The Corroboree
13thdimensionconnection

The Psychonaut's Guide to the Galaxy

Hello, you don't know me and I don't know you but that's okay. I just wanted to let you know that everything will be alright and that if you are to succeed in finding true happiness in this world you will have to always keep that in mind. I take it by you reading this that you are interested in both psychoactive substances and long blocks of text. In light of the fact that you may or may not remember reading this I will try and keep it short, just what you need to know.

Life is, as far as we know, limited to carbon-based bundles of genes and water that can be found on the third orbital in a star system which resides in a colourful bladed disc made up of millions of other star systems. This is probably nothing new to you, however, have you ever taken a moment to think about what this means? Yes, you know the facts, but do you understand them? It means that at this current point you are on a ball of molten metal with a crust, which is spinning around a second ball of hydrogen and other basic gases so large that the vast majority of people could not fathom the scale. This ball is "burning" at a temperature so intense that only after radiating approximately 150 million kilometres it provides a temperature fit to sustain life, as we know it. Out of the 7 other planets in this solar system and infinite (or at least beyond comprehension) more in the universe, Earth's perfect orbit radius provided the vital energy source that has made it the only known source of life. I doubt that there are no other life forms in the universe, however, because there is a lack of confirmation I will not state this as fact. As far as we know, our precious Earth is the only place where there is life.

As far as we know. We have been taught from the very beginning that knowledge is equivalent to understanding. This is far from the truth. Take economics for instance, do you understand the stock market? Me either. I am not going to lie to you dear reader, I have no idea how finances actually work. Who am I to say how many pieces of paper a certain object is worth? Who is anybody? How is this decided? I mean I know a train is more expensive than a car, and I know that is because it requires a greater amount of materials and labour. However, I have no use for a train. I only have use for a car, a car that I would gladly trade any train for. Some say money is the root of all evils and to an extent, I agree with them. However I agree with them in the sense that I could not conceive a world where it did not exist. Giving objects a price means giving them a quantifiable status, everything has to be priced. How else would you know how much it is worth? How many dollars? How many yen? How many planes or yachts or buckets of soap is this object worth to you? It doesn't matter. It only matters how much it is worth to society. People that aren't you. This is the downside of the human collective. We are so reliant on each other that we allow strangers to inform us how many pieces of paper we have, how many we need, how many will allow us to eat and how we can get more. We even made knowledge a commodity thus thoroughly separating it from understanding. Money may not be the root of all evils, but it is the root of all control. Humankind was so desperate to find logic, we found insanity and renamed it.

We is a very beautiful word. I could not think of word more beautiful than "we". In use it merely implies the narrator plus one or more. It can mean so many things, any number of people. It could just be a single friend or it could be a room full of onlookers. It can be used to describe society as a whole or even the entire human population, living and dead. No matter how it is used though, it means humans coming together. This is a very beautiful thing. When a person says "we" they are showing that they believe they are part of something greater than themselves. When somebody is part of something greater than themselves, they become a member of society. It is this sense of belonging that keeps the world together. This sense of being coupled with the illusion of money makes for some interesting choices.

Life is all about choices. No matter how you try to argue that it was peer pressure, or stress from work, or that she said she was 18, you made the choice. Take it from a man that is currently writing a book or something as he trips an immeasurable amount of balls, choice is not an illusion. Not yet at least. So for now and as long as we can maintain this charade, bad choices will be punished while good choices merely expected. There are certain ways that you have to behave lest you wind up giving head to a skinhead cellmate so he doesn't stab you. Life is all about choices and if you make the wrong ones, you are fucked. You know this, however, if you are to get by you must understand it. You don't always have to understand your choices, only that they are choices, made by you. Good luck.

• Like 1

post-4908-127902451653.gif post-4908-127902451653.gif

150.gif

150.gif

Great read, I liked, especially liked the take on money.

Welcome to the forums

Some say money is the root of all evil

Those people are misquoting the bible which actually says:

For the love of money is the root of all evil

1 Timothy 6:10

Why do you consider true happiness success?

Isn't that what people always say? 'i just want to be happy'. Success is immeaserable. Why is someone who works a high profile job more successful than me? More money? Less hours? More shit to crowd your house with? So fucking what? People get pigeon-holed into doing VCE, Uni then going and getting a job. Dont forget to go to europe on your way to a successful happy life everyone.

