The Corroboree
Atlas

Weirdest place you've ever seen a plant grow!?

I found this when looking for a geo cache and some shrooms and it made me think of all the weird places you find plants growing.101_3239.jpg

Edited by Atlas

I saw these weeds growing out of moss at a major train station not long ago. I like them enough to take a flick

post-7108-127408704326_thumb.jpg

Come across bottles like that fairly often in the bush. Have seen grass growing in the floor of a mates ute, well it was wheat but it was still growing. A tree up thru the floor and out the windscreen of an old as hell ute. Mushrooms in showers, seen that a few times. I know ive seen some other strange shit but just cant recall atm.

The weirdest thing was probably a mushroom growing out of my cemented cellar floor. My grand parents used to cultivate Agaricus in the cellar and thats why they had one room totally filled with soil. I cemented it over a few years ago but now it seems like the mycelium is eating its way through the stone. :blink:

i had a mushroom grow from a crack in a lino floor at an old house. The fridge i had at the time was a heavy old beast and cracked the lino under it. It was always moist cos the thing leaked a little water too. pretty funny

an orchid growing through ashfalt (sp?) on the side of the road in a drought stricken town in nsw's central west. did my head in.

Wow, thats a strange story, Nito! Sounds rather like Science Fiction! I have extreme difficulties believing that. Well, never say never but i thought that stuff like this is medicinally impossible. bye Eg

yeah there is a VERY good chance its all lies but its interesting none the less

i believe its some form of rock orchid. surprising how many orchids there actually are out here. ill try get a pic.

its still there on the side of the road infront of my olds place. waiting for someone to come join me in photographing and id'ing the strangely diverse flora that occurs here amongst the granite country!!

I saw these weeds growing out of moss at a major train station not long ago. I like them enough to take a flick

haha thas an awesome pic

How about the weirdest places i´ve ever seen an animal live... :devil:

post-1140-12740960555_thumb.jpg

Thats weak!! :puke:

In the middle of the road. A busy road at that.

On Lutwyche Rd in Brisbane, heading south towards the hospital / Valley ie the eastern side of the road, there is a square section of steel piping about 4 inches square set firmy into the middle of the road out the front of the newspaper block/cafe thingy.

Imagine a steel post, set in bitumen then cut off at ground level, leaving a "rampart".

Inside this, grows grass. Just grass. Blue couch, I think - hard to see at 70. It's nothing special but I marvel any time I see it (sometimes years apart) that it is still there and growing happily despite the hundred thousand sets of wheels that have to run it over once a day.

Also fishbone ferns growing in old brickwork on office towers around Central Station, and the perfect crop of pumpkins that grows at the end of my house waste water piping. I once worked on Mary Street, the top end, the tower I was in had a perfect patch of ferns and lichens growing on the 10 stories-up rooftop, seen by noone but me and the maintenance guy.

1869911835_7f1e829162_o.jpg

haha thats what i like to see nature fighting back

left my car on a property as a bush-basher, had been transporting pereskiopsis. a tiny piece (about one inch and thin) was accidentally severed and landed in some random gunk in the boot (probably decomposed carpet). months later it had grown about six inches in the closed boot, thoroughly etiolated.

i once found a dumped foam mattress ,prolly from some hippies bongo van which had a small forest of mullies growing out of it, :rolleyes:

i once found a dumped foam mattress ,prolly from some hippies bongo van which had a small forest of mullies growing out of it, :rolleyes:

haha nice!!