The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
alphaomega

Psilocybe Subaeruginosa

hi all, just wondering if anyone here has tried subs? a fair few came up this year and they were awesome. no visual hallucinations but nonetheless very enjoyable. personal trip reports/experiences and info would be cool. :)

I dont wanna sound mean or anything, but i dont think you'll get many responses to that question here.

your basically asking people to incriminate themselves.

But yes there were quite a few around this year, not as many as past years, as it was pretty dry, but i saw some very impressive examples none-the-less.

Cheers, Obtuse.

I dont wanna sound mean or anything, but i dont think you'll get many responses to that question here.

But yes there were quite a few around this year, not as many as past years, as it was pretty dry, but i saw some very impressive examples none-the-less.

Cheers, Obtuse.

good point, but whats wrong with a SWIM story?

lol, what swim does is their own business.

if swim doesnt mind their adventures being discussed its ok i guess.

oh, and btw, welcome to the forum.

Cheers, Obtuse.

your right tho, i did say 'personal trip reports' lol

lol, what swim does is their own business.

if swim doesnt mind their adventures being discussed its ok i guess.

oh, and btw, welcome to the forum.

thanks for the welcome obtuse. :)

How many did you have?

I'd find a sub trip with no visuals unusual but I guess it all depends on what you're looking at.

Handy hint, close your eyes :)

there is a massive thread about people's sub experiences and thoughts....you'll find it in the mushroom section of the board i think it's called 'a warning on subs' or something. it should tell you everything you want to know.

p.s subs are capable of extraordinary visuals. up there with any other psychedelic. and yes, eyes closed, quiet dark room will do wonders.

I think this could be the thread that holymountain mentioned Subs & strange bodily symptoms

Subs give a strong body effect but it can take a high dose to get open eye visual effects.

Try 4 g dry using the lemon tek on an empty stomach and you should be seeing some groovy shit. (that's a large dose mind you, not for the feint hearted)

Edited by Magicdirt

I think this could be the thread that holymountain mentioned Subs & strange bodily symptoms

Subs give a strong body effect but it can take a high dose to get open eye visual effects.

Try 4 g dry using the lemon tek on an empty stomach and you should be seeing some groovy shit. (that's a large dose mind you, not for the feint hearted)

No shit it is, 4g quality dry subs would be VERY heavy. Even 2g is still a strong ride, especially lemon tea style on an empty stomach.

How many did you have?

I'd find a sub trip with no visuals unusual but I guess it all depends on what you're looking at.

Handy hint, close your eyes :)

ive had dosages ranging from two small caps up to 30g fresh caps made into tea. i got breathing objects and sound distortion but no real fancy stuff.. :(

^ Simmer for a while, then strain and mash out the left over juice through the strainer. You get the most out of it that way ...So i have heard.

^ Simmer for a while, then strain and mash out the left over juice through the strainer. You get the most out of it that way ...So i have heard.

thanks amazonian. i pretty much did what you described and ended up downing the mash also because i couldnt bear to throw it out. :lol:

Edited by alphaomega

there is a massive thread about people's sub experiences and thoughts....you'll find it in the mushroom section of the board i think it's called 'a warning on subs' or something. it should tell you everything you want to know.

p.s subs are capable of extraordinary visuals. up there with any other psychedelic. and yes, eyes closed, quiet dark room will do wonders.

ta mate. :)

if you simmer for 5-10 mins with lemon juice the mash is not necessary to eat. unless you love the taste...

definitely add lemon juice to the water before you simmer the goods. it works wonders.

i second the idea that 4g is extremely strong. 2g is also really strong.

once again it depends what you are doing. 2g will go a lot further if you have your eyes closed and are laying down in darkness than it will if you are at a party or hanging out with friends.

the thread i was talking about is this one:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24100&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

if the taste is a problem, go blue honey.

if you simmer for 5-10 mins with lemon juice the mash is not necessary to eat. unless you love the taste...

definitely add lemon juice to the water before you simmer the goods. it works wonders.

i second the idea that 4g is extremely strong. 2g is also really strong.

once again it depends what you are doing. 2g will go a lot further if you have your eyes closed and are laying down in darkness than it will if you are at a party or hanging out with friends.

the thread i was talking about is this one:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24100&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

ok awesome. i shall be doing this next year as i didnt dry any. holymountain, what method of drying would u recommend? i unfortunatly do not have access to a dehydrator.. :( is there other/better ways to dry subs?

in a warm spot with lots of air flow.

works for oysters. :wink:

Cheers, Obtuse.

