The Corroboree
SunChaser

BlackBalled

Ok, I'm fully aware I might be walking right into a trap here, so that I can be made to look like some paranoid loonatic.

I changed my avatar the other day, then came back the next day and my old avatar was back. Tried to change it again, but everytime I uploaded the new image the old image would appear instead. So I can only have the old image as my avatar or no image. I know someone did it, because it worked fine and I double checked a few of my posts to make sure the new image was there. It wasn't till the next day when Someone would have seen I changed my avatar, that they blocked me from changing it.

I've also been blocked from posting images. I've tried on 3 different computers from 3 different Internet connections and it's the samething, so I know I've been blocked.

Thing is, this isn't a incognito style 'why don't you like me post'. I don't want any problem fixed, nor am I under the illusion that anyone cares. My question is, if you don't want me here, why not just be a man and outright ban me? Do you really care what people think that much? lol, Do you really think anyone would care?  

I am fully aware this post will most likely result in a wave of abuse and been told how paranoid and psychotic I am, by people who can't even smoke a little cannabis for that exact reason.

But it's all good, becuase I don't really care even if I was just being paranoid, it's not really the point! Also to tell the truth i'd already decided to leave. But was just going to go peacefully on my own terms, rather than in a fit of rage.

But after reading how incognito and his little praggs treated that poor vulnerable person, this place is starting to honestly just me feel sick in the stomach. 

Whatever happend between the 2 members was a huge misunderstanding. No one likes to here the word 'police'! But you need to able to seperate immaturity from the dogs! 

I'm seriously going to have nightmares about all that. All he was doing was trying to trade some cactus as a way of hoping to socialize, he was probably just looking for a friend! And you guys drove him down till he sounded like he was contemplating putting a bullet in his head! Then once he was at that point, what did you do? Ya kept on pushing him! 

Bringing the issue up didn't help anyone, so you can't use that as an excuse.

Just to put things into perspective, the leader of this savage pack is himself so unstable and self absorbed that when he had a few points against his name, he posted a thread demanding that people give him positve points, because he had decided he deserved it!

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24319

To think, how people were trying to tell 'me' how serious suicide was! Then I find out that at that same time there was a thread where this person is showing genuine text book signs and you guys were just actively pushing him to the edge! It seroiusly makes me want to be sick!

You are a cold hearted individual incognito and I don't even hope you ever get that same thing done to you. I just really hope you see your ways and never gang up on such a vulnerable individual ever again!

Anyone here who was either personally involved in that, or is capable of feeling empathy and saw the thread well it was happening and did nothing, should all be ashamed of yourselves. You truly have a feeble mind.

Having said that!

Catch ya all later, I'm going to go live the nomadic life for a while. Somewhere where this meaningless savage cruelty is non-existant.

Peace and good luck with being normal, if that's what makes you happy.

Daniel

Chill bro, I can't upload a photo either, although I did manage to change my avatar. I think it's a glitch rather than someone blocking you...

But good luck on your travels,

Peace

paranoid and psychotic, yes.

if you can't change your avatar then that's a problem at your end [probably proxy server issues - read the APPROPRIATE forum for ad nauseam information]. profile pics however are disabled due to a software glitch.

arieon had one main problem and that was that he did not know where the line was and even once he was told he ignored it - twice. That's why he got banned.

And no, the discussion wasn't pretty, but if you carefully read the threads you will see that he was the initial aggressor and hence brought the dramas on himself. He just handled the whole thing very poorly. I hope he sorts himself out cos without the pressure of the dramas I think he's a good guy.

you are a cold hearted individual incognito and I don't even hope you ever get that same thing done to you. I just really hope you see your ways and never gang up on such a vulnerable individual ever again!

i've known incog for several years and hung out with him on many occasions. all evidence to the contrary my friend. he's good natured and compassionate and professionally seeks to improve the lives of people whose lives have fallen apart. so you're thoroughly confused.

