The Corroboree
Amazonian

new to the forum

Hi everyone. I stumbled upon this forum by accident (or maybe destiny). I cant believe how passionate you all are about this stuff. the last time I had 'mushies' was around 25 years ago. I have been reading about plant spirit medicine and my ears pricked up when reading about ayahuasca. Mmmm , I thought, its about time AFOAF had some mushies. Now AFOAF is older and wiser, they will have some mushrooms not for recreational use but to connect with nature etc... So now I have been unleashed and reading everything on hallucigens. Brings back memories . So I will be going to my old haunt to source some mushies ( what you guys call subs). I am excited yet a little nervous.We use to just boil them up and have the syrup in Milo. All this talk of lemon juice and so on is new to me but AFOAF is willing to give it a go. I think I will start off treading lightly.

Edited by Amazonian

Welcome to the forum, Im sure you will enjoy reading & learning about all the wonderful medicinal plants & herbs

Watch out for the cacti bug if you have not already been bitten :wink:

Cacti-bug?. I wasn't sure, you know, with all the photos of cactus. Any thing like 'san pedro'? I have a lot of new stuff to learn and I am really enjoying reading the forum and peoples recounts of their experiences while under the influence. I didn't think that mushrooms could produce the same or similar effects as DMT,not that I have indulged in that as yet . I have an average camera so I will be taking it with me on my hike and post any good pics that I take. YEEHAA

Edited by Amazonian

Cacti-bug?

They are a bit like Kingston biscuits or tim tams, your just not satisfied to have one, or a couple.

Eventually they start to build a small army after a season or two & take over your garden :unsure:

Edited by mac

Hi everyone. I stumbled upon this forum by accident (or maybe destiny). I cant believe how passionate you all are about this stuff. the last time I had 'mushies' was around 25 years ago. I have been reading about plant spirit medicine and my ears pricked up when reading about ayahuasca. Mmmm , I thought, its about time I had some mushies. Now I am older and wiser I will have some mushrooms not for recreational use but to connect with nature etc... So now I have been unleashed and reading everything on hallucigens. Brings back memories . So I will be going to my old haunt to source some mushies ( what you guys call subs). I am excited yet a little nervous.We use to just boil them up and have the syrup in Milo. All this talk of lemon juice and so on is new to me but I am willing to give it a go. I think I will start off treading lightly.

hey good to see some old farts joining in on all the new festivities, gotta keep these yunguns under check ya know, plus we need to boost the older geezer numbers around here a bit too.

welcome aboard and don't forget to peruse all the various forums and read the pinned threads and each forums guidelines.

:)

Greetings.

I too had around a 20 yr break before 'rediscovering' them.

And perhaps you can help me with a question that's plagued me for years.

Subs are now commonly prevalent in suburban gardens around Melbourne. When you were picking them 25yrs back, was it in suburbia?

I always travelled to find mine so suspect they've made in-roads from the bush since (or I was walking past them for years), but would love to confirm this.

cheers

ed

hey good to see some old farts joining in on all the new festivities, gotta keep these yunguns under check ya know, plus we need to boost the older geezer numbers around here a bit too.

welcome aboard and don't forget to peruse all the various forums and read the pinned threads and each forums guidelines.

smile.gif

I have read the forum guide lines ,have incriminated myself or is that just a heads up? By reading around I thought my opening paragraph was pretty safe

. I just dont know how far i can acctually go . I supose i will work it out as i go. Great weather here in Melbourne. Wet and cold.

Greetings.

I too had around a 20 yr break before 'rediscovering' them.

And perhaps you can help me with a question that's plagued me for years.

Subs are now commonly prevalent in suburban gardens around Melbourne. When you were picking them 25yrs back, was it in suburbia?

I always travelled to find mine so suspect they've made in-roads from the bush since (or I was walking past them for years), but would love to confirm this.

cheers

ed

Yes definitely suburbia. Although now there has been a lot of changes to the old stomping ground. The council have been clearing trees etc.. totally destroying the old habitat. There are still some around in parklands ,picnic grounds and that but I would like to go picking somewhere isolated . Maybe the mushrooms would have a different story to tell!

Yes definitely suburbia. Although now there has been a lot of changes to the old stomping ground. The council have been clearing trees etc.. totally destroying the old habitat. There are still some around in parklands ,picnic grounds and that but I would like to go picking somewhere isolated . Maybe the mushrooms would have a different story to tell!

Eastern or Western Melbourne, if you don't mind me asking?