2g dry is a very nice dose, no real need for more in my experience but it all depends on what you're after. Most non ethno people I know prefer to half that and take 1g.

The more you have the less time it takes for you to... lose focus heh.

As for drying, in front of a fan on low spread out over a day or so does wonders, then for extra crispiness you can put them in an airtight container containing dessicants(water cyrstals).

just as a note... 4g has had me on the floor with an imagination so vivid i thought I was a cat. I also thought the spores had hatched insects into my brain... mmm but that's just candy floss compared to the real meat and bones you can find through meditation.

Your mind is interpreting so many things at once it's so easy to become distracted from the real 'here and now'. The universe is a scary place but if it wasn't we'd all be bored.

in a warm spot with lots of air flow.

works for oysters. :wink:

Cheers, Obtuse.

ok cool. thanks mate. :)

I also thought the spores had hatched insects into my brain... mmm but that's just candy floss compared to the real meat and bones you can find through meditation.

so thats where the mantis men came from? not umcommon to meet insects on journeys. i read a book once that suggested it may because flys and other insects like to lay their eggs in the bodies of the fruits. though really, who knows!

you can lay fruits out onto newspaper with a fan blowing softly over them for a day or two. once dry you can bury the newspaper in a woodchip mulch garden. the paper will be covered with spores that have dropped in the drying process and hopefully will go on to start new patches.

2g dry is a very nice dose, no real need for more in my experience but it all depends on what you're after. Most non ethno people I know prefer to half that and take 1g.

The more you have the less time it takes for you to... lose focus heh.

As for drying, in front of a fan on low spread out over a day or so does wonders, then for extra crispiness you can put them in an airtight container containing dessicants(water cyrstals).

just as a note... 4g has had me on the floor with an imagination so vivid i thought I was a cat. I also thought the spores had hatched insects into my brain... mmm but that's just candy floss compared to the real meat and bones you can find through meditation.

Your mind is interpreting so many things at once it's so easy to become distracted from the real 'here and now'. The universe is a scary place but if it wasn't we'd all be bored.

wow thats intense.. earlier in the year i had a trip in which i was lying in bed in the dark and i could faintly make out the outline of my room; it was like i was inside a cube that was slowly rolling down a hill.. it really felt like i was actually tumbling down a slope and i felt a jolt everytime a side of the room hit the ground. in one particular trip i experienced extreme emotional swings; i would feel euphoric one second and start crying my eyes out the next! my girlfriend was sitting for me and she said i was scared of my own reflection and had said that cats represented death to me.. as i was coming down we had a two hour long conversation about souls and how souls interact. amazing stuff.. i cant wait until they start popping up on my property next year. :)

thankyou for the drying info distracted. :)

you can lay fruits out onto newspaper with a fan blowing softly over them for a day or two. once dry you can bury the newspaper in a woodchip mulch garden. the paper will be covered with spores that have dropped in the drying process and hopefully will go on to start new patches.

thanks for that holymountain, i will definitely be doing this! :)

Another easy way to start a patch is to drop a fresh cap or two into a 20 litre drum of water and add 2 tablespoons of molasses and a couple of teaspoons of non iodised salt.(the salt is to keep bacterial contaminants at bay)

The spores will germinate like crazy in the molasses and after about a day you can pour the solution onto a patch of damp woodchips, you can even expand the solution by a factor of 10 and inoculate quite a large area.

That was an method outlined in growing Gourmet & Medicinal Mushrooms by Paul Stamets.

Another easy way to start a patch is to drop a fresh cap or two into a 20 litre drum of water and add 2 tablespoons of molasses and a couple of teaspoons of non iodised salt.(the salt is to keep bacterial contaminants at bay)

The spores will germinate like crazy in the molasses and after about a day you can pour the solution onto a patch of damp woodchips, you can even expand the solution by a factor of 10 and inoculate quite a large area.

That was an method outlined in growing Gourmet & Medicinal Mushrooms by Paul Stamets.

cool, thanks magicdirt. any type of woodchips?