The Corroboree
folias

Acacia Courtii Seeds

...might well do some outdoor with their hardiness rating on one site as zone 9-10 mate...

I should probably do some more courtii seed next round in case potential future outdoor testing doesn't work ...

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Get more seed man.
To have beautiful aged specimens in the UK would be something truly amazing to behold.

I've just recently put 14 courtii & 5 Acumaninata standard tubestock in the ground on our property. They are doing brilliantly well.

WP_20170521_14_20_14_Pro.jpg

Courtii is a special tree mate - such visually stunning foliage - the nicest of all the acacias IMO.

WP_20170521_14_20_14_Pro.thumb.jpg.20f078008213c94d82aa60fa186b6a0b.jpg

WP_20170521_14_20_14_Pro.thumb.jpg.20f078008213c94d82aa60fa186b6a0b.jpg

Edited by Skellum
  • Like 1

thanks man i was wondering what sort of size/age acacias should be to go out in the ground...

how old are those northern bro's?

• Like 1

I bought tubestock from @communacacian
They doubled in size, some even tripled size after 2+ months of being in the ground.

The tubestock specimens purchased were about the size as the ones in your pictures, maybe a little bit bigger.

Maybe ask commy how old his tubestock are before being planted in the ground (or mailed out). His tube stock are inoculated with the species native rhizome.
Which basically involves collecting dirt from the base/shallow roots of mature courtii trees in there native habitat, then using this dirt in the seed raising mix when germinating seeds.
This is sposed to give them a flying start. So maybe even the times you ask, would get blown out depending on weather or not the seedling has been inoculated.

Inoculation in the UK I would imagine would be nearly impossible to achieve. Where as in Aus, I think the majority, if not all of the courtii tubestock for trade have been inoculated.
I've heard of stories of success without inoculation with the native rhizome, establishment just takes longer. Good luck with your acacia growing mate.

Courtii is one of the most desirable, with a very select location in the wild, but large success rate in cultivation, I see this species exploding with popularity in the future.

• Like 1

I'm not 100% sure this would give you exactly the effects you get from Australian Rhizobia however if you grow other legume species then you could either try using the soils under them because they contain N fixing bacteria too. Something else to try if that failed would be to collect IMOs (indigenous micro-organisms) from an existing vege patch that has beans in it and water the plant/soak a seed with a very dilute solution (1:1000 or so).

Go check out: http://naturalfarminghawaii.net/ particularly IMO1-2.

• Like 1