The Corroboree
ubza_1234

rubberband penis shroom!

Question

well i'm sharing these more because of how unusual they look, at least to me, but if someone could id them for me too so i can start researching info on them that be cool too. first one looks like a purple penis. the top was about 35mm wide. it was found in Nar Nar goon in victoria a few weeks back after some rain. the second and third pics were found in emerald Victoria. they only had 10mm caps. the last pic there they are growing out of a concrete step and you can see lil baby shrooms emerging to the left and right of the bottom one. sorry about the sorry about the crappy pic, it was on my phone but it looked too cool to not take a pic and investigate. :) i assumed that the two pics i took were the same variety but i could be wrong. any ideas guys?

pBTv8.jpg

EZq8F.jpg

tZR67.jpg

5 answers to this question

I wouldn't think same species, I think top some kind of boletus??? Middle No Idea...bottom no idea, But I have absolutely no idea when it comes to fungi.

Edited by dworx

First looks like Cortinarius archeri

#2 Mycena viscidocruenta

#3 Maybe Hygrocybe coccinea

shroomeup: the shrooms in the two last pics were the same size. doing a quick google image search it looks like your on the money for the second pic but the there were some google images that looked the same as both pic 2 and 3 when i search Mycena viscidocruenta. i know that google images is not the best reference, but i'm just saying. the first pic was a dark and deep purple and the Cortinarius archeri all looked alot lighter but then that could maybe environmental differences? i dunno, 'm far from a shroom expert :(

the two last pics are not the same spieces i found. i was working somwere else and found more of the 3rd one. they were that deeper red, not shiny at all and slightly different shape. but they were all still small 10mm caps

Edited by ubza_1234

Magnificent shots, thanks for sharing :)

these mushrooms are cool! the first red one look like the fantastic looking Hygrocybe coccinea, but can't tell without seeing the underside of the cap.

Edited by mutant