The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
incognito

tune hungry

well i feel the need for more tunes, seeing as the best tunes ive heard have come from folks from sab, im asking ur input.

im digging opiuo and tulku. this i picked up from reading sab.

i lurv anything simon posford touches, a little bit of infected shroom, lil bit to intense for me.

im digging more ambient stuff these days, but yeah dont mind my psy, its GOTTA be interesting though, repetitive beats dont float my boat. happy to give a listen whatever u folks recommend. anything good for adventuring, chilling to, or yeh u get the pic.

thanks in advance.

very quickly off my head, but i've been enjoying gonjasufi lately..

SUSUMU YOKOTA The Grinning Cat

you can listen to some ov the tracks here

Grinning Cat is a deeply mellow excursion into evocation and atmosphere. Cinematic in the rare and true sense of the word, Yokota seems to posses a rare talent for setting moods with almost effortless simplicity. The album is constructed electronically by use of an array of organic sound sources - handclaps, windchimes, heartbeats, acoustic guitar, piano......delicately brought together in a way that never seems pretentious and wholly succeeds in setting the scene for bliss. Highly Recommended.

If you kinda dig prog music, Porcupine Tree has a great album called Voyage 34 which uses an old LSD experience throughout;

"This remarkable, sometimes incoherent transcript illustrates a phantasmagoria of fear, terror, grief, exaltation and finally breakdown.

Its' highlights have been compressed on this recording to make their own disquieting points.

The time is 9:30 pm, 1 hour after the participants have eaten sugar cubes saturated with LSD. We hear brian and his fellow travelers observing their gradual transformation."

PT's other stuff like Fear Of A Blank Planet and In Absentia are more classic prog rock.

Eva Cassidy (beautiful acoustic songs, RIP), Miles Davis (Bitches Brew awesome album), Gotye (can't describe, Aussie), Donovan (60's folk), Gomez (english, bluesy), Funkadelic (particularly Maggot Brain), Kyuss (woo! stoner rock, not sure if you're into that), Coda (Aussie band, very instrumental)... I've tried to add ones you might not have heard but it's hard to guess when I've never met you before LOL.

Something a bit different, an opera based on the Chinese Monkey (Monkey Magic):

If any of that floats your boat I can burn any/all :) Except for the Monkey one.

Funkadelic (particularly Maggot Brain),

Indeed ;)

Here are a few good songs (well so I think anyway):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMd9zQt8TE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YCLBL4LEkc

Live:

Album version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeE82XyNkyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qVIuE0xPjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDko5kfhcts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfJE-WF_a1c

That whole Titus Andonicus album is amazing for driving, it's a rock opera social commentary, comparing modern day life to the American civil war.

Shitloads more if you want :)

Edited by IceCube

Omar Rodriguez Lopez - A Manual Dexterity

thats a bit ambient I guess

his other stuff is latin freakout hard jazz - also good

i second Gonjasufi, great album

for electronic ambient/atmospheric type stuff, i'll tip my hat to Solar Fields and Monolake / Robert Henke

for more psytrance like vibes - stuff like Procs, Tamlin, or the Zenon Recs stuff you probably know (suncontrolspecies, sensient)

for other good journey/chill out music

Ozric Tentacles - great progressive psychedelic music, or Nodens Ictus the more ambient side project

Boards of Canada - warm analog ambient/chilllout

Earth - Hibernicum. more rock vibe, but slooooowwwwwwww, hypnotic and tonally beautiful

Naam - Naam. best stoner/psych rock album i've heard in a while

Secret Chiefs 3 (prob on every recommendation list ive ever written) - very diverse, but here's a taste

Valet - Naked Acid. psych/ambient, instruments w lots of effects

Six Organs of Admittance - folky guitar stuff but with droney/ambient parts too

Grails - awesome psych rock

that''l do for now im sure. big smooch to you incog :wub:

^^^ Omar's non-MV and ATDI albums are freaking awesome, hey? Se Dice Bisonte No Bufalo and Old Money are my favourites so far. I bought a couple of his other ones on vinyl (trippy covers!) but I haven't got around to getting a new needle for my record player.

For something a bit (very) different, Mars Volta covering The Sugarcubes' "birthday" Give it a listen with a head full of Lucy ;)

Do you like Mars Volta, Incog?

If you're after a chilled breaks experience (which I find most agreeable for journeying myself), try:

a ) "Nightlife" by Amon Tobin

b ) "Smile" by AIM

c ) anything by Nitin Sawhney

agrees particularly well with fungal friends

11 - Maximum the Hormone - Buiiki Kaesu - Chu Chu Lovely Muni Muni Mura Mura Purin Purin Boron Nurururerorero.mp3 lol

Try some glitch stuff... perfect ambient down tempo music for me.

edIT (from The Glitch Mob)

Nalepa

(some) Autechre

Telefon Tel Aviv (definitely a worthy check out)

Also check out Flying Lotus if you've never heard... he's been making unique, weird and wonderful electronic music for a very long time.

Big ups for the Maggot Brain mention hehe... that song is art - and so is the rest of the album.

Also if you like a bit of modern day rap\hiphop\rnb but want something a bit different and more Jamaican then check out some modern dancehall... I'll throw some links to a couple mixes.

http://djserg.podomatic.com/enclosure/2009-05-07T15_00_47-07_00.mp3

http://djserg.podomatic.com/enclosure/2010-06-05T14_06_10-07_00.mp3

hey there ajna, how are you, old friend? :wub: missed u x

thatnks for gonjasufi! just what i was looking for!

big BOC and ozric fan!

more of an 'interesting' ambient fan now, ambient with a good pinch of psy ;)

anyone hear hears SolarFields? just downloaded and loving it.

psy just dont do it for me when venturing any more, more promotes feelings of anxiety.

more smooth sailing and therapeutic with ambient sounds for me.

big ups for telefon.

oh yeah and thanks for the opiuo headsup. love it!

keep em coming~

anyhoo hi hoooo! hiii hooooo! of to work i gooooooooooooooo

i'm great thanks :) hope all is well in your world mate

yeah solar fields is pretty perfect journey music hey

quite diverse, such pristine sound and so spacious

he has one album Earthshine, which is his go at the trance style. it's very nice, has an uplifting/morning/sunrise vibe, and more of a prog tempo mostly so not quite as full on as other psy, just in case u wanna shake your booty a bit too!

dunno if it's your thing but theyre one of my fave bands - Acid Mothers Temple

albums like Magical Power From Mars and Mantra of Love hold more of a ambient chilled vibe, taken me on a number of great trips

many other albums but often more abrasive, heavy psych rock, great but intense

or some of the solo works from Kawabata Makoto are great drone - as long as you can dig beatless, sustained tones for like 30 mins :P the opposite pole of trance music. not everyone's cuppa but i love it

keep it real bro

LOVE se dice no bufalo got that on vinyl as well as a special edition of deloused

In the Court of the Krimson King is great, early psych that still stands up today