The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

atropa belladonna for trade

If you have enough, i would like to trade/buy some of those too.

same here...trade or buy....

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

should have enough for more than 3 people,still drying.

hi,fractal did you locate fresh dita seeds?

Yes, i found an abundance of Alstonia scholaris (and muelerii) seeds in the cairns area but they are seasonal. Last year they didn't come on until late in the year (around nov-dec i think) I collected quite a few but they are in cairns at the moment and i'm in perth. We're getting them sent over soon so if you need some, let me know. Probably only enough for propogation purposes (plant propogation that is... not human wink.gif)

Fractal

yes fractal im interested.do you know how long they remain viable?

t s t .

Guest mandragora

Will they grow around Brisbane, or is there a border?

And if you have some left...

am trying to dry berries to max ,before removing seeds,as i dont know when they are fully mature.first seeds will be sent this week,others will follow as dryed.

should still have some spare.

mandragora your on the list,pls email me.

t s t .

all solanum seed is best cleaned this way:

pick ripe berries only. squish the pulp into a cup (keep the skins between your fingers and discard). cover with enough water to about 1cm above the berries. Stir a little. leave in a warm spot to ferment for a day or three (depends on temp). The pulp will disintegrate into the water. put in a strainer that has holes JUST small enough to retain the seed (holes should be as big as possible without letting seeds through). Pour goop into strainer and hold under running warm (not hot) water until all pulp is washed off (a minute or so). Agitation with fingers and rubbing against the strainer mesh may be required.

Plop seeds onto office paper and let dry. Put in bowl. Rub seed between fingers to break up any lumps (or even just doubles).

dry for another week in a warm spot and then seal airtight.

thanx t,is this needed to remove growth inhibiting compound,as per tomatoes.

some seed is dry,should i put it with fresh berries and proccess as above,or will it be ok.

sorry for delay ,constantly find myself tackling a steep learning curve,assume most people are in a similar position.

if just dried seed is ok,who wants it ,or who wants to wait for treated seed?

t s t .

your seed will be fine, except it won't store as long. in the tropics such pulpy seed will go mouldy in a matter of days/weeks and needs to be sown immediately. In dry climate you cna keep it ayear or so if kept dry. pulpy seed is also not allowed into many countries due to quarantine rules.

Hi all smile.gif

Im fairly sure this stuff grows all over the place around here. But im not sure on the actual species, all Ive ever been able to acertain is that its called Deadly Nightshade, and the berries are poisonious.

I really need to get a Digi cam so I can take some photos for some identification help.

But now that I know how to save the seeds Ill grab some whenever I find them (there is a 1.5m tall one I know of around)

But the question I have is - what are the uses of this plant, would there be any recreational value for the gnomes?

could they smoke the leaves - or would that kill them?

Ive always been curious about this one just because there is so much of it around.

Also when harvesting the seed - would gloves be required, or arent the berries that toxic?

thanks

FS

still have some seed.

fractal i sent you an email,do you still want some of these.

mandragora theres some put aside for you.

anyone else?

t s t .

Guest DragonFyre

yes please TST will mail you later bout it and some other trades... if you can send that list?!