The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

Your current employment status

Your current employment status  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

part time study part time work. Hospitality eats balls. I get free tea and coffee though

It´s funny that i just had a very similar conversation with Torsten this week. Makes me think that more people on Earth are struggeling with this kind of Problem. Im working 45 hours a week in a fucking souleating job that leaves me no personal life and i hate it. But as soon as i stop doing it, i might be fucked even more. I have no idea what´s the right thing to do but i feel like i cant go on with that job anymore. What would you guys do? Go on and do a job you hate or risk it and try to get something else? A was always a safe player but this time i think i might say "fuck it!". bye Eg

Hmmm, I said fuck it. I was working full time at an insurance claims call centre. Now I'm paying my credit card bills with my overdraft; while I wait for Centrelink to wait for my previous employer to finalise their side of the paperwork... But you know, I'm still glad I did it. I'm actually more relieved now then before; even though I'm aware I'm going to have to jump back on the working bandwagon soon.

* Should hopefully be a paid Centrelink customer by tomorrow. Called them up and they said the claim was approved yesterday and they tried to call me, but because it was approved; more forms were now required and the pay was cancelled. So I paid $30 to get to Centrelink, filled out the new form and I was told you'll get paid X amount tomorrow and we backdated your pay until April 6th - and I'm thinking gahhhhhh I just spent $30 to get here. Then they updated my bank account amounts and I was looking at the computer and I said, "Huh term deposit, whaaaaa"... Somewhere in the Centrelink system my loan account was recorded as a term deposit. Oops sorry, you'll actually be getting X amount. (Okay that's a lot better). Now I'm thinking hold on, were the initial calculations based on the fact they thought I had a term deposit all along... or has the mistake already been corrected. Ughh, I've lost count of how many times I've been into/called Centrelink.

"And what about switching to Austudy"? - "That's a separate claim". (gahhhhh)

"But you can do that yourself online". (sweet)

"But it can take six weeks to get approved". (.).

Edited by OpticalLight

Im workin on a mine in central W.A , Fly in/Fly out , 1 week on/ 1 week off. pretty cool havin good cash and a holiday at the end of every week.

LMAO @ optical...been there done that what a joke.

I too have a souleater of a job - used to be interesting but now its a shocker. And im surrounded by the super keen 'you wont get a job anywhere else' or ' you should be satisfied you have a job at all' types. Im going to go part time and see if i can find something fun to do with my life..

I too have a souleater of a job - used to be interesting but now its a shocker. And im surrounded by the super keen 'you wont get a job anywhere else' or ' you should be satisfied you have a job at all' types. Im going to go part time and see if i can find something fun to do with my life..

Move overseas before its too late and your down the RSL every night playing bingo.

work full time (emergency services) study part time (international studies)

i feel ya incognito.

retired blown! sweet. thanks for the link, my friends and i often discuss disconnecting. i wish i had the goolies...

"i once wiped my arse with a story about myself"

Edited by Korky

Doing a mature aged apprenticeship in plumbing and gas ( off the job schooling once a month )

Massive weeks sometimes!! :(

if anyone is after work, a friend of mine (a past employer also) has several jobs going on a large orchard. cherries, apples, pears, plumbs, nectarines. Very earthy job, i totally enjoyed it! the moneys not bad, and u can camp on site.

its also erb' friendly, biggest worry with that is keeping the boss out of ur stash!!!

its central west located, and there is a TOP horticulture tafe here, top i mean by they got fuken EVERYTHING. shits on wollongbar tafe by a country mile!

I worked in a metal trade as a contractor, I always said I was an industrial prostitute. I hated it with a passion. Asbestos was one of the better poisons I had to deal with.

I broke my back about ten years ago and now I can't even get a job as a checkout chick because of insurance company crap :BANGHEAD2:. An equal opportunities employer is just an ordinary company with a token cripple or a few(insert race here) employees.

Australia is by no means an equal opportunities country.

The money sucks but the hours are great.

I'm stronger and fitter now than I've ever been because if I don't work out I can't walk.

3rd dan Black belt cripple - go figure ?

LMAO @ optical...been there done that what a joke.

Lol. Okay, so I'm going back to Centrelink tomorrow to talk to them about my back pay. I was in the line for centrelink a couple of weeks ago and someone lost it in the queue. I don't want to be "that" person, so I'm just going to go on a bit of a rant now, so I don't do it tomorrow. And I've already done this rant once today, but it does help to write this stuff down.

I have given Centrelink a copy of my med cert three times. I photocopied the original. I gave them the original. They lost it on their system - the psychologist took a copy of the copy, promising that centrelink would leave me alone and that I wouldn't have to fill out any forms every two weeks. AND THEN, I had to go in there to fill out a form to get my pay because there was no medical cetificate on their system. SO THEY TOOK A PHOTOCOPY OF THE COPY AGAIN. Okay, maybe there is a problem with their documentation system!?!??! Three fucking times though. And what the fuck did they base their original calculations on!? I should most likely print out all of my bank statements again!

And I have to go in there again because they fucked up by backpay. I have to go in there again.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

So from now on I will try and go to Centrelink on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays; and in the mornings, when the probability of human error may be reduced?

Okay. All done.

centrelink are totally dependable.

you can depend on them to make one fuck-up after another.

What I dont get about CL is the number of things they can terminate your payment for 16 weeks for, it is like are people actually homeless with nothing to eat because they missed a couple meetings or something.