I grew up in Altona (West subs) and travelled to the high country, Mt macedon, the Otways, or Donneybrook to pick. Never noticed one closer to Melbourne.

I'll feel bloody silly if I was doing all that travelling, whilst they were growing at home.

If you're interested in isolated picking there's a forum trip into the Otway Ranges for a few nights in three weeks or so. Check the "Chill Space" forum for details.

ed

Edited by reshroomED

Hello and welcome :)

Cacti-bug?

They are a bit like Kingston biscuits or tim tams, your just not satisfied to have one, or a couple.

yeah and then you can't even have one of each species, so you need 2 or 3 from each one :P

a terrible addiction, those fuckers in this forum got me into it and now I am seriously hooked!

Hiya Amazonian,

I'm another relative newbie, also Melbourne based. Welcome.

Edited by Rabaelthazar

Welcome to the forum. Mushrooms are amazing!

By the way, incredible ancient fresco you found Rabalthazar!

Thanks Tripsis,

Heaps of them around my area.... they don't look like traditional Aboriginal art to me, but then again... I'm no expert.

Eastern or Western Melbourne, if you don't mind me asking?

I grew up in Altona (West subs) and travelled to the high country, Mt macedon, the Otways, or Donneybrook to pick. Never noticed one closer to Melbourne.

I'll feel bloody silly if I was doing all that travelling, whilst they were growing at home.

If you're interested in isolated picking there's a forum trip into the Otway Ranges for a few nights in three weeks or so. Check the "Chill Space" forum for details.

ed

I have found them (P.sub') all along the peninsula. Mostly coastal. Lets say from Shoram to Cheltenham. As for the Otway Ranges, sounds great,i love camping . I dont know if i could go on a Trip with strangers though .(if you know what i mean).I shall check the "chill space" forum and see if it is up my alley!.

So this thing you have all got for cacti, is it actually for asthetic purposes, or medicinal or other. I am not really into pricks and am not keen on roses for the same reason.BUT...if there is a use for cacti, I am sure I could become interested. Some of the non spikey ones are pretty fascinating. I do have Aloe Vera that I use for medicinal purposes. My plant types are Bromeliads and carnivorous plants among other native stuff, Oh , and mushrooms. What is the difference between mushrooms and toadstools anyway?

Edited by Amazonian

I dont know if i could go on a Trip with strangers though .(if you know what i mean).I shall check the "chill space" forum and see if it is up my alley!.

I'll be straight for the whole camp (bar some herb and a few drinks) so no need to fear a weekend of freaked-out dudes running madly through the bush ;)

Some choose to imbibe, but decorum will be kept at all times. I'll guarantee that.

Had a few such trips before and, bar poor attendance, all have been a good experience.

Sitting, yacking, in beautiful surroundings, with people of a similar bent.

But I understand the "I don't know anyone" factor (for what it's worth, I've only met one member attending this year).

You're welcome if you feel cool with it.

ed

What is the difference between mushrooms and toadstools anyway?

mushrooms and toadstools are the fruit of fungi. IMO, Toadstool is a stupid english word for 'toxic mushroom'

I am not really into pricks and am not keen on roses for the same reason.

I think we initially all hate prickley plants as a memory from youth.

For what it's worth, I got the flu before I had some deeper experience with them...

There is no real difference between mushrooms and toadstools, at least, not in the eyes of science.

We love cacti for many reasons, aesthetics definitely being a part of it.

I will have to do some research on cacti. I know nothing about them. There is a plant nursery locally and it has what they call 'collectors corner' and it has some bizzare cacti there. The next time i go there i will be thinking of all you cacti freaks out there:) Has anyone heard of the musician Loudon Wainwright, yes,no ,maybe? He does this song called "The Acid Song", it is worth a listen. I like it.

Well, I have done some research on cactus. I previously thought that there was only 1 'active' cactus and that was not available in Australia. Until my recent mushroom interest was rekindled I also thought that there was only 1 hallucinogenic mushroom. Naive , I know but hey, 25ish years ago ,not every one had a computer with vast amounts of knowledge at their fingertips. We picked those mushrooms and were more than happy with that. We had no-one to consult regarding dosage or identity,we just worked it out ourselves( the hard way!) Each time the season ended it was probably a good thing. Having said that, I am wondering which cactus is the easiest to obtain and then maintain ? No , not bitten by the cacti-bug YET ,but I am genuinely interested.I want to know more and will be reading the cacti section of this forum from another perspective.

for shamanic use the simple answer would be trichocereus bridgesii, i reckon

:yep:

Cheers.