The Corroboree
ubza_1234

always tired!

ok so i'm tired all the time physically and mentally. I often feel drunk like dizzy, cant think strate etc when i havent drunk. Sometimes when i look at verticle lines like corigated iron or wooden fences etc those lines will shimmer like heat waves and rubbing my eyes doesnt help at all, only time. If i get up too fast it will often make this worse. So far iv seen my doctor who did a blood test that came out fine so he said that there was nothing he could do, a natropath who gave me vite b group suplements that after trying them for 2 months didnt make even a slight difference exept turn my pee radioactive yellow, i saw a psycologist or psycyatrist (the one who gives you drugs) who gave me dexaphetemine wich work fantastically but i dont wanna have to rely on drugs if i can help it. I tried cutting out sugar completely for 2months and (at least it felt like) it made me a lil worse, tried ginko tea wich helped a lil, tried a healthier diet with lots of raw fruit and veg, cut out alcohol for a year or so, tried increasing my sleep to 10hours a night, tried reducing it to 6hours, and tried a few otherthings that i cant remember. I dont smoke, drink maybe once a week but usually every 3 weeks or more, have only smoked weed 12ish times in my life, rarely do any drugs, and usually get about 8 or more hours sleep a day. I'm rationing my dexies now cause my shrink who seems to be the only one in melbourne who bulk bills, has retired and there fore cant supply me anymore so most days i just wont take it. For this reason i bought 2kg of 60% pure caffiene extract only to realize later that an extract doesnt seem to work the same way as a propper energy drink; that the feeling is different and that its a feeling i dont like. I'd be happy enough to just kill my body with daily energy drinks but this is not cost effective, not to mention bad for me and not fixing the problem, only masking the symptoms.

So ya any ideas guys? Anyone know any professionals that could help me out in melbourne? Sure i could google it but it would be nice to find someone who has the nod from someone on here ;)

thanks any info is good info.

Guest svarg26

hi mate,

i would suggest going completely organic for at least 6 months, as it sounds like you have a chemical imbalance going on there. man made chemicals have a funny way of messing up the natural function of the brain, causing the problems you are experiencing. it worked for me when i was in your position about 5 years ago. i hope this helps.

peace.

you mention trying to combat the fatigue with caffeine... have you only started using caffeine excessively since developing these symptoms, or have you been hitting the energy drinks/coffee for years? Caffeine abuse can lead to adrenal insufficiency, and is the reason I feel tired all the time.

Either way, it's the last thing (except methamphetamine maybe) I'd recommend to combat chronic fatigue.

what sort of blood tests did the doc do? get the resultds so you can study them yourself. Chances are it won't include a test for chronic fatigue syndrome [Eppstein Barr Virus], so make sure this gets done. The clear indication for CFS is that you always feel worse after a good day. It's called payback and is quite unique to CFS in comparison to the other thigns listed here. ie, the better you feel, the more you do, the worse you feel the next day.

Your bloods pretty much just indicate no major organ failure and no major infection, but that's about it. There's a lot more to test.

Get your sex hormones tested. This includes testosterone and the pituitary hormones. Low testosterone will cause fatigue. High prolactin levels will suppress your dopamine and will also make you tired.

Also get your thyroid tested. This was probably done in your tests as it is a common thing for docs to test if faced with fatigue, but just check for it anyway. Also, whenever asking for est results make sure you get a copy of the actual test. The problem I encountered is that if your results are in the normal range, your doc will ignore them. In my case for example my testosterone was always at the very lowest of normal, so my doc kept saying all is OK. It wasn't till I saw it that I could insist on something being done about it. Turns out that being 30% below midrange normal is indicative of another condition that the doc didn't know about because it was only discovered 2 years ago.

It sounds you have a bit more of a problem than what can be fixed with just a change in diet, so these things need to be eliminated first.

Which particular energy drink works well for you. It may not be the caffeine in it that helps you. It might be a vitamin or an amino acid, especially since caffeine didn't work. I'd be interested in the amount of taurine or tyrosine that helps the drink along.

Adrenal insufficiency is also likely if you've been consuming stims for a long time, but unless it is quite extreme your doc won't diagnose it. But best to get EBV, thyroid, testosterone and pituitary checked out first.

never hit caffiene had till i started working wich was well after i noticed the symptoms. Today, i always have a morning coffee and maybe 3 times a week will have some other kind of caffiene. Would there be any way to combat weak adreanal production? Other then with more drugs? Haha what a vicious cycle..

