bℓσωηG

Have you seen any cool movies lately??

Akira. Wow, just...wow.

• Like 1

Akira. Wow, just...wow.

Oh :o how could i forget!!!!

also ghost in the shell, one and two.

• Like 1

Yes. Cyberpunk action at it's finest. Ghost in the shell is at the top of my list at the moment.

^^ that does look pretty cool.

Searching for sugarman

• Like 1

One of the kids hired out "We bought a zoo" the other day and I thought it was going to be another mediocre kids's flick but it was fantastic. Enjoyed every second :)

A Fantastic Fear of Everything

post-8023-0-26750200-1369621744_thumb.jp

This was actually really cool, definately worth a watch.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Im with botanika,

Searching for Sugarman is just brilliant.

Caught me off guard, the totally engaging story works on so many levels,

you dont have like Rodregez to get into this,

but boy you will have some respect for him by the end.

It really is a unique set of circumstances that just blew me away.

• Like 1

Im with botanika,

Searching for Sugarman is just brilliant.

Caught me off guard, the totally engaging story works on so many levels,

you dont have like Rodregez to get into this,

but boy you will have some respect for him by the end.

It really is a unique set of circumstances that just blew me away.

Excellent doco, loved it. Although apparently it is not so unique and it pulls a bit of a fast one on its viewers. Rodriguez, whilst his records may of bombed in the US was big here. Enough so that he toured here in 1979 and again a couple of years later. The documented tour in South Africa was quite a while later. Though, if it wasn't for the South Africans he wouldn't of had the big resurgence.

An ex housemate of mine still has his Cold Fact LP from way way back, pressed in oz.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rodriguez-10-things-you-dont-know-about-the-searching-for-sugar-man-star-20130328

• Like 1

Personally I cannot praise Rodriguez enough. Been listening to the man for many years. I have first press LP copies of cold fact, coming from reality & At his best.

I also picked up a hand numbered copy of his record day 45 single that he released a couple of years ago. Long live Sixto!!

Edited by muskrat
  • Like 1

Seven Psychopaths...i really really really loved this movie

post-9779-0-88400900-1369806502_thumb.jp

post-9779-0-88400900-1369806502_thumb.jpg

post-9779-0-88400900-1369806502_thumb.jpg

The Salton Sea!

Sad and twisted at times but a really good watch.

• Like 1

Been watching the spawn animated series. Love them. Great character.

• Like 2

Akira. Wow, just...wow.

wow so,...crap?

(braces for hate)

edit: oh on topic, the only movie i have seen at the cinema lately is iron man 3, and i really cannot be strong enough in recommending it be avoided. it would be easier and more enjoyable (and have almost the same level of explosions and robots) if you just watched number 1 and 2 at the same time. super crap.

i also didn't like the Avengers, but Thor is fucking awesome. Best combined with mushroom sauce. mmm. can't wait for the sequel~!

Edited by Frank leDank

i haven't seen akira in a while but i have to agree, didn't do a great deal for me at the time, maybe i will try again. i agree with iron man & the avengers being shite, but i have to say Thor also sucked so much i truly wanted to puke, even more than the former two :puke:

while we're on the topic of hating i have to say i was expecting a lot from Primer as so many people bigged it up in this thread, it sounded very interesting.. in a way i guess it was kind of interesting but fuck me was it boring!!!! so badly produced, the actors were utterly uninteresting & frankly just not very good actors.. sure the plot line was very complex so obviously challenging to pull off but imo it was a complete & out right fail! which is a pity cause i think the plot had a lot of potential to be epic but truned out to be the opposite..

unfortunately after all that hate i have nothing positive to contribute cause i think all the movies i've watched int the last few months have been cause i read about them in this thread.. i will be sure to report in when i see something good though

I think Akira is given a lot of leeway as it was one of the first anime movies to really go big(to western audiences). I like the movie but it has a lot of faults. I have a fonder place in my heart for a lot of the Ghibli stuff around that time like Nausicaa of the valley of the winds and My Neighbour Totoro.

• Like 1

the inspiration for inception, apparently

• Like 4

Thor also sucked so much i truly wanted to puke, even more than the former two :puke:

But it has teleporting through rainbows! :shroomer: I also like the portrayal of Asgardian society, modern and exciting but still pretty accurate for the mythology.

Do you like any Marvel movies, paradox? I think the only other one i actually like is the first spiderman. Oh and Xmen! yeah

But it has teleporting through rainbows! :shroomer: I also like the portrayal of Asgardian society, modern and exciting but still pretty accurate for the mythology.

Do you like any Marvel movies, paradox? I think the only other one i actually like is the first spiderman. Oh and Xmen! yeah

haha, yeah i can understand that! i'm just a kill joy, nah i don't really like any of the marvel films, never really liked the comics either, i never got it, the characters always seemed cheesy to me, not very cool looking & no where near my vision of what a cool super hero would be

Akira is asolutely wild. When it came out it was streets ahead of anything else at the time.

Many of the best manga are at their best as a front row thing at a theater and under these conditions this manga's particularly good with a few mates and Hoffman's potion. :devil:

Edited by Mycot
  • Like 1

Spawn the movie :)

Aaagh Qualia, I haven't seen an animated movie yet, but those trailers you posted look very interesting! I think I have been missing out all these years, I need to do some catching up.