mac

Synthetic cannibinoids are pre-research chemicals and should come with a giant warning label. We have NO idea what they do in the short-term or the long-term.

Whenever I see stuff like this on tv it annoys me, seems like whenever its going to be a slow news week they have to target something random to blow their propaganda horn as usual and get the ratings through until the next actual news story comes along.

If anything, the original HHH saved my youth back in the days and introduced me to interesting herbal plants, pulling me out of the typical mayhem and trouble that goes with being 18 in the city and getting me into something productive with gardening and research.

If they are targeting JW specifically, it's sold everywhere, you will be able to get it in any shopping centre if you look well enough, although there seems to be pressure on now as a few have moved it behind the counter out of sight. HHH range has been severely cut over the years since they have been targeted multiple times in raids here in Melbourne (they operate under a new name now), but if they are targeting the chain owner in NSW for JW they should really learn that a shop blatantly called HHH isn't going to be stupid enough to be the sole source or creator and won't be selling anything specifically illegal, they are only one of what is probably 1000 shops currently stocking it.

Personally I've never had any ill effects from jw at all, and find it not addictive at all, I've had a bag of the stuff for almost a year now and still haven't gone through it, used it maybe 10 times in total over that time. Find it quite nice and a pleasant alternative compared to the normal stuff with no anxiety or paranoia associated. Heard the legal 'herb' pills are a bit of a different story depending which you get, the one's I've tried seemed ok, that said I've never gone back for them again after the first time testing them out.

The no name blokes in NZ are geniuses when it comes to this kind of thing though and have been for many years, a single chemical will be targeted and legislated and they already seem to have another two completely new ones ready to come out, there is no end and if they were serious about harm reduction they would decide to do tests on each new one to determine safety and whether it should be banned or taxed, which is usually the process in new zealand where they have some common sense left, here they prefer to simply ban it outright without any research causing another unknown to come out and replace it over and over again

• Like 1

Did anybody else see The 7:30 Report tonight? A guy from the Drug Policy Alliance was interviewed on it, and he just laid the facts out like a Christmas dinner. :) The psycho reporter bitch didn't know what to do, so she just kept on giving him the evil eye. :lol: I tried looking for the interview online, but it looks like it's not up yet. Hopefully soon...