I feel the orbit of the moons

And I dream what I become

And all's forgotten by the sun

(Steve Kilbey)

• Like 1

(double post)

Edited by Glaukus
Double post

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

Edited by Northerner
  • Sad 1

Outside my window
There's a world stuck in limbo
A sidewalker scared
Under gas station light alright

Inside my house
It's quiet as a mouse

Outside my window
They're tryin to play me for a fool
They say they got my place surrounded

Well nice attempt to keep me grounded

Inside my house
I shoot to kill I don't fuck around

Inside this house I'm terrified

This spirit world is upside down and inside out
We've come too far, we're too bizarre to turn back now
Lifestyle over everything, lifestyle over everyone
They say, freedom has been found
Lay your weapons down

(The Bronx)

• Like 1

Thank you for waiting; we appreciate your patience and will be with you as soon as possible - CBA Hold message.

• Haha 2

Nobody lives, nobody dies

Until she opens up her eyes,

She is the Sun she is the Moon,

My desert flower, my superbloom.

( the bronx - again)

• Like 1

"By ignoble whips of pain, man is driven at last into the infinite presence, whose beauty alone should be enough to lure him."

Paramahansa Yogananda

• Like 1

"Art alone makes life possible – this is how radically I should like to formulate it. I would say that without art man is inconceivable in physiological terms… I would say man does not consist only of chemical processes, but also of metaphysical occurrences. The provocateur of the chemical processes is located outside the world. Man is only truly alive when he realizes he is a creative, artistic being… Even the act of peeling a potato can be a work of art if it is a conscious act."

Joseph Beuys

Don't know what that was

Edited by Glaukus
Poor judgement

"To make war all you need is intelligence. But to win you need talent and material."

Hemingway

Edited by Glaukus
Spellink

"Patience is the mother of Gertrude"        -   Mr B.Caapi   circa 1985 while playing Wonderboy  ( Cloud stage )

• Like 1

Oh, love isn't there to make us happy. I believe it exists to show us how much we can endure.

Hermann Hesse

The True Temple 

He who does not know through subtle inquiry the truth that God is himself the temple for both the jiva and the world will build a temple consisting of many enclosures [prakaras], restrict God to an idol, and perform elaborate and magnificent worship to it.

- Guru Vachaka Kovai

On 9/2/2022 at 8:15 PM, Glaukus said:

Oh, love isn't there to make us happy. I believe it exists to show us how much we can endure.

Hermann Hesse

Ugh so true

The Bible And The Breathalyser

Among the tattered dwelling of the new found home, in the furthest cramped corner sat the shell of a goat head strangled in copper wire, scraped of its insides, unwashed behind the ears, fueling the crooked names spoken by leeches
To a thinning cowlick's fat his crippled limp, dragging along the hump of the floor. Sobbing from the smacking mouth of the demagogue wells, making wisecracks, spilling from the corners with their pink flinches, second glancing their every move
It ate pickled nose cartilage that fell from the ceilings, a pork skin drizzle unnerving the humans, while it read aloud from its favorite books, in glossolalia slang and haruspex truths, following a slow and patient wait, a mocking their hair as it was glued to their upper lip combover
Under the wall, the ships smeared by faithfully talking the magnum fanatics and their bottles of scalp soup
They cooked up a tardis smudge on their eyes, a lunar antidote that powdered underneath the oncoming pestilence of their idling fingers
It wrote them a seance, penetrated their every dependent desire
It hacked off the central headpiece to the collective
It wrote them a message in the marrow of the knife, with the extension of Baphomet* transfusion
Glued to the animals, perversions of their former selves, patiently biting their fingernails looking for a clue
As soon as it failed to appear, the faithful fell under the spell of public execution
It had been an eternity filled with useless ritual, and all for nothing, promising salvation, but only flags came swarming around for a better taste
What was left were the scraps, dressed in animal skin, defiled servants holding their breath, fatherless culprits blaming their kin, waiting for an answer
They thought a day would come, or a giraffe might choke in midair squeal, some sort of indication
Only it was the hands of the followers that had left their markings in neatly packed dunes filled with the decapitated remains, found sealed in sand
It only stained the conscious for a brief moment, then came disgust
Realizing there was nothing to it, people began collapsing in collective states of drought
Palm-size vents heating in the chest, cluttering the graph, a bladder full of remains
Nothing became of them because nothing was the reason, an apathetic display dripping into vats of obesity
The feud had been sucking teeth for some time now, but the only baggage that paraded about was the curtain epidermis unfolded in an inebriated suit
The fit came suffocating, feathering the boa-constricted paleness, frostbitten, and shovel-faced
It came before them in utter confidence, flares of pink owls in the nest of albino eyelids blinking out chemical obscurities to the blind
It bloomed into a hemorrhaged contraption that impopulated the disenchanted, one by one
All the churches were converted into quarantine facilities, inside them grew bacterial stubble compacted by larvae, contracting and teething
A newborn litter degradively sufficient, running from the horse collarbone, amongst the murmuring femurs whimpering in fractures
"Are you the Polaroid shot you thought you were?", it said with a coy smirk
With the position now vacant, it waltzed right in and made itself at home
Seduced by the empty nominations at the altar of broken ballot boxes, closer to that nothingness that everyone seemed to embrace
As it pissed all over them, the sigh of relief steamed off the soaking depressants, an impending sleep was on its way

Mars Volta (Cedric and Omar)

Imagine you have the following symptoms: vomiting, fever, chills, headache, cough, sinus and chest congestion, diarrhea, fatigue, sore throat, and jaundice.

So, basically, death warmed-up.

You see three doctors for advice.

Doctor 1: I think you have COVID.

• This is an example of Occam's Razor: "simpler explanations are, other things being equal, generally better than more complex ones."

Doctor 2: You might any or all of COVID, the flu, a cold, Gastro, mono, and/or hep.

• This is an example of Hickam's dictum: "A man can have as many diseases as he damn well pleases."

Doctor 3: Sounds like late-stage cancer.

• This is an example of Crabtree's Bludgeon: "No set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated."

Who do you think was right? :blink:

I’m tempted to say none, because doctors. 

but 2? Because  jaundice and sinus/chest congestion don’t really go together AFAIK and multiple morbidities are pretty common.

i hope not 3 dude 

12 hours ago, FancyPants said:

I’m tempted to say none, because doctors.

lol, good point... most remind me of this dude:

Dr._Riviera.png

I reckon co/multi-morbidities must be common these days, especially with an ageing population living less healthy lifestyles... obesity and whatnot.

I was thinking about these quotes because my family has experinced all three! One of us had COVID, another COVID + gastro + a cold, and another COVID and late stage lung cancer :unsure: 

• Like 1

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.

Ecclesiasticus 38: 4

• Like 1

Mystique our majesty, Goddess unwind

Mystique of mind reveal, Mystique of mind

Mystique our majesty, Goddess unwind

Mystique my reveal

Match the eyes of the dragon

Catch the flames of breath

Hypnotize reality

And join in with the rest

Chase the hunted magic

And pray to its commands