But after reading how incognito and his little praggs treated that poor vulnerable person, this place is starting to honestly just me feel sick in the stomach.

the feeling is more than mutual my friend.

the only time i felt like leaving these forums was because of some cracker named baphomet a while back. and the similarities between your posts and his ones are striking. the people on these forums have "feeble minds" you say? well, judging from the vitriol in some of your posts, you have an ugly mind.

And who says all glitches are bad.

Jabez is a good bloke. A very entertaining and passionate guy who i think would easily be misunderstood by many people. Best of luck man. Look after yourself and i hope you can come back to The Corroboree one day.

As for the Aireon, Incog, Pd thing, it's just another chapter in the book of sab. I only hope this time the people involved can learn from the past and forgive each other. On an individual basis (and this i know 100% for one person) you are great people. Each wanting the best outcome for everything and everyone. You're not that different.

cheers

Arion showed text book signs of being nothing more than an immature fucktard. I've lost alot more than that and u ain't heard shit from me. Maybe cause I'm not a winging bitch! Or I realize everything and every1 gets their own in the end. Thats why I don't bother arguing with catholics, christians, etc. I just amuse myself by thinking of how they'll realize the truth when the time comes for them. Heaven forbid we just die and thats it, I'm human, I can't accept that!

• I tried to change my avatar awhile ago and it also didn't work.
  • I haven't tried to post a picture this month, so can't reliably comment on that.
  • Forum software can be glitchy.

Edited by OpticalLight

As for being one of those who commented in the thread Jabez mentioned i only gave my opinion & make no excuses or apology,s

Anyhow I had 22 years so experience with Mj & dont preach about it often, i do see both sides of the coin but did enjoy reading some of your posts/debates in MJ threads etc...

So all i can say is dont stress about it Jabez, keep reading & posting no need to leave, but again just my opinion :bong:

Edited by mac

i have praggs?? is it treatable? :unsure:

Somewhere where this meaningless savage cruelty is non-existant.

there's not such a place mate ...oh, actually there is. It's in Castaneda's books and in all of the worlds idealists heads.

Also, savage cruelty is not meaningless. It's got it's evolutionary explanations and place.

It's not nature's fault if we tend to overestimate humans

Inco, that internet is a bitch to quit huh? :P

PS: I thought some people were very unfair to Arieon too. Why did he get banned [apart from the fact that if he stayed, the bias pro PD would be more evident] ?

Why did he get banned

Mostly because of crossposting and posting the full name of PD in his thread. Him being banned had nothing to do with his feud with passive. Just take a look at the original posts. Torsten stated the reasons very explicitely there.

Guys, i dont want you to open any more threads about the PD/ Arieon Feud! We already had enough of them and i dont want this debate to come up in every single thread. Leave the stuff where it belongs. I absolutely hear you when you say that some of the happenings in Arieon´s Trade thread werent fair but he wasnt faultless either. He was a nice guy but at some point he broke too many rules we expect our members to have respect of. Plus he was treating some goodwilling people really unfair. There were many people, including me, who where trying to help Arieon, there was a lot of noise and in the end he got his money back. Let´s honestly wish him luck with his life. And let´s put this nasty discussion to a rest now. bye Eg

edit: oh jabez, it wasnt me neither who stole your avatar. :wink: Nobody is plotting against you.

Edited by Evil Genius

PS: I thought some people were very unfair to Arieon too. Why did he get banned [apart from the fact that if he stayed, the bias pro PD would be more evident] ?

I am not saying I liked the way the arieon/pd threads went. far from it. i think both of them underestimated the volatility of the situation and made very poor choices along the way. The problem is that arieon originally posted PD's real name. This was removed and he was told that this is unacceptable. I encouraged him to pursue the matter in whatever way he wanted, but to not break the forum rules. This went OK for a little while, but eventually he again posted PD's real name [twice] and that's what he got the boot for. Given the circumstances of desperation and the nature of the original trade I am inclined not to enforce the ban for very long, but certainly long enough to make sure this drama doesn't erupt again [on all sides].

