The Corroboree
sethomopod

FREE HBWR......... Guess how many in the pile!

877, I am not playing for the prize, but for the joy of the sport :) if I win I pass'em on too

What a harvest!!!

Edited by mutant

:lol:

Some are close. Some are miles off...

Also, Sorry to be a bummer to a few peeps out there, But if we have talked lately, and I've told you an estimate.. You're not in the running..

Be fair a let someone without much $ to win...

You know who you are.... :wink:

Good to see the interest!

Jesus Christ! Now I understand why you said quantity wasn't an issue.

My guess: 4,357

...and by the way, what is that chicken monster thing?

On stools covered in white satin sit naked Mugwumps sucking translucent, colored syrups through alabaster straws. Mugwumps have no liver and nourish themselves exclusively on sweets. Thin, purple-blue lips cover a razor-sharp beak of black bone with which they frequently tear each other to shreds in fights over clients. These creatures secrete an addicting fliud from their erect penises which prolongs life by slowing metabolism.(In fact, all longevity agents have proved addicting in exact ratio to their effectiveness in prolonging life) Addicts of Mugwump fluid are known as Reptiles. A number of these flow over chairs with flexible bones and black-pink flesh. A fan of green cartilage covered with hollow, erectile hairs through which the Reptiles absorb the fluid sprouts from behind each ear. The fans, which move from time to time touched by invisible currents, serves also some form of communication known only to Reptiles.

During the biennial Panics when the raw, pealed Dream Police storm the City, the Mugwumps take refuge in the deepest crevices sealing themselves in clay cubicles and remain for weeks in biostasis. In those days of grey terror the Reptiles dart about faster and faster, scream past each other at supersonic speed, their flexible skulls flapping in black winds of insect agony.

The Dream Police disintergrate in globs of rotten ectoplasm swept away by an old junky. Coughing and spitting in the sick morning. The Mugwump Man comes with alabaster jars of fluid and the Reptiles get smoothed out.

The air is once again still and clear as glycerine.

excerpt from Naked Lunch by William S Burroughs..

In my opinion one of the best writers of all time...

The movie is fantastic, but only a handful of pages from the book are in the movie... The movie is more about Burroughs actually writing the book..Of which he has no emotional memory of writing. Read the book!!

I think im gonna have to track down a book if i can find it, I dont do much reading but the movie based on this novel was one of the best movies i have ever seen & with addition of our friend Sid its even better :worship:

I think im gonna have to track down a book if i can find it, I dont do much reading but the movie based on this novel was one of the best movies i have ever seen & with addition of our friend Sid its even better :worship:

I can email you the ebook if you like

cheers pm on the way

Read the book!!

Yeah, I think I will after reading that quote.

Also, just had a look at the close up of the pic of your pile. I've guessed far too high. Bum.

I did win a "guess the weight of the cake" competition when I was about 8. Had to guess in pounds and ounces and I only knew metric, so had a pure guess based on the other entrant's guesses and got closest. Anyone could win this.

Edited by Rabaelthazar

Yeah naked lunch is a superb weird film, from a superb director.

Interzone, insect highs.

1277 but hey I only ever win something if I buy the ticket for them :wink:

Sethomopods hey...just been daydreaming for a while after reading this thread about the old days of D&D and the mind's ability for visualising characters and full on taking on the situations in that game.....man..just a simple set of die and a Good Dungeon master could make your brain and adrenaline system do amazing things.

I guess when life pummels that ability to almost obliteration, then we inevitably look for something to trigger that same feeling?

:rolleyes::wink:

Are these personal or wild may I ask?

I'm guessing home grown,if so what was the original source?

I've just never been able to keep this one alive in our climate...I'd like to soak some seed in an ormus solution to see if I could get some going.

Will pm anywayB)

Naked Lunch the movie...yeah mindfuck A MUST!

Could you maybe host the pdf file for a short time for download?

cheers mesc....

We're tagging into interzone...

Ooh when do we get to find out the number, Seth?

If attempting to read this book ready yourself for some violent homoerotic imagery.

Ooh when do we get to find out the number, Seth?

Soon fancy soon :wink:

Ends midnight 20/05/10.. will post the winner the next day!

980ish

1277 but hey I only ever win something if I buy the ticket for them :wink:

Sethomopods hey...just been daydreaming for a while after reading this thread about the old days of D&D and the mind's ability for visualising characters and full on taking on the situations in that game.....man..just a simple set of die and a Good Dungeon master could make your brain and adrenaline system do amazing things.

I guess when life pummels that ability to almost obliteration, then we inevitably look for something to trigger that same feeling?

:rolleyes::wink:

Are these personal or wild may I ask?

I'm guessing home grown,if so what was the original source?

I've just never been able to keep this one alive in our climate...I'd like to soak some seed in an ormus solution to see if I could get some going.

Will pm anywayB)

Naked Lunch the movie...yeah mindfuck A MUST!

Could you maybe host the pdf file for a short time for download?

cheers mesc....

Hey Mescalito, Sorry for the delay.. These pods are from a very wild vine in Alligator creek... I've posted pics before in some old thread, Pics dont do it justice though.. On a massive felled tree, about 3 or 4 storeys high (every year I have to look at 1000's and 1000's of pods that are just too unsafe to even think about harvesting) Biggest specimen I've ever seen and there are literally hundreds of vines a bit more south.. Best genectics of the lot too.. I'm guessing its maturity helps there...

I'll work out how to put Naked Lunch on a server and let you know..

:lol: Yeah, Loved D&D!!

man am i kicking myself for leaving north qld now :(

...........AND THE WINNER IS..... (insert drum roll here)

SHROOMEUP!!!!

(with PD coming in a close second)

There were 1666 pods in the pile..

isnt perspective funny.... guesses ranging from 500 - 5000!

I'll PM you soon shroomeup..

Cheers everyone!

Congrats Shroomeup. They are yummy