The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
t st tantra

Blue Candle (Myrtillocactus Geometrizans)

:lol:

It's good to hear from someone who actually has experience with this species kada. Was there a reason you licked it?

Interesting point, especially for a moderator

Mescaline has been found in M.geometrizans

http://www.napralert.org/NapralertReport_Mescalineoccurrences.pdf

see the previous ref....loph on myrtillocactus...snu's book suggests the myrtillocactus report actually comes from the grafted plant report or that the myrtillocactus was tested after the graft was removed but mescaline was in the callus from the graft.hope my wording makes sense.

t s t .

I first read about mescaline containing cacti other than Peyote in Plants of the Gods, a book by Richard Schultes, Albert Hoffman, and Christian Rätsch. I had been afraid to try mescaline for years due to horror stories of its effects. While LSD and shrooms seemed safe, for some reason mescaline had been described to me as totally unreasonable, a sure ticket to the loony bin!

Is it just me, or did I just simply overlook both the mescaline "horror stories" and the "safe" stories about LSD and mushrooms? If anything the reverse is more true; that there are more horror stories of LSD and mushrooms than there are regarding mescaline. And since when was mescaline ever a sure ticket to the "loony bin"?

Years later I became interested and started learning about cactus from books and the internet. Though I spent a lot of time reading about cacti and looking at pictures, when I finally went to the garden center to find San Pedro, I accidently misidentified Blue Candle (Myrtillocactus Geometrizans) as San Pedro (Trichocereus Pachanoi).

I'm sorry, but if you spend "a lot of time reading about cactus and looking at pictures" you wouldn't have misidentified the cactus in the first place. Maybe if he had said he "spent a little time" reading and reviewing pictures I would be a bit more forgiving.

I tasted some of the cactus juice (I just cut the side of it to taste) and felt an immediate rush of euphoria (it felt like e, or something similar).

Obviously he is ignorant of the actions of pharmacology otherwise he wouldn't have said something so ignorant.

I felt like I was rolling a little...this is a theme with my mescaline (cactus) use, feeling like I'm totally rolling, but being 'cool' (as in, I was rolling so hard I lost my 'cool') enough to appear sober (not always, but frequently) or whatever.

Yeah dude,...whatever.

Like I said before, the cactus I was actually finding was Blue Candle, but the whole time I thought I was getting San Pedro. So, by some fluke of nature, I was getting a cactus that was not San Pedro, but did contain mescaline. After a while I figured out that I did not have San Pedro, and assumed that the chemical I was tripping off of was some unknown alkaloid.

Well certainly it wasn't a "fluke of nature" that caused him to get M. geo., but anyhow...maybe this fellow should have taken the time to consider that he wasn't tripping at all, but considering his next words one might wonder if he knows what "tripping" is at all.

I shared the cactus with many people, all of which found the cactus to be mild and pleasant. One of the weird things about this cactus is the contradictions that seem to arise from describing its effects. For example, the cactus feels totally mild, and totally intense at the same time... or... feeling totally sober, but also tripping hard at the same time.

So others found the plant "mild and pleasant" while he finds it "totally intense" and leading him to "tripping hard"? Ok.

Blue Candle cactus is indeed active!

Ok guys and gals, start licking and maybe you can have a totally intense hard tripping rolling experience...which of course is also "totally mild" and can make you feel "totally sober."

My conclusion?...a troll.

~Michael~

snu's book suggests the myrtillocactus report actually comes from the grafted plant report or that the myrtillocactus was tested after the graft was removed but mescaline was in the callus from the graft

yep it makes sense, especially since lopho seems not to be so potent...

but do we know for sure it's the same myrti that lopho was on or is this an estimation seeing myrti fllows the listing after the grafted lopho?

I still remember some other list of mesc. containing cacti wiuth ref to myrti, maybe will I try to find it tomorrow...

papers tend to cite the same sources with things like this. i only know of the loph grafted myrtle one.....which seems stupid to test a grafted plant for its contents...at elast without a control. but i dont know much about that one so no iidea. all i can say is taht this species is not active for me at all, but somewhat yummy. along with an array of other plants.

It's good to hear from someone who actually has experience with this species kada. Was there a reason you licked it?

there is no experience other than trying a new food. why do i? i drink when i graft.

and i graft a lot....

We were out buying some vegie seedlings and that at the local garden store today. Miss 9 (my daughter) has been nagging me to let her get a cactus for years and i mean years, probably since she was ,like 4. I have always said no as they are too spiky and my hands seem to attract splinters.... Anyways, since i have decided to dedicate a small area of my garden to a FEW cactus, i said she could buy one. I was hoping she would choose something else but she had her heart set on...Mytrillocactus geometrizans as she said that she likes the black spines that are coming out of it. On the front of the tag it is called The Blue Torch. $5 for a 2" plant. ( i wasn't sure about it being active , but after reading here, i might convince her to graft something on it). Oh well, she is very happy. It is a nice looking little guy.Who knows, she might end up with the cactus bug.

smile.gif

Edited by Amazonian

Myrtillocactus geometrizans was the first cactus I remember buying, about 7 or 8 years ago in Perth, I was looking for trichs and couldn't find any, so I just bought this one cause I thought it looked neat.