I am very disappointed in arieon's attitude towards incog though and I will be chatting to him about that directly. Incog tried to help out in this situation and got results for arieon that he may not have otherwise been able to get. he does not deserve to be treated that way for his efforts and from both jabez and arieon's posts it is clear they have little understanding of incog as a person.

Like I said, there is a bit of baggage to sort through before this is put to bed, but I am sure that the less other parties [with only half the story] get involved the quicker this will be resolved..

im with yawning man, i think sometimes people can be misunderstood, unfortunately the forum can sometimes be like mini politics but thats just the way it is..if you make a comment your open to critisism and right of reply.

were all here generally for plants and discussion whether its right or wrong we all have an opinion about life, sometimes we dont agree...and that is cool, wouldnt it be boring if we all had the same opinion.

blah blah blah im just recycling crap i know. jabez man nobody stuck a gun to arions head and forced him to buy stuff from pD, he made all his own decisions, you shouldnt feel bad about that...and even if you do support him we dont hate you for that. the old saying mud sticks is so true and pD had his name dragged thru the mud in a argument which should have been conducted via PM. i feel arieon was baiting us all when he put in that cactus trading thread a few days after, he knew what was going to happen with member revolt etc.

take some time off jabez and come back, i dont and im sure we dont hate you. your opinion is valued. pD if you read this i think is unfair your rep has been dragged thru the mud, if it helps the few trades i do yours came quickly with excellent packaging, high quality cactus with a extra seedling gift for the few dollars i spent. Thank you.

:worship: i fucken love u devance :worship:

THIS is a man we need to help with travel fees to come to EGA.

if it makes any difference..Jabez i enjoy reading your posts. You have made me realise 'facts' i have regarding MJ are not as substantiated as i thought. I really appreciate that.since then ive been doing research and still have not found any concrete evidence of marijaunas damage on the brain. if anyone can help please do! Ive got no issue with you :)

i feel arieon was baiting us all when he put in that cactus trading thread

trust me, i chewed over that one for a number of days. i was informed by a member by txt lol when i was on my net hiatus. hey 2 weeks aint a bad break :)

I was just thinkin after all we went through "The Noive!"

i could have handled the arion thing better, my emotions sometimes superseed my rational thinking (well more often than i would like) however i do think i got ARION what he wanted on conditions that where decided on by all partys. which arion plainly renegged. i also beleieve the situation would have continued whether i posted in that thread or not.

In all honesty i got nothin against the kid, hes just gotta take more responisbilty for the choices and decisions he makes, instead of pointing blame left right and centre, and when conditions are set for an exchange, to stick to them. And i do think he comes across as a sweet and sensative guy. But wrappin him in cotton wool and baying to his every demand is not going to do him any good. Nor is letting him get away with threatening, accusing, and assuming. I hope arion does come back some day.

I swear this is the last im going to say about this situation, as much as it will tempt me.

Edited by incognito

just have to clear something up.

Firstly, none of what I said had anything to do with the aerion & PD situation. PD is an awesome bloke and that whole thing was clearly a huge misunderstanding. Aerion was probably being a little peddy too. 

Anyway, I've been coming here for a pretty long time now. I was even lurking here for a while before I joined and I have to say, although constantly changing, it really is, 'over all' a very openminded and welcoming community and there are also some very intelligent members here. There are some people here that really know there stuff and I really have learned a lot over the years from them.

I still remember when I first discovered SAB, I was like a little kid in a candy shop. All the endless information to read. 

I honestly believe that just reading all the different ideas from all the interesting people that have been though here over the years has probably raised my IQ, lol, and certainly given me what I feel is a far better philosophy towards life. Although my philosophy is clearly still a working progress and far from finished.

