The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

Have you seen any cool movies lately??

I really liked The Revenant. Good revenge story, beautifully shot.

• Like 1

Sicario

Barton Fink.

"I'll show you the life of the miiiiind! I'll show you the life of the miiiind!"

^ Nice site. Thanks for the tip man! :lol:

• Like 1

was feeling really tired from work and sat down and watched this movie with 3 bungers, the scene with the three jazz sisters licking toadypoles was so funny. and when they went from black and white to colour was a zing moment . i had to get up and made a cupo of cammo

• Like 2

Django Unchained... (because I thought it might be handy to see before the Hateful Eight.)

I particularly loved Cristoph Waltz (he might be my new favourite actor) and Leo Di Caprio's performance was really solid too.

The weirdest bit was Tarantino's token role alongside John Jarratt (I guess he's just taking the piss out of his own movie).

I didn't even mind watching this movie with my teenage daughter... no gratuitous sex and the violence was kinda comedic.

^ E.D., what's a bunger?

• Like 3

not a movie, but the series spotless was a pretty good watch

I'm a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki's animated films (just look at my avatar). Porco Rosso is one of my favourites (the English version not subtitled):

• Like 4

Hardcore Henry

If this isn't considered a cult classic yet....... it will be!

• Like 1

Fantastic planet..... 1973 french animation 

Edited by freakazoid
P.s. I love Akira also.... And Ninja Scroll

Alien covenant (sequel to prometheus)

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

On 11 February 2016 at 8:05 AM, SayN said:

The weirdest bit was Tarantino's token role alongside John Jarratt (I guess he's just taking the piss out of his own movie).

I have a theory about that scene.. It is a reference/nod of respect to Rolf de heer's film The Tracker with David Gulpilil.. 

In the scene Tarantino is Australian. Obviously the whole theme is black slaves becoming free.. Which mirrors the final scene of The Tracker. The way Django rides away into the distance on horseback while shirtless.. It is straight from the final scene of The Tracker.. Exactly the same vibe & very similar camera shot.. The fact Tarantino's character is Australian is to make the reference clear.. That's my theory anyway.. 

Tarantino is well known for referencing films/directors he respects.. 

& by the way, The Tracker is a really great film, Archie Roach did the sound track.. Is brilliant.

Edited by paradox
  • Like 4

Doctor Strangelove (1964)

Dont let the date put you off like i nearly did.  This black and white is entertaining and profound from start to finish, and while it was presented as a complete farce, history reveals it was more accurate than not.

On 03/08/2016 at 9:50 PM, rahli said:

Hardcore Henry

If this isn't considered a cult classic yet....... it will be!

wow.  so stimulating and entertaining.  so, so very cool and novel.

i'd really love to know how they managed to shoot some of those scenes

here are the first two from director ilya which led to hardcore henry (nowhere near as good)

Edited by ThunderIdeal
Added my own recommendation
  • Like 2

On 06/07/2017 at 10:16 AM, ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ said:

I dont mean to watch this or have an opinion, buuuuut, I saw on youtube that one of those crappy sunrise shows interviewed this director and tried lambasting her when it became evident they hadnt made any attempt to even watch the doco first!

• Like 1

Paprika (papurika) 2006 anime 
When a machine that allows therapists to enter their patients' dreams is stolen, all Hell breaks loose. Only a young female therapist, Paprika, can stop it.

11 hours ago, saylor twift said:

Paprika (papurika) 2006 anime 

When a machine that allows therapists to enter their patients' dreams is stolen, all Hell breaks loose. Only a young female therapist, Paprika, can stop it.

I love paprika!

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 1:16 AM, ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ said:

• Like 1

Watched journey to the west on sbs on Wednesday was actually really good laughed the entire time , feel like I need to watch the monkey king movies now 

this isnt a movie its a series but still rad, its a bit different to alot of cartoons/ anime...quite contemplative

They are neither plants nor animals. They differ from other forms of life such as the micro-organisms and the fungi. Instead they resemble the primeval body of life and are generally known as "Mushi". Their existence and appearance are unknown to many and only a limited number of humans are aware of them. Ginko is a "Mushi-shi" who travels around to investigate and find out more about the "Mushi". In the process, he also lends a helping hand to people who face problems with supernatural occurrences which may be related to the "Mushi".

Image result for mushishi

• Like 1