The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dragonfly

damiana

just wondering what you think of the damiana herb? I have been drining cups of strong tea, and couldn't see that it had any effect on me. aparantly its supposed to be an aphrodesiac and 'cheer you up'. Maybe I should try the 5x powder next time. How much of this do you think you would need to have any effect.

I'm a big fan of Damiana tea.

It's subtle, don't expect too much. I find that it's useful as a standard to strongish tea after a stressful day at the office. It seems to work for me, just makes it that little bit easier to unwind.

Subtle is the key word for me with Damiana tea.

l think she is one of the most beautiful herbs, especially for depression,low libido and for and replacement of tobacco if you are looking to get a strong felling it probably won't work that well,But l have tried the 10:1 in a strong chi and found my self singing and being a lot happier than l would normally would have been at the time,but she is very subtle .l make a tea with one tsp in a plunger with just under boiled water so the steam stays in,3 times a day for 2 weeks then stop as it does something to slow down the absorption of iron if taken a lot so it is best to go for 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off,this has been my experience any way,she also held a beautiful relationship with my x girlfriend and as soon as we stopped drinking it we started to have problems,l have heard the some from many people as well as a story about Mexican women to help keeping there men faithful and sex life strong.... :drool2:

i found damiana to be very effective as an antidepressant and general tonic.

took it every second day for over 6 months.

then i began to get extremely angry when people fucked me around and i realised i had not been in a down/negative mental state since i started taking it.

it seemed the damiana negative emotional blockage was beginning to leak....

my experience of damiana then changed and i stopped taking it as it felt too druggy,too controlling.

have a female friend who swears by it.has been taking it regularly for about 7 years and gets pretty messy if she doesnt have it for too long.

nice addition to some smoking mixes...

t s t .

Damiana is one of my favorite herbs. I like drinking it as a tea and also for smoking. I would say it's good for relaxation and I've found it can give you a lift if you are a bit down or stressed. As said earlier in the thread it's effects are subtle.

I really like Damiana! It goes really well with Lemon Balm in a tea, just powder both herbs in a coffee grinder and they make a nice cup of tea. I usually use 1 teaspoon of Lemon Balm and 1/2 teaspoon of Damiana per cup, works out great!! And I've always found Damiana to be a little more pronounced than subtle, but I'm rather sensitive to all herbs.