The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

Aerole grafting ? any good teks/ links?

blowng, you're the thing

my cory areole is still stalled.

i'm also very interested in your success with older areole.

i have an unknown crest i would like to try areole graft to find out what it actually is, but loathe to scar it.

i'm told areole gafts will not re-produce crests but give you the actual plant so i could sacrifice a lower older areole or two.

I remember kadakuda saying this: areolle doesn't work with crest. You got to use a wedge. wedge works

Update on the bigger Loph aerole graft , has popped out two pups and four flower buds , with more flowers on the way! :)

aerole.jpg

• Like 2

Nice cool.gif

Not bad considering this only a couple months old or so

super! congrats man!

one more advantage of grafting from mature plants :)

that this is screaming "imm groiung tooooo faaaaaaaasssssttttttt" lol. like a radioactive peyoteman super hero.

• Like 1

haha, so how old is that graft? I think I saw you did it around mid september?

so 4 months? or less?

Amazing!

I recently attempted areole grafts on hydro and dirt pereskiopsis under lights with a tbm, Cereus peruvianus monstrose, and a trichocereus thelegonus crest. I cut the areole pieces pretty small, but saw lots of vascular tissue, more the closer to the areole it seemed in all cases (thinner slices). I used superglue all around the seam.

The tbm is about a week old and has swelled, the others are pretty new. I'll let you know how it goes. especially curious about the crest growing out normal or not...

have a good one

~self

Edited by selfsufficient

Nice work blowng, healthy plants from minimal material. Looking forward to giving this a go- do you recon an initial application of BAP would produce an even faster turn around?