The Corroboree
Slybacon

Quotes of the day.

You'll never learn anything if you think you know everything.

-My boyfriend

"one cannot polish a turd, however one can roll it in glitter"

Some adaptable mind.

• Like 1

Pointy Birds by John Lillison, England's greatest one-armed poet

• O pointy birds,
    o pointy pointy,
    anoint my head,
    anointy-nointy

-from the man with two brains

"Were you out on the lake today kissing a brain?"

• Like 1

no matter how much you stir shit

it aint ever gonna be strawberry jam

.. my old man...

• Like 1

Most people are fools, most authority is malignant, God does not exist, and everything is wrong

- Ted Nelson

I'm no marble delivery guy, but rock is my life

-hogie

"whose's this dude ....Alexandra shupin?"

my 20 year old nephew -whose studying some type of chem course at uni-rings me up and asks me^

i reply :

"Our generation is the first ever to have made the search for self awareness a crime" (Shulgin's reply to the passing of the controlled substance analogue enforcement act of 1986)

my nephew :

"Do i need to know this ......??"

• Like 2

Of Yanqui guns for blood debts on the loans

Of smoldering fields rape rubble and bones

Of graves hidden trapped up in visions of war

Of nothing no one nobody no more

These are her mountains and skies and

She radiates

Through history's rivers of blood

She regenerates

And like the sun disappears only to reappear

She's eternally here

Her time is near

Never conquered but here

To tear away at the mask

Edited by bulls on parade

Steal! to be sure they may; and, egad, serve your best thoughts as gypsies do stolen children,—disfigure them to make ’em pass for their own.

— Richard Brinsley Sheridan, The Critic, Act 1, Sc. 1

• Like 1

"If you're a casual drug user, you're an accomplice to murder." - Nancy Reagan

:huh:

"I don't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."

- Nancy Reagan

The way that can be spoken of

Is not the constant way;

The name that can be named

Is not the constant name.

The nameless was the beginning of heaven and earth;

The named was the mother of the myriad creatures.

Hence always rid yourself of desires in order to observe its secrets;

But always allow yourself to have desires in order to observe its manifestations.

These two are the same

But diverge in name as they issue forth.

Being the same they are called mysteries,

Mystery upon mystery -

The gateway of the manifold secrets.

Madness forms the constitutive moment of dissolution .. It paints the exterior horizon, the line of dissolution, the contour against the void .. Words hurled against the absence of language, the space of physical suffering and terror which surrounds and coincides with the void - that is the work of art itself: the sheer cliff over the abyss of the work's absence.

- Michel Foucault

But there are two types of sufferers: first, those who suffer from a superabundance of life – they want a Dionysian art as well as a tragic outlook and insight into life – then those who suffer from an impoverishment of life and demand quiet, stillness, calm seas, or.else intoxication, paroxysm, stupor from art and philosophy.

"You can't just say a thing is just like another thing, but without the traits that define that thing. Then you're not talking about that thing. 'This thing is amazing! It's like a bicycle without wheels or a handlebar.' And you're like, 'Yeah, it's a chair. It's a fucking chair.'" - Jon Stewart

because she's put on so much weight they had to get a special camera to fit everything in on the wedding photos.

what kind of special camera?

google earth.

I want to see the president' date=' when it comes time to sign a bill, even if it may be necessary, to recognize — instead of being proud of every piece of legislation that’s passed — to recognize that it represents a failure of our collective social nature. And, instead of giving away all these pens with fanfare, he should light a stick of incense and say, “My fellow Americans, it is with deep regret that I must announce to you, because we could not solve this problem on our own, we have had to enact another piece of legislation. Let us pray we can recover our senses and repeal it as soon as possible.”[/quote']

-- Dale Pendell

Edited by r2pi
  • Like 2

"I intend to continue to call to the attention of the Australian people the extremely alarming, frightening similarities between the methods employed by contemporary green politics and the methods and the values of the Nazis" - George Brandis, SC

The Gaia hypothesis is a very interesting point. [...] Philosophically, it is a terrible mistake. It is a terrible mistake precisely in the neo-materialist sense because it takes the metaphor of the organism, it sees life, living flesh as the most magical thing that happened on this planet. This is of course a chauvinism, a kind of organic chauvinism on our part. It takes the metaphor of the organism and applies it to the whole planet. Now the whole planet is alive, that's what Gaia is!. Not only do you call it an organism, you also give it a goddess name just to make sure you are ridiculous enough. The way out of this is to think that the planet is indeed something special, but it what Deleuze and Guttari called a body without organs, which is the exact opposite of an organism. It is a cauldron or receptacle of non-organic life, a body without organs. Because it can be alive in the sense of being creative and generating order without having genes or having organs or being an organism. In my view, the very fact that the atmosphere connected with the hydrosphere can generate things like hurricanes and cyclones and all kinds of self-organizing entities means that indeed the planet, even before living creatures appeared, was already a body without organs, a cauldron of creativity, a receptacle of spontaneously emerging order.

• Like 1

“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” - William Blake

“All we need to do is start the war on education. If it’s anywhere near as successful as our war on drugs, in no time we’ll all be hooked on phonics.” - Leighann Lord

Did you know I read that they bleach buttholes now, Steven? Are they trying to say God chose the wrong color? -Roger the Alien

^ a variegated brown eye :lol:

• Like 1

"The organ is a restriction, not the cause, of the activity of the formative impulse." (G.R. Treviranus, Biology, 1802 - 1822 vol. 4)