The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Amazonian

unable to access the website

I thought my world was crashing down around me. During the day i tried to hook up to the Corrobree but was unable to do so. There was some diagnostic problem. Did any one else have this occur. I rang a few people and got them to try to hook up but they were unable to as well. Never mind, i have access now and my heart palpitations have stopped.smile.gif

yeah wouldn't work for me either around lunch time today

it was scheduled server maintenance. nothing to be concerned about. they do it in the middle of the night in the USA, which happens to be not so convenient here.

pass around the gaba..tongue.gif

Thanks Salem13, i will try that next time. I couldn't understand why i could Google and that but not get onto the Corroboree. I was in a bit of a panic and thought that the there was some sort of Internet filtering ( if thats the terminology i am looking for) and the site had been closed permanently. Like a bad dream .But like you said Torsten,nothing to worry about.biggrin.gif

Had an hour or so today where i couldn't access here or the SAB shop. Was it just me or did anyone else experience this?

Was one minute for me, seen that several times since the upgrade but not enough to be much bother.

I was all set with my coffee and sangas to sit and have a bit of a read , that was all. Bit frustrating. I also wondered if my kids had mucked with the computer settings AGAIN and installed some crap to play one of the on-line games that over-ride everything, AGGh. My 12 year old goes into the bios,so we found out,"i know what i am doing "he says. The computer was crashing ( driver error) every day for a while there and it has stopped for the moment. I was telling master 12 how good it was that it was working properly again. He informed me that he fixed it, so i asked him how. "i gave the computer a good wack" he said. Surely he is not 'the Fonz' and this cant be the reason ,surely.

That is almost definitely not the reason. I wouldn't have trusted myself with the bios settings any more than a couple of years ago. I think Master 12 there might have to have an extra eye kept on him, lest he delete System32 or something.

Yeah was down for a while today for me also, probably telstra's lines or a server update ?

Amazonian if in doubt bios settings will have a default or fail safe setting you can load

A common driver error problem can be graphics driver so its best to update to the latest driver for your video card or on board graphics

Edited by mac

^thanks mac, been there,done that (i think) but thats a whole 'nother topic. As long as i can log on here, i am happy.

a router in the server farm failed catastrophically and took about half an hour to get fixed. this is in a big datacentre, so there would have been a lot of pissed off people.