The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mutant

Some pics of my roof and plants

P1020830.jpg

Epithelanthea micromeris

I believe this pic is mis-labeled, should be Coryphantha species (like the tag in the third pot down says...) :wink:

^^^

yeah of course you're right mate, they are all four Coryphantha elephadidens, unfortunately none with pink/purple flower , dont know what was i thinking [the beerz, I reckon], but I tend to mix epithelanthea with coryphantha for some time now.

inco>>

im through with peres. spiky little bastards. i never have the success rate i have grafting onto pachs.

they're still good for grafting seedlings and they propagate like champions, which is very important with playing aroung in my opinion.

do u bother with covering the graft with a baggie or anything to provide humidity? do u think thats necessary?

I think it all depends on the situation. I have a small mini greenhouse that can house several graft atttempts per time, which is very convinient. I usually not put them in there for more than 5-6 days. If I need more humidity I fill a plate with water and place in there. So yes, I usually use a humidity tent in that form, especially with selinicereus, with which I usually don't apply pressure or whatsoever.

In other cases, when pressure is applied, humidity [too much of it?] might help the union catch orange [or other] rot.

Grafting on the right stock [active, growing] and searching for compatibilities between stocks and scions might also be helpful.