The Corroboree
Atlas

GA3 Gibberellic acid - Where to get it?

Does anyone know an easy source for Gibberellic acid? I have found it listed on ebay but not it Aust and can't really find it anywhere else, need it for germinating dormant seeds.

Free Nicotiana Tabacum south carolina seeds for helpful answers!!

I'm not sure where you live near but look up laboratory supplies in your phone book and many of them sell chemicals, most of them also do delivery and you order over the phone. HD scientific in NSW sells chemicals, not sure if it sells GA3. I know that southern cross science definatly sell GA3 http://www.southerncrossscience.com.au/ LOMB scientific in NSW also sell it http://www.lomb.com.au/search_keyword_submit.asp?productname=gibberellic+acid

Anyway what are you trying to germinate, and what concentration and how are you applying the GA3? I have noticed that some seeds don't respond much to the GA3 unless the pH is adjusted.

just warning you, but it probably wouldn't happen often, when I ordered from overseas all of my parcels were opened (I could tell because the packaging was ripped, and the inside packaging wasn't resealed properly. It was obvious that the post office had opened them to check what was in there. So I would definatly recommend getting your chemicals from an australian scientific company. I've never had any problems.

Edited by dragonfly

Go wit tha dude in canada. I got my stuff quick as, no hassles. He got all sorts of things to help mutate your favourite plants. :)

Awesome thanks everyone, anyone who would like some seeds pm ur addy.

Thanks again