The Corroboree
dood

urban finds not far from Sydney cbd

All these guys bruised blue, had purple/brown prints and were sharing a patch of mulch with Stropharia aurantica.post-4510-128279790833_thumb.jpg looked like Psilocybe austaliana or Sub's, maybe some of you folk would know?

post-4510-128279764541_thumb.jpg

post-4510-128279790833_thumb.jpg

post-4510-128279790833_thumb.jpg

Hard to say with your blurry photo, but they certainly seem to be subs.

I can't believe you've found them so late in the season. I haven't seen subs or strophs for nearly a month now. Incredible.

-K

Sorry these were from July.Just couldnt get them onto the computer. Have you found them in Sydney before? Im almost certain theyre Sub's, Ive heard theyre round Sydney but have only ever found them in the mountains.

Much appreciated.

Dood.

Edited by dood

I've found buckets and buckets of subs in suburban Sydney. So many I don't know what to do with them. In fact, I've only ever found them in suburban Sydney, usually within 15 minutes drive of my house.

Should you find yourself in that situation again just pm me :shroomer: ... :Think of us poor people who live in the wrong climate for such a thing.

Hehe I've heard uni campuses are great for sub finds... I've found a couple at uni in Epping myself, though would like to find a patch closer to home\the city.

looked like Psilocybe austaliana or Sub's, maybe some of you folk would know?

P. australiana ARE subs... Evidence has shown that P. australiana, P. eucalypta and P. tasmaniana are just synonyms for Psilocybe subaeruginosa. doi:10.1016/S0953-7562(09)81087-3