But, that whole thing was over $260 and a immature threat. To me, it really felt peddy and really mean. I also know he crossed the line and had to be banned. It just felt like he was pushed, but having said that, who really who's with people? I think one thing that can't be denied is that we can only guess what his true frame of mind was.

It was not in the spirit of things though, so I am still glad I said something about that. Maybe I just let things get to me to much. But, the thought of how this dude got bullied and then could of probably gone and done something really messed up, will probably keep getting me down for ages, then if I hadn't of said anything, it would just been something else to beat myself up over. It's a weakness I have! I've been fired from a few jobs and just got myself generally knee deep  in it, so much times over the years by standing up for people (who I sometimes don't even like) who I think are being bullied or ganged up on.

I don't think incognito is a evil person. He was just probably really angry (emotional) and not thinking. If it was face to face, I doubt he would of treated a person like that over such a peddy issue. It's just probably easy to forget that it's a person reading the monitor on the other end.

Oh, about the photos and avatar BS. I really don't know and I don't care. Probably paranoia! But really, how long can a person stare at the computer (not even really knowing what people are actually like in real life) screen all day long, before some sort of paranoia does start to kick in, l don't know! lol.

Torsten, especially, imo deserves a lot of respect for what his built here. He has kept this awesome community going over all these years, which in australia is rare and vital to anyone who's interested in this field. 

I have to say, compared to other forums I've seen, It actually really surprises me how much freedom of speech is accepted within this forum.

Without carrying on about it to much, I stand by what I said with that aerion (trading section) situation. But SAB is a very unique place with a lot of very openminded individuals. So to make it clear, I have no grudge against SAB whatsoever. Or any of it's members for that matter (that can't be easierly overcome, anyway), just that partiqular situation.

So that's that really.

I'm actually just about to head off for a few months to live out of my backpack. Not worry about bills, politics or people and just live for the sake of living.

I was actually going to do it over 2 years ago. Told the girlfriend I'd had enough of her shit, quit my job, brought all the gear, then headed off. Few days later depression and childish fear kicked in, so I headed back home. But my girlfriend said, nah mate! If you ain't leaving I am, lol. So she left and I had to move out of the unit to my grandparents house. So, now I have been sitting in this caravan staring at the wall since then thinking, WTF! So this is round 2.

6 days to go and all I have to do is not take a step backwards and force myself to concur my fear of being out in the bush with no car or person within a few days walking distance. 

So now I basically really have to put my phone on airplane mode so it's just an ipod and get off the Internet from NOW ON and start getting organized and used to this weight I'll be carrying.

Maybe I'll come back in a few months more peaceful, with less of an anti-people philosophy. But more importantly, with direction!

Don't they call that happy? lol.

Daniel

• Like 1

I'm actually just about to head off for a few months to live out of my backpack. Not worry about bills, politics or people and just live for the sake of living.

Hey, good on you Jabez. I did this about 5 years ago and it was one of the best experiences of my life, although my orignal plan to walk from North Qld back to Melb, living from the earth only lasted a few days before I started getting day work picking fruit and staying in various caravan parks along the way.

John Marsen wrote a book called "The Journey" where it was normal practice for every kid to pack a bag and go walkabout when they turned fourteen. Loved this book when I was young (especially page 97 :blush: ). Lot to be said for the idea.

It was good meeting you on the Otways trip. I took you to be a really good hearted guy who talks a lot and has strong opinions. I think some of your posts do get misunderstood.

Best of luck. Enjoy your walkabout. Take what comes and try and let go of any pre-conceived ideas.

Peace.

Have Fun.

Best of luck Daniel, your plans sound challenging and rewarding. Have a good trip.

That was a a nice post Daniel

I always disliked bullies of any kind too... I also disliked when people treat people unfairly because they're supposed to help their friends who happen to have conflict interests with them...

I took you to be a really good hearted guy who talks a lot and has strong opinions.

now why does that remind me of myself ?? :lol: :lol:

have a nice and exciting time!

Edited by mutant