"Yeah i went and backpacked through Europe, made lots of new friends". FFS.

A little old Buddhist lady spends the majority of her life in solitude. Are her spiritual endevours not considered success?

Personally for me, i know i'll be successful. Because i'm making the right choices based on what i want. It's not selfish, it's how to be happy. You have to do what you want, otherwise anything else you do is for the wrong reason and you're gonna end up pissed off and bitter.

I enjoyed reading your post 13th.

cheers

Edited by Yawning Man

Edited by mud

'Yawning Man'

Personally for me, i know i'll be successful. Because i'm making the right choices based on what i want. It's not selfish, it's how to be happy. You have to do what you want, otherwise anything else you do is for the wrong reason and you're gonna end up pissed off and bitter.

I totally agree with you yawning man, I think that success comes down to achieving (even just attempting) what you (yourself) wants to do! (success being happiness!!) I guess it's almost like the saying 'It's not the destination that counts, it's the journey'. I think it's funny how people can boast about their position of work or study when almost everyone can learn and contain information. I don't see how it's so impressive having a high position in study or employment when anyone else is just as capable to learn the same skills. Happiness! now thats something impressive to see these days!

I Like your view on things 13th, was great reading your post! I enjoy hearing others points of view. peace!

Fyde.

Edited by fydesvindico

Yep Your Take On money Is mine As well If It wasnt Money it'd be a Material As long As someone Has it Theres Always Someone that wants it creating a chain of damand and a latter of success its a disgrace but no one person is enough to say thats it ive had enough even a small population saying we arent gonna take this anywhere will be called a rebellion and then the Government Shuts It Down Before The Puplic Gets an eye on it money is the root of control but without control we'd have chaos but wasnt the world always chaotic Yeah we've progressed but in the right direction? for the rush towards peace and unity? For the rush towards What ? Death

Remove the Observer and you have NOTHINGNESS!! :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2:

what would be if success was measured by improving other peoples lives?

Edited by Korky

What a lovely thought.....I like that concept..much better than my castle is bigger than your castle.

Just recently I have started to give a little more to others and it is amazing how good you feel...example, a friend asked me to construct a mobile guinea pig hutch that his kids could move around the yard...He wanted to pay for it and he was until I got towards the end of construction and my wife and I decided we would rather give it to his kids than charge them for it. It felt way better than if money had of changed hands and I think I could get used to that feeling....

If it provides you and others happiness or fulfillment then most certainly it can be classed as success. Success is mostly used to describe career positions, wealth etc. however in my own personal opinion I believe success to be anything that achieves somebody's happiness. It is a very broad definition I know but it works. If you are happy because of your career advancement then that is success, if you are happy because you made yourself a very nice sandwich then that too is success, however short lived. If you are unhappy with your job, no matter how high the position, then in my honest opinion you have not succeeded. What is the point of a life of riches if you are miserable?

People get pigeon-holed into doing VCE, Uni then going and getting a job. Dont forget to go to europe on your way to a successful happy life everyone.

HAH! that's very refreshing, missed that first time around, very good to hear that :D am constantly having to deal with that shit, particularly the europe bit, can't expand further for reasons, but will vent for a minute when we see each other haha

There's a part of me that thinks happiness, or its mindless pursuit, might be part of the problem.

If it provides you and others happiness or fulfillment then most certainly it can be classed as success. Success is mostly used to describe career positions, wealth etc. however in my own personal opinion I believe success to be anything that achieves somebody's happiness. It is a very broad definition I know but it works. If you are happy because of your career advancement then that is success, if you are happy because you made yourself a very nice sandwich then that too is success, however short lived. If you are unhappy with your job, no matter how high the position, then in my honest opinion you have not succeeded. What is the point of a life of riches if you are miserable?

could not have said it better 13th. you are bang on with that post. :) i like the way you think and imo the world could be such a nicer place if ppl were not so materialistic and realised that success= personal happiness and fulfillment.

I selfish guy that eventually learns to put his own pleazure aside sometimes and take pleasure out of other people's happiness and pleasure, now that's what I call success.