The Corroboree
watertrade

greenhouses

hey nice lot of cacti there interbeing..... Tephrocactus papracanthus in the righthand corner ?

Yeah mate spot on, absolutely love em, tried to move it the other day and snapped the new pup of it:BANGHEAD2:

I have just managed, finally, to get the image to load for a previous post if anyone's interested.

Now that I can load photos more easily I'll put a few more up as I have the time.

Sola

very nice fellas, i particularly like the seats colhawk and interbeing, essential for any greenhouse!, takes up room, but just grow vines up it i guess :wink: Really nice looking plant interbeing, some sexy seedlings in there.

i have a old hollow steel legged kitchentable i just salvaged from the shed, this thread got me thinking so i simply flipped it upside down and the base is there, roughly 6 foot long, 4 foot wide & 3 foot high upside down, the table top itself forms a simple floor and insulation from the ground.

next suppose its just a case of wrapping it in shadecloth or perhaps simple mods like adding chicken wire and pvc tubing or dome tent poles to increase height so its walk in.

most of this stuff is easy to find cheap as or free on council collections so a greenhouse albeit simple is acheivable to anybody.

very nice fellas, i particularly like the seats colhawk and interbeing, essential for any greenhouse!, takes up room, but just grow vines up it i guess :wink: Really nice looking plant interbeing, some sexy seedlings in there.

Thanks mate, some are various Tricho hybrids and other bits and pieces, some have started growing in the last couple of weeks witch is nice to see after a long winter.

She's a work in progress,an old bird enclosure north facing.

Just used bubble wrap over the chicken wire,then some cheap chicken wire over the top,both from one of the cheap shops,some clouts and staples....done!

I've added a plug 'n grow bag for strawberries,beans,companion plants,cherry tomato..and seeding it with mycelia :wink:

post-300-12851367421_thumb.jpg

post-300-128513688014_thumb.jpg

post-300-128513691841_thumb.jpg

Compact but should be OK I reckon :)

DSC01067.JPG

DSC01071.JPG

DSC01068.JPG

DSC01067.JPG

DSC01071.JPG

DSC01068.JPG

well executed!

that should give you more range with plants and better conditions for others, but

doe's that area double up aswell as the spot where you hung your punching bag??

or what is that green thing hanging from the ceeling?

LOL I'm trying to get them into martial arts but they're a little slow of the back foot and you can somehow see them coming :lol:

I've added a plug 'n grow bag for strawberries,beans,companion plants,cherry tomato..and seeding it with mycelia :wink:

AKA Topsy Turvey planter or upside down garden.

This has sockets and pinch tubes to hold 30 plants...cost $40.00.

Like this:

post-300-128573620627_thumb.jpg

Lot's more to add (hope some mush pops out too!)

DSC01073.JPG

DSC01073.JPG

nice work bruvva,

greenhouse is definately on my list of to do's around here! I like the idea of those hanging planter things, I've got plenty of room here but they could be unreal if you lived in a flat in the city and had some nice north facing windows. I'm assuming that watering them means that the through flow comes out the bottom which could get a bit messy though.

Thanks man,yeah top fed but leaches nice and slow...nothing a bucket under wouldn't handle easily :wink: tho mine drips into the flood and drain so.

Why not make your own mini ones?

Similar but one plant in each.

Simply cut the arse of a 2 Lt bottle,drill 3 holes,fortify the top(bottom) with cloth tape then get say a tomato seedling wrap wax paper around foliage and feed it through the bottle and out through the neck,remove paper.Attach chain/string to hole inverted and fill with media and hang them everywhere B).

Voila!

Instructables upside down planters

Edited by mescalito