The Corroboree
sethomopod

Outta here!!

Well peeps, i'm blowin this pop stand tomorrow for what could be up to 40 (yes.. Forty) years! Back in 15 months for 6 weeks, but after that, who knows? may never be back on my favourite site!Viet Nam filters facebook! (can get around that so i've heard).. But, i just wanna say I love u guys'n'gals! I'm gonna put my email public, so anyone in SE asia can look me up......

[email protected].....

I'm not a fan of facebook but email me, and i'll add you to my friends....

Thank you all for filling my mind......

Hope to hear from some of you...

if I cant log in over there,. I will see u all soon!

Signing out....

Sethomopod.......

P.s. kisses..... :)

you'll be back...... B):P

there are always ways around filters.

anyway, Best of luck on your travels and life ahead.

the times we have crossed paths and did whatever we did, leaves me with smiles.

Hope you enjoy your time overseas and really hope to see you back within a few months through a proxy if need be :)

I've silently watched you and enjoyed your posts and offers, hope you return or at least hope you live a satisfying time in your new home.

Bon voyage, Sethomopod.

Who'll look after Aligator Creek in your absence? Have an awesome forty years (or less, if that be the case).

Enjoy!

Ra

send me mails when you get time

have a good time

Good luck & stay well :)

I do hope you've apprenticed someone to your vines then..

for the good of all :innocent_n:

be well brother man

Thanks for the well wishes guys...wub.gif

Have some time to kill at Darwin airport so thought I'd say thanks...

I'm gonna have to expand my knowledge so I can get around the filter in Nam...

Or I just might miss this place!!blush.gif

See ya guys'n'gals!

Good luck, happy travels; and may many curious adventures come you way!

WOOHOO!

I can log on from Vietnam!!!!

Bit on an anticlimax, but I wanted to at least spread my love just in case I couldn't log on...

Strange hey, Facebook filtered but not sites like this... (haven't tried the nook yet) I guess social networking is more threatening than the knowledge contained on this site....

So, I guess you peeps will have to keep putting up with my smell!!newimprovedwinkonclear.gif

S

• Like 1

nooooooo thought we had gotten rid of you at least for a little while

:P

thank god he finally left! glad to see the back of him!...

oh... Hi sethomopod...

One of the nicest and true to soul members ever encountered on this site, I'll miss you seth, stay safe travel well and don't look back.

Where you are going is going to be one hell of an experience and one thing I would take with you when living over thee is your guard, it can be a tricky ordeal over there for lengths of time and some have even said that even after living in SE Asia for 40 years they still hadn't worked out the locals and have a clue about their mechanisms of culture and family attributes.

:)

WOOHOO!

GREAT NEWS and glad you made it there safe.

Suh-weet, you can stay! :D

WOOHOO!

Bit on an anticlimax, but I wanted to at least spread my love just in case I couldn't log on...

Strange hey, Facebook filtered but not sites like this... (haven't tried the nook yet) I guess social networking is more threatening than the knowledge contained on this site....

So, I guess you peeps will have to keep putting up with my smell!!newimprovedwinkonclear.gif

S

Well hello again tongue.gif.

post sum pics of vietnam!

awesome! ethnobotany is so much more interesting when it is in other countries ;)

I do hope you've apprenticed someone to your vines then..

for the good of all :innocent_n:

be well brother man

LOL have you ever been to NQ? no need to worry brother. from Townsville to the cape is devastatingly infected with argeria you cant drive 500m down the road without seeing the shiznit everywere members would be performing a community service (to both the forum and the wider public)if they were to go up in winter and harvest. down were i am the little buggers struggle but all the river beds are infected. i plan to be up the cape again by winter so no need to worry guys next year ill hook yall up :wink:

also:glad we didnt loose you sethmopod will you still be offering goodies from over there :drool2:

from Townsville to the cape is devastatingly infected with argeria you cant drive 500m down the road without seeing the shiznit everywere

I think you'll find that this is mostly Captain Cook vine. A Meremia sp from memmory and not active it seems. If the petiole is attached below the V then it is Captain Cook. if it is attached at the V then it is HBWR.

I know the one your talking about Torsten it has a much larger paler flower i did get the 2 confused up that way untill i met my mate at the natures powerhouse (cooktown botanical gardens)she cleared up my misunderstanding that one was everywere too. when there not flowering it would be quite easy to confuse them.

Hey peeps,

will post some pics soon... have been doing the business thing for the last few days.. Which involves drinking obscene amounts of beers and food... and falling off scooters!!

Well, heres a couple of pics of some stuff over here...

I'm over here managing the family farm, so I have been going to alot of business meetings to introduce myself including the head of police (Which is a very wise move over here!)... WOW!!! I fuckin' love the way they do business!! You have to prove yourself by being able to drink ALOT of beer and eat all sorts of wierd foods... they dont respect a man that cant drink.. and not only drink alot, but fast..... They either say "50 percent!!" which means you have to scull half the bottle, or "100 percent!!", usually the latter...

I guess I've been in training the last ten years for this 'cos they loved me!! Smashing down Tiger beer after Tiger beer!! This is however, quite a dangerous venture.. no breathalysers (sp?) here...Like I said, Drank with the head of police... got right royally fucked up, then we all jump on our scooters to go home!!! I've fallen off my scooter twice already...

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae138/sethomopod/13102010651.jpg

I've

I'm located in a lush green area with an amazing array of flora and fauna... havent taken enough pics but just a few... like these duck herders just cruising along the road..

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae138/sethomopod/10102010641.jpg

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae138/sethomopod/10102010640.jpg

This one may not interest you all, but I'm in the Mango game over here and there a lots of different varieties.. I was impressed by the size of some of the fruit and leaves.. They stress the living fuck out of them chemically to have three seasons a year...I'm not sure which variety it is....

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae138/sethomopod/13102010656.jpg

Dragon fruit is big business over here to with some huge specimens!!

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae138/sethomopod/09102010626.jpg

Will go out soon for some more pics of their culture and plants....

haha, love the duck herd. what happens if a stray dog runs into the herd?