The Corroboree
Atlas

Giant red worm, under sand in mangroves WTF!

Check out this weird worm, i thought it may be a mangrove worm or bllodworm but can't find any reference to it, i pumped it out looking for yabbies, seems to be full of very thin liquid, creepy as, perhaps i've classified a new species!! I'll name if echinopsis pachanois hahaha

Any ideas anyone?

Image006.jpg

It was about the size of my hand, prob 12inches long.

ive seen those in mackay not a clue what there called. but we also have large tubulare white worm things pumping mud through themselves in my yard havnt seen one round in years but the evidence is there evry morning they leave piles of mud in the shape of shit all over the place

Fry that sucker up with some garlic, butter and seasoning. mmmmmm

It appears to be a cross between a goat's horn, a large intestine and a dildo. Go on, eat it! :P

Dont upset it. It could be a Blob.

edit: just thinking. It reminds me of Resident Evil. You know, the monster tongue thing that comes out of the mouth of the demons.

Edited by Evil Genius

Nice, funny you should say that because my mates said the same thing, they always call me bear grills because i try and eat anything, but this thing creeped me out. propbably need some good encouragment and severe cooking to try it!! if i find one again anyway.

Yeah freakin resident evil, i still hate hunters the most, with there claws clicking as they walk in the darkness...

not very odd but a mangrove insect [large lava[1foot].

tasty if cooked.

squish the mud out and either eat raw or cooked probably better for you raw ;)

Nice, perhaps I will try it, does anyone know what its called? google searches reveal nothing

Is that wat the aboriginals eat as mangrove worms, normally cut out of the inside of a mangrove tree?

i thought they called blood worms , make for good whiting bait, that is if you can put it on the hook after it has popped, and lost its contents ...

Nah im pretty sure mangrove worms are very white and look like long sludge, saw them on bush tucker man and i think blood worms look alot like beach worms only red.

This thing was pretty huge

Things that life in the mud that like mud. No good Eating. bye EG

A Auss is there are giant 5 feet ] earthworms, not for bait but natural histury except by hybrid [tanszania,like former giant fresh water lobsters].

\

\

So the mangros are history,

and a insect grub full of fat coversion cellulose or the bark.

Philip Murphy walks into a bar. The barman says "Hello Philip, are ye settled into the new house yet?"

Philip shot the bar man in the knee before pouring himself a scotch.

Since the barman had last met him, Philip had developed a severe gambling problem and lost everything that was precious to him.

Little did the barman realise that his simple enquiry would push Philip over the edge

It's a spoon worm Ochetostoma sp, not 100% sure of the species, probably australiense. They used to be very common but they don't seem to be anymore

I know the original people did eat them but i would have to ask one of the elders if you wanted to know how they ate them & what they called them etc.

• Like 1

Awesome thanks shortly, finally!!

http://www.worldpress.org/Americas/3552.cfm

The reporter, Emmanuel Raoul, spoke to locals (most of them Amerindian tribes) from nearby Fort Chipewyan, who told sordid stories of catching poisoned and deformed fish, often reeking with the stench of putrefied petroleum. Provincial and federal health officials have tended for some time to either deny or downplay the causal links between the tar sands' open-pit operations and the high incidence of cancer in the surrounding region. Raoul also found that doctors' concerns are often dismissed, despite the statistical evidence that indicates that there is an increased incidence of cancer near oil extraction.

\just get used it