The Corroboree
Amazonian

Pet dogs.

I think you have both provided great advice and I appreciate it :)

• Like 2

Yep, garlic has always done the job for my dogs over the years, have never used flea treatments on any dog I've owned over the past 25 years.

Yep, garlic has always done the job for my dogs over the years, have never used flea treatments on any dog I've owned over the past 25 years.

ok i will bring a feral fuked up flea bitten mutt to yas housos for two days!!!!! :devil: i will FUKEN bet ya an amstaff puppy your house and dirt you live on and ya fuken dog it will leave a very bad flea problem :BANGHEAD2: hehahehaheaarr its bullshit garlic will not stop a flea problem on ya dog !!!

Chill out bullit, no need to carry on like that. People are entitled to their opinions just as much as you are.

• Like 2

I got two mutts 2.5 yo both of them. To save $ on heart worm I buy cattle ivermect injection and stick it in their food. $200 has bought me a life time supply where as before I spent nearly $100/ worming. You can also buy bulk intestinal wormers. My dogs are hunters and provide me with lots of food, they also eat lots of offal so frequently get worms.

I use flea and tick control but rarely, mine have fleas but they never get bad.

• Like 1

My pups been staying with my sis who has heaps of dogs until my property settlement is over, so he's been munched on wholeheartedly, got some free frontline in a sample pack I got from the vet when he got his 12 week needles so used it on him.

When I move into my own pad ill research some organic natural deterrents. Fleas won't be as much as an issue when it's just me and him, I'll check him daily and kill em. I get some weird psycho pleasure out of popping fleas like zits between my nails, for the meanwhile the frontline will do or else he would be eaten alive.

Sounds like ur still livin the alby mangles life teo? Jealous of u man, I'm balls deep in the ratrace- fulltime work in unfulfilling job, mortgage, carloans blah I admire ur lifestyle brother... I may go skitz and go ala "into the wild" someday soon, we'll once I've paid of enough of my house to release the olds as guarantors .... Ehhhhh

• Like 1

Chill out bullit, no need to carry on like that. People are entitled to their opinions just as much as you are.

all good but its a fact that garlic flea treament is a fallacy @ teon, ivermect is great for worms!!! do ya use it 4 ya self?? jokes..

sum of them feral beasts r nasty with worms and ticks!

Not that I currently have a mutt, but I remember the olds always spraying and washin the work dogs in tea tree and lavender to help with fleas etc. I guess work dogs would have worse nasties compared to urban dogs (maybe, maybe not) but that's all they did. All our dogs used to love rolling in dead sheep and all the worst kinds of shit.

If a vet was required, a bullet was acquired!

Not that I currently have a mutt, but I remember the olds always spraying and washin the work dogs in tea tree and lavender to help with fleas etc. I guess work dogs would have worse nasties compared to urban dogs (maybe, maybe not) but that's all they did. All our dogs used to love rolling in dead sheep and all the worst kinds of shit.

If a vet was required, a bullet was acquired!

yeah tea tree wash is good for killin the flea on the dog but doesnt kill the eggs [cycle] its not a good idea to wash the hounds more than once a week cause it fuks with there natural oils in there coat,. ALSO b care using teatree if ya dog has skin allergies :wink:

Edited by bullit

ok i will bring a feral fuked up flea bitten mutt to yas housos for two days!!!!! :devil: i will FUKEN bet ya an amstaff puppy your house and dirt you live on and ya fuken dog it will leave a very bad flea problem :BANGHEAD2: hehahehaheaarr its bullshit garlic will not stop a flea problem on ya dog !!!

Yeh well obviously if a dog has a major infestation one would seek an alternative treatment , of course garlic will not solve the issue . But the fact that none of my dogs have ever had a flea problem shows that garlic is a good deterrent , I may be wrong in my assumption but for now I'm sticking to what I'm doing.

• Like 1

mashala

border collie and jack russell,welcome to nutsville.

that third picture of the russell in a begging pose ,is gold.

• Like 1

I saw this today and couldn't resist posting it in a dog lovers thread :)

'A Sad Dogs Diary'

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 3

Totally related to the above ^ clip :)

My new foster dog Jakey :) he has kennel cough so needs a week of TLC and training.
He is a 3yr old StaffyXbulldog.
He is 1/2 blind and 1/2 deaf and entirely stubborn, lol. we are having a good time together and he a funny little character.

He has obviously been abused though :(

He is very used to getting everything his own way but he is learning to relax and to listen.

I look after dogs using the NLF technique and he is adapting but training is a challenge because he cant always see or hear my commands, thankfully he is already good on the lead and reasonably smart..

First hin i did with him was a walk and he let me lead without much pulling or testing.

post-824-0-21062100-1374824332_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-87749300-1374824338_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 6

nice dog!

be a good guard dog and a cheeky loyal mate no doubt

• Like 2

Ill be honest I would never take on a dog like Jakey my self, he is a pretty bad example of BYB.
He has major health issues like being partly deaf and blind, issues with his structure, temperament, skin, pallet, and thats just what Ive seen in the 5hrs Ive had him.
I felt that in all reality he may well not get adopted due to his problems so why not give him a nice week with some affection and home comforts so at least it wasnt all miserable for the little nutbag.

this about sums it up :lol:

• Like 1

LOL, I posted that a few posts up :)
Its good isnt it, he does lots of funny narration videos like 'Teddy Needs an Operation' check it out if you havent seen it.

Edited by AndyAmine.

Let me introduce you to a much more relaxed and happy Jakey after 4 days at ClubAndy.

post-824-0-98458900-1375092421_thumb.jpgpost-824-0-18182400-1375092450_thumb.jpgpost-824-0-10528100-1375092475_thumb.jpgpost-824-0-74179300-1375092501_thumb.jpgpost-824-0-34029200-1375092544_thumb.jpgpost-824-0-97675800-1375092575_thumb.jpg

Woops, thos pics turned out massive.
Use CTRL -/+ to adjust.

post-824-0-98458900-1375092421_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-18182400-1375092450_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-10528100-1375092475_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-74179300-1375092501_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-34029200-1375092544_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-97675800-1375092575_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-98458900-1375092421_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-18182400-1375092450_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-10528100-1375092475_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-74179300-1375092501_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-34029200-1375092544_thumb.jpg

post-824-0-97675800-1375092575_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 3

Does anyone have any tips for training deaf/blind dogs?
Its tricky, particularly with a stubborn, previously abused dog.

He can see out of one eye but I get the impression he only has peripheral vision or only shadows so hand gestures are proving ineffective from further than a few cm's.

This makes training hit or miss and as a result very confusing and counter productive so I dropped that quickly.

I have to use touch commands instead but he expects most touches to be a whack, so again it makes it hard and risks being counter productive unless done just right (which is tricky 100% of the time for anyone).

Im thinking an E-collar would be the best, set on very low vibration so that I can use touch commands from a distance?

Would love to hear about anyone elses experiences :)

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 1

Sorry mate no tips, haven't the xp with deaf/blind dogs , but would just like to say that he is an absolute beauty !!! He looks awsome, good luck !

• Like 1

lookin @ sum of me old pics today <> i think i will show 1 off enjoy

• Like 4

Now THAT'S an Aussie beer gut :)

Nice puppy dawgs :)

So what's the G.O andy... Is he yours or are you fostering him from a pound until they find him an owner?

Edited by incognito
  • Like 2