Try a DMAE suppliment, a good multivitimin, and maybe look into yoga or tai chi to naturally increase you life force and rebalance your system.

DMAE is a adrenaline agonist and reuptake inhibitor and serotonin agonist. Works well for healthy people on a tired day, but would make CFS and adrenal insufficiency worse. Like any stimulant really.

ubza, you need to eliminate those other causes before asking for fixes, because all of them have completely different cures or management system and what might be good for one could be bad for another.

I used to suffer from fatigue and then I started brewing & drinking Kombucha and the fatigue is now gone.

Whenever I don't have Kombucha for more than a few months the fatigue comes back.

Kombucha

But I'm a bit weird and I don't really believe in doctors or suppressive medicine in general. I'm not suggesting to ignore your doc, but if they can't help it can't hurt to try Kombucha. :wink:

how is ur mental health?

when ive suffered anxiety or depression im totally fucked, physically and mentally.

Epstein-Barre virus is the cause of infectious mononucleosis/glandular fever. Chronic fatigue syndrome may follow a viral infection but is not directly caused by EBV.

Edit: Just to clarify, when I mentioned "chronic fatigue" I wasn't refering to the syndrome specifically, just to long term symptoms of fatigue...

Edited by psili sausage

Yeah sure I can relate because I have the same condition. Its often misdiagnosed as chronic fatigue syndrome or 'adrenal insufficiency.' Infact something like 90% of CFS patients actually have it.

Its actually called Orthostatic Intolerance or POTS.

The symptoms are dizziness, fatigue, impaired mental clarity, visual impairment, visual snow, body tremors and a number of other symptoms.

Couple of questions for you:

How do you feel under neon lights?

How do you feel after sitting in front of a computer for long periods or early in the morning?

Do you wake feeling like you have not even slept?

How do you feel when shopping or at the supermarket or standing in busy environments for long periods?

Do you ever feel like your brain cant keep up with conversations around you?

Ever feel like you cant keep still?

How do you feel during a scary movie?

Do you find yourself strangely sensitive to some foods?

get migraines quite often?

Ever feel breathless when standing?

Some people are lucky and get fluctuating symptoms (like me and sometimes it goes away) but others cop it permanently or for years like The yellow wiggle.

Check your heart rate when your feeling particularly bad or after standing for a long period.

You will find either your heart rate is excessive (tachycardia) either because your autonomic nervous system is imbalanced during orthostatis or your blood pressure is dropping when you are orthostatic (prolonged static standing or sitting).

Ill bet you a slab its what you've got! :)

To get diagnosed you need a tilt table test and a blood volume check (if you have it it is liekly your blood volume will be abnormally low).

And ofcourse, dexies increased peripheral vascular resistance, increasing blood flow to the brain.

Cerebral hypoperfusion = tiredness, dizziness, mental fog, spaced out;

Sympathetic excess = increased heart rate, tremors, insomnia

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

How do you feel under neon lights?

Fine

How do you feel after sitting in front of a computer for long periods or early in the morning?

Fine, sometimes a lil better cause i'm usually stimulated with something i like; like games :)

Do you wake feeling like you have not even slept?

sometimes

How do you feel when shopping or at the supermarket or standing in busy environments for long periods?

tired if i'm just standing there while the missus buys stuff lol

Do you ever feel like your brain cant keep up with conversations around you? Sometimes

Ever feel like you cant keep still?

Ya, but i'm diagnosed with a mild case of ADD ;)

How do you feel during a scary movie? I cant remember, i dont really watch them but when i do i usually giggle or lol

Do you find yourself strangely sensitive to some foods?

nope

get migraines quite often?

Nope

Ever feel breathless when standing? Sometime

its got me fucked then!

Go try some licorice tea though as orthostatic blood pressure problems are usually helped dramatically by licorice.

Chinese herbs other than panax ginseng can be helpful. There is a mix called horse tonic that is good for energy by balancing things out.

Also if youve tried caffeine and didnt feel better or felt worse, try the opposite. Valerian has a paradoxical effect on me in some ways.