The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

Your current employment status

Your current employment status  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im just curious - please dont hate me if a similar poll has been done before - i couldnt find it.

Self employed?

I work in the imaging aspects of healthcare about 60plus hours a week. I should have stuck with landscaping as it was much nore enjoyable.

Q&A for a medical laser manufacturer

oh yeah full-time 40hrs/wk

Edited by Moses

studying full time and working 20-25 hours a week

I am under 2 of those options. Maybe edit the poll?

Studying full time and working 20+ hours a week. Need a new category.

same here full time studying + limited work

50+ hrs a week as a Arborist... Woodchip anyone ;) ?

where abouts are you? feel free to pm

Finally happily employed full time, Audio director for TV station, 40hrs a week plus benefits, holidays and overtime.

happy as a pig in shit as they say....pig.gif

Went to job interview yesterday, hoping to increase my work from 16h a week to 32+. Thought I had it, but call today said no sry, u just been pipped. U were our second choice for the part time gardener position. Man it sucks fucking balls! An hour + interview, an old family friend works there and put in a good word for me and still no joy. I'm really not happy! I want work bad! And I want sumthing that I can get a loan out with, not just sum shitty nitefill job a coles which I didn't fucking get either! Am feeling quite disheartened.:(

under employment. the new unemployment.

that sucks naja.

the right thing will come through for ya I'm sure. Sometimes it's worth the wait?

Well, I'm pretty certain I'm about to get a job...got called in for some training.

Its essentially a crap job. contact centre.

I'm doing it to more easily get a job when my security license comes through, always easier to get a job when you already have one eh? so it's a means to an end and also financing a bit of an...indoor garden setup...

Then early next year i'll be continuing my companion animal studies - want to work in the rspca in the end.

So right at this moment. Unemployed.

As off later in the week, p/t while studying in personal time.

full time permanent horticulture

so far away from getting my own piece of land but it is SO BLOODY GOOD having a stable job that doesn't run you ragged

a few years ago I quit doing what I was doing because it sucked. It sucked for my body, my mind and for the planet.

I spent a month thinking about what I would do next, searched online, talked to people, thought some more and eventually decided that I wanted to do something that was meaningful and helped the community and the world, (in whatever small way I could). From the decision things opened up for me and one situation led to another - training, job, another job, more training :) there was a time where I had to pinch myself and acknowledge that I was, 'on the inside' and noone had noticed hehe.

but yeah, I found my calling at least for now and it's nice to be able to make a difference. Fuck yep I'm going to say it again, fuck doing meaningless jobs for the man and grinding yourself into a pulp for nothing other than money. I'd rather be poor.

It´s funny that i just had a very similar conversation with Torsten this week. Makes me think that more people on Earth are struggeling with this kind of Problem. Im working 45 hours a week in a fucking souleating job that leaves me no personal life and i hate it. But as soon as i stop doing it, i might be fucked even more. I have no idea what´s the right thing to do but i feel like i cant go on with that job anymore. What would you guys do? Go on and do a job you hate or risk it and try to get something else? A was always a safe player but this time i think i might say "fuck it!". bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

my take would be to make sure you have enough money in the bank to get through a little while, or get on unemployment benefits if you've got them, and do some serious soul searching. For me it was a matter of trusting that what was right for me would unfold and it did. Trust was the key - oh and a fair degree of being rational also! No point chucking the whole thing in with a couple of kids to support and then wondering why everything isn't falling into place and you are getting more stressed!

look for the signs i reckon :)

fulltime working and part time study.

Full time study + part time work. At least I can't say I'm bored.

Just thought I'd take this opportunity to offer my grafting skills to any1 in need. Fruit tree's and cacti are my specialties.

Peace

Retired ohh.... yeah! :innocent_n:

ghjjj

Edited by Teljkon

I have no idea what´s the right thing to do but i feel like i cant go on with that job anymore. What would you guys do? Go on and do a job you hate or risk it and try to get something else? A was always a safe player but this time i think i might say "fuck it!". bye Eg
''I live without cash – and I manage just fine'' not me but this guy....

(Armed with a caravan, solar laptop and toothpaste made from washed-up cuttlefish bones, Mark Boyle gave up using cash) see link ; http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/green-living-blog/2009/oct/28/live-without-money