The Corroboree
matty

fungicide solution suggestions???

I have some loph, trich peruvianus and 1 pach seedling's growing indoors for the cooler victorian winter, they are under 2 18 volt fluro tubes and I have just noticed the corners of the seedling trays have just strted to develop a green tinge, mold? on them, I was wondering if anyone could reccomend what to do? fungicide? nothing? obviously have lots to learn!

I have some loph, trich peruvianus and 1 pach seedling's growing indoors for the cooler victorian winter, they are under 2 18 volt fluro tubes and I have just noticed the corners of the seedling trays have just strted to develop a green tinge, mold? on them, I was wondering if anyone could reccomend what to do? fungicide? nothing? obviously have lots to learn!

Green maybe is algae.

But I usually use fludioxonil (brand name: Maxim) fungicide.

I spray seedlings just in case of mold. It does not affect seedlings in any way.

But perfectly controls the mold.

P.S. - in any case it will do no harm to seedlings.

algae is ok if it doesnt over run your container , id see it as a good sign.

I'd avoid fungicides if I could. It definitely sounds like algae, which doesn't present a problem unless it doesn't get out of hand. You can combat the algae but just letting the medium dry out a little.

thanks chaps I'll keep you posetd, its my first go inside so got a bit nervous.

Yeah I had a similar issue and it started to get out of hand. Increasing time intervals between watering fixed it. If I could just increase my germination rate I could have many more small cactus friends.