The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Alchemist

Calea Zacatechichi

Chaps, the clone that we can buy from SAB is it definitely active? I have been trying some (apparently from this SAB clone ) for a few days- teas, extracts and smoked as described on many internet pages and I haven't felt any relaxation nor had dreams. 1-4g tea, 0.5g smoked.

From hours of reading I've come to believe that the one used for the those dream tests looks like the one here. Unfortunately I cant get Martinez's book described in Duke's Handbook of Medicinal Plants of Latin America pg 144, but I think it might possibly be this picture http://www.lycaeum.org/leda/docs/16295.shtml?ID=16295

What worries me is the yellow flowers. Any ideas please?

It was active when I tried the dry stuff in the container, and the plant I have is also active which I got from SAB, I often ask it for a leaf. They produced the same result, which I decided was it's effect.

The effects were after smoke or tea, a definite sensation of mental clarity which is more pronounced when smoked. I also cannot sleep on this as it puts me in a state where i cant feel my own tiredness. I find it make me feel really relaxed and 'clear', reducing monor tensions. What effect did you expect?

I have heard other people have difficulty sleeping on it as well, and so they drink it in the morning and experience the dreams at night. I cant comment on the lucid dream factor as it is common for me to have lucid dreams and I have not used it sucessive days to develop this effect, I think it accumulates as one erowid report described a guy taking it every morning for a week to get the results. For some african dream herb (silene capensis) works better for producing lucid dreams.

Edited by ref1ect1ons

it has weird effects on sleep, confirmed by the sab stuff in a jar.

traditional use was apparently to smoke and drink simultaneously and then go straight to bed (with a question to be answered by the night's dreams).

just keep going until you can feel your pulse in your chest. its hard to get to sleep on calea as i find it stimulating

Thats because it is a stimulant, I'd try it as a coffee substitute except its... a tad more flavorful than coffee.

The SAB dried calea herb was defenatly active for me, intensified and multiplied dreams but no lucid dreams.

If its one of the 3 most bitter things youve ever tasted it should be active.

I'm worried that there are not any real Calea zacatechichi plants on the market at all... it's been known for some time that fake "Calea" plants have been going around.... Honestly I'd only feel safe in knowing I have Calea zacatechichi if I went to Mexico and got it myself (in the works, give me some time :) )

Thats mostly just in america that the fake calea is circulating, Teotz. The dried heimia I bought from the SAB shop appeared by taste, smell, and bitterness to be the real deal and when I grew 2 plants out from the seed it contained they were identical in plant morphology, taste, smell, and bitterness to a live plant I imported from Oz, all of which were identical to the botanical descriptions of Calea zacatechichi.

If you wanna be sure you have a high chance of getting the real deal just 1) buy a plant from the aussies, or 2) get somea the SAB herbage and after sampling it for yourself extract 200 or so seeds and grow 1-8 plants from them.

My last calea recently died from root rot so I'm trying my hand at growing from some 4 year old seeds I found in my fridge, hopefully the low germination rates doesnt also equate to short shelf life :lol:

this herb is traditionally consumed in the dark.wonder if that can affect results?

some of teo[lorax]'s seed grown calea was a bit different from the sab clone.....better taste ,maybe stronger,too subjective/variable an experience to tell...

t s t .

Thanks for your help everyone, its a relief to know that the SAB material seems to be the real deal. I find the smoke harsh as I don't smoke, what mass of leaves do you guys use when you make a tea or ethanol extract for an effective dosage?

I had pronounced dream effects 4/5ths the time I brewed 5 grams.

If its buttery and so bitter it causes convulsions when it hits your mouth you know you extracted it well :wink: