The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

Have you seen any cool movies lately??

The Lone Ranger... Johnny Depp plays a native american it was pretty funny and plenty action :)

Edited by bℓσωηG

Mongol the Rise of Genghis Khan... cant wait for the sequel

A movie I would recommend to NOT watch would be Everly. Salma Hayek film... Absolutely terrible and absolutely ridiculous.

The Imitation Game wasn't a bad watch. About Alan Turing and breaking the Enigma with the bombes machine.

Fury was also quite good. Showing the horror of war and breaking a man with the psychological aspect.

Edited by Gimli

Interstellar was enjoyable (well better than i thought it would be) probably liked the robots/AI the most lol

Fury was kinda tedious, good for small insights into tank operation back then but also like American Sniper cant help but see a large propagandist element to the film. Sniper does albeit briefly touch on the personal impacts to family, PTSD etc but does fail to really show the larger societal costs how it effects broads swathes of the population/family's veterans support/issues/disability/incarceration etc etc. Also the Us vs them black&white kinda perspective of "fighting evil" was hard to buy, it does show the protagonist struggling with personal doubts although if one reads his memoirs he said he had no such issues killing what he termed "savages" in the name of freedom or whatever he thought it was for...

''Birdman'' ... just watched this, fkn brilliant!

i thought gravity would be a run of the mill thriller. after watching, wow, it probably offers more insight into the environment of earth orbit with circa-present technology than any other movie. it's more than that though.

what i can't figure out is which tarot card is shown above the port on the soyuz spacecraft? it is a guy holding a long staff with branches at the top like an antenna, and there is something on his shoulder, maybe a little angel. since the movie offers a few tastes of blatant symbolism the identity of this card is certainly intended to inform the viewer somehow.

is it The Hierophant? which apparently represents a bridge between heaven & earth.. makes sense..

although it's also known as The Pope & being an American hollywood film it's quite possibly meant to be a very religeous reference as well as the obvious..

I really don't know shit about tarot though.. i thought the film wasn't too bad, didn't find it overly great.. pretty good CGI/cinematography thats about it for me though..

Despite what it might try to be or what people try to make it, I find the character drama with Ryan (the female) worthwhile but its real merit is as a fictional documentary which gives the viewer a stunning close up experience of something they will never experience or deeply understand, the world of astronauts. Suitable atmospheric music too!

I don't think its heirophant from when I looked but I don't know shit either.

Anybody know a little about tarot cards?

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

ok, I can see it in the movie now. Its not a tarot card its a greek orthodox prayer card of St Christopher.

• Like 2

Its not a tarot card its a greek orthodox prayer card of St Christopher.

ah right. seems it's a card used for prayers before a journey..

The hierophant is often represented holding a tv aerial too. i reckon the hierophant tarot would have been heaps better symbolism in this film.. sybolising the connection between heaven & earth is a bit more interesting (& appropriate) than a cheesey prayer about safety : p

The Russian re-entry capsules are perhaps the least dangerous thing about space travel so it seems strange to me invoking saints at that point, but maybe such trinkets are to be found on the actual ISS, or maybe it is shown as a prelude to what comes next, potentially interpreted as a mystical intervention.

YOU GUYS!!! should watch the show Fortitude, it's a good old fashioned who dunnit without a boob in sight, which is great

• Like 1

Interstellar Soundtrack - Cornfield chase (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFJ0CR9yQW8&list=PLcHOKlfZ6enPoHOd9dP7Y4YGAlcCRZllI&index=2) . Put some headphones on and breathe in the music.

Interstellar is such a great movie, it makes you think. Can we overcome our baser instincts and unite as one people or are our baser instincts what makes us human.

Has anyone seen Ghost Dog? A story about a modern(ish, it's an old film) hitman who is, presumably self taught in the way of the samurai and utilises those skills to kill cunts. Jim jarmuches best film imo. There's a bit more happening than Coffee and cigarettes.

I remember loving it as a teenager and recently watched it again for the second time and still love it. Worth a watch.

thanks

i thought 'The Imitation Game' was pretty good. About Alan Turing the guy who decyphered the Nazi's enigma machine.

• Like 1

I don't really follow this thread so I'm unsure if Predestination has been mentioned yet.

I really enjoyed this movie in which Ethan Hawke a temporal agent who stops crimes before they happen. It has some good twists throughout.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

i also dig the heck out of "Helix", it's like a prequel to the apocalypse,

although i would have preferred the group of shadowy elites to be plain old humans, you don't need to be supernatural to be evil

I don't really follow this thread so I'm unsure if Predestination has been mentioned yet.

I really enjoyed this movie in which Ethan Hawke a temporal agent who stops crimes before they happen. It has some good twists throughout.

yep its been mentioned but i think you meant to say ethan hunt

MV5BMTc1NDI5NzQyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjc4

Edited by ThunderIdeal