If you quit your job in the heat of the moment they wont pay you, and then your homeless and starving all of a sudden. In Australia!

i love it when you get a letter telling you that your claim has been stopped because you didn't return something they never sent you.

like ref1ect1ons says, this is some pretty serious shit, it could be the difference between eating & starving...they've got your phone number, your mobile number & your e-mail address...how hard is it to ring & say:

"hey we still haven't had that stuff back from you, if you dont send it in the next week we'll have to stop your claim"

No too hard, they cut you off & then it's all up to you to sort out their fuck ups.

I have been running a small engineering company with 6 employees for the last 10 years

Our day to day work is reclamation and repair of worn and damaged components

We repair the old lady down the roads frying pan with a broken handle to an axle of a haulpak or cylinder head of a loco

If you can’t work in an industry that you have a passion for then I think the next best thing is to find something that is interesting and stimulates the mind

We find that repairing components/parts very rewarding on a personal level. You receive a flogged out busted up part in and then present it back to the customer in an as new condition

Problem solving and achieving something that the majority say can’t be done stimulates the mind and makes you feel good at the end of the day

The hours can still be long but we try and stick to the old saying of Work To Live not Live To Work

Cheers

Got

Disability support worker permanent part-time working with people with intellectual and developmental disability's for the last eighteen month's.

The culture of the work place is an abhorrent contradiction of the company's mission statement.

I hope like fuck I never end up in the care of the company I work for, currently looking for new work.

The culture of the work place is an abhorrent contradiction of the company's mission statement.

I hope like fuck I never end up in the care of the company I work for, currently looking for new work.

same reason i got out of disabilitys.

the staff at the organisation i worked for treated the guys like absolute shit!! i would certainly hate to be under there care.

none of the staff there had any quals whatsoever,

and most of the guys that worked there had gotten jobs because they where mates with one of the other rednecks who worked there.

I almost had a fisty with a guy who worked there (his mum was the co-ordinator) who was dragging a 16 yr old severely intellectually disabled boy to his bedroom by his arm, simply because the kid didnt want to eat dinner.

the guy was like 'yeah but he has to learn!' i was that close to just punching him fair in his nuts. I gave him a good verbal that he has no right to make a client do something he doesnt want to do, nor does he have the right to physically assault a client for non-compliance.

i wrote a fll nasty report, but needless to say my hrs where radically reduced for doing so. sad thing is i loved disability work, loved interacting with the kids.

but MOST of the staff where really sadistic 'school bullys' act nice as pie if ever a co-ordinater or dahdic worker was present, but as soon as anyone with some form of authority was gone theyd turn into real mean sadistic cunts.

i couldnt hack it, and vocalised my disapproval to all and sundry, which really isolated me and ended up with me being reduced to 12 hrs a week. the whole service has a mean evil and sick culture. so much so im gonna name the cunts.-cowra special needs service.

i really need to find out how to get the place audited.

they thing is they can put on a great act if an inspector or such comes out, its when the blinds are down the most ugly parts of human nature comes out.

sickening stuff.

I have been running a small engineering company with 6 employees for the last 10 years

Our day to day work is reclamation and repair of worn and damaged components

We repair the old lady down the roads frying pan with a broken handle to an axle of a haulpak or cylinder head of a loco

If you can’t work in an industry that you have a passion for then I think the next best thing is to find something that is interesting and stimulates the mind

We find that repairing components/parts very rewarding on a personal level. You receive a flogged out busted up part in and then present it back to the customer in an as new condition

Problem solving and achieving something that the majority say can’t be done stimulates the mind and makes you feel good at the end of the day

The hours can still be long but we try and stick to the old saying of Work To Live not Live To Work

Cheers

Got

Nice man ...very nice indeed....it warms my heart when I hear these sorts of stories, people who apply themselves, use their intuition and initiative to carry out their ideas through to fruition.

thumbs up man...clap.gif

• Like 1

same reason i got out of disabilitys.

the staff at the organisation i worked for treated the guys like absolute shit!! i would certainly hate to be under there care.

none of the staff there had any quals whatsoever,

and most of the guys that worked there had gotten jobs because they where mates with one of the other rednecks who worked there.

I almost had a fisty with a guy who worked there (his mum was the co-ordinator) who was dragging a 16 yr old severely intellectually disabled boy to his bedroom by his arm, simply because the kid didnt want to eat dinner.

the guy was like 'yeah but he has to learn!' i was that close to just punching him fair in his nuts. I gave him a good verbal that he has no right to make a client do something he doesnt want to do, nor does he have the right to physically assault a client for non-compliance.

i wrote a fll nasty report, but needless to say my hrs where radically reduced for doing so. sad thing is i loved disability work, loved interacting with the kids.

but MOST of the staff where really sadistic 'school bullys' act nice as pie if ever a co-ordinater or dahdic worker was present, but as soon as anyone with some form of authority was gone theyd turn into real mean sadistic cunts.

i couldnt hack it, and vocalised my disapproval to all and sundry, which really isolated me and ended up with me being reduced to 12 hrs a week. the whole service has a mean evil and sick culture. so much so im gonna name the cunts.-cowra special needs service.

i really need to find out how to get the place audited.

they thing is they can put on a great act if an inspector or such comes out, its when the blinds are down the most ugly parts of human nature comes out.

sickening stuff.

Yep my mum was working in aged care and experienced exactly the same thing.. She left and is now out in the middle of the desert managing health care in a remote aboriginal community.. System's still fucked but she enjoys it alot more and no colleagues to disagree with :)

Fucking stoked! just casual employment, but they did offer permanent part time. Just staying on casual though as the w,end penalty pay rate is awesome! Working 2.5-4.5 days a week and getting payed rediculously well for such a simple job. Get employee discount too, so everything the hardware sells is now alot cheaper, yay for cheap gardening supplies, yay for cheap building supplies and fucking YAY for cheap solvents :P