When we moved back to Perth recently, my mother-in-law gave it back after having it in her yard... I am not going to try eating it, and this erowid thing sounds bullshit, but I did a searchg anyway, and came up with a thread elsewhere with a very similar dynamic to this one:

http://forums.mycotopia.net/shroom-dump/60287-blue-candle-cactus-not-active.html

Obviously, we all suck (see last comment by OP on that thread)... we just won't suck the Blue Candle. :)

Edited by .:illegal:brain:.

I have tasted this one! It is quite common here, and one day a friend asked me if he could eat some. He knew it was not psychoactive, but was interested, for some reason, in how it tasted. He liked it, said it was alike a cucumber. I like cucumbers, so i tried it, and it was a pleasent vegetable. We made a salad with it in it, and it was nice, but certainly not psychoactive. There are faster growing vegetables!

interesting

so it was not bitter?

Please don't ever stop sharing your experiences! For every twenty-odd interesting and informative posts of yours regarding ethnos/entheos, or spirituality etc at least I myself only respond once. So I'm saying there's got to be more than just me who very much value your input we just don't show our appreciation.

Agreed!!

A lot of this very forums diversity of plants and ad-mixtures came from serendipity and the idea of sub-threshold doses for certain effects similar but different,yet you'll draw from that data mostly discovered or refined RIGHT HERE and just take it for granted to pick up and own methods and discoveries!Quite a lot came from tantra so lay off hey and have some respect,you can have mine...I'm not fussed LOL

Is what's written all there is to the story?

this seems to indicate he and others has had it a number of times with results consistent enough to be defined.

t s t .

what,none of you have ever felt anything ,usually mild stimulation from just tasting cactii.

i assume he first tried it 2 years ago and has been gradually retesting till earlier this year when he sent it to erowid.

thought this worth posting as little is know but will refrain in future if the consensus is that it is of no value.....

Definitely have and quite unexpected too considering it was "just a Pedro" I was slicing,that I had stumbled upon...hell I was interested in how bitter it was,nothing else PLUS I had nothing to compare it to except a mild Fly exp and you already have one tantra :lol:

Edit too much rambling,point being some are more sensitive to psychoactives.

Keep the posts "rollin" tantra :wink:

Edited by mescalito

I don't think anyone was direspecting tst tantra, if anything it seems people are crawling all over themselves not to disrespect him. :):wink:

Personally, I am fairly confident from a number of factors that the post on Erowid (ie. not tst tantra) is BS. Still, I hope that anyone who believes it is legimate will follow their convictions and not be put off by mine or other's disagreement or skepticism. After all, this is what happens in general on the internet, but especially for extraordinary claims like the one the author of the erowid doc is making! To me it seems even more appropriate in a forum like SAB, where people can perhaps be forgiven for seeming dubious after having fallen for similar claims in the past that turned out to be pure BS or unlikely at best. :):blush:

I hope that by disagreeing I have not seemed to be closed minded, and in fact I would love to see everyone that has defended this erowid post do extensive testing with the M. geometrizans and report back. :):devil:

Edited by .:illegal:brain:.

everyone that has defended this erowid post do extensive testing with the M. geometrizans and report back. :):devil:

lol that's a challenge...

maybe I will take it

I don't think anyone was direspecting tst tantra, if anything it seems people are crawling all over themselves not to disrespect him. :):wink:

Personally, I am fairly confident from a number of factors that the post on Erowid (ie. not tst tantra) is BS. Still, I hope that anyone who believes it is legimate will follow their convictions and not be put off by mine or other's disagreement or skepticism. After all, this is what happens in general on the internet, but especially for extraordinary claims like the one the author of the erowid doc is making! To me it seems even more appropriate in a forum like SAB, where people can perhaps be forgiven for seeming dubious after having fallen for similar claims in the past that turned out to be pure BS or unlikely at best. :):blush:

I hope that by disagreeing I have not seemed to be closed minded, and in fact I would love to see everyone that has defended this erowid post do extensive testing with the M. geometrizans and report back. :):devil:

Why would one bother if they have

Trich's already, the plant may or may not have mesc. in it, The amount is smaller than in Trich's. I will stick with the Trich's - I know they have the goods already.

Why would one bother if they have

Trich's already, the plant may or may not have mesc. in it, The amount is smaller than in Trich's. I will stick with the Trich's - I know they have the goods already.

Yes, but I don't think the excitement is over mescaline so much.. the idea of sub-threshold doses etc is that there may be alkaloids other than mescaline that may have psychoactive effects in small doses, especially when combined with small amounts of other stuff. I actually think this is a worthy endeavor and hope that those like tst tantra who share their experiemnets along these lines will continue to do so... I just think the erowid post is sketched out.

btw I actually did lick that one I bought years ago, but I was too embarrassed to admit it because even though I knew from looking at photos it wasn't a Trichocereus, I was just so desperate to taste that infamous mescaline bitterness... ok, I am going to do it again right now...

haha, okay, mild and pleasant is correct... no real bitterness, I feel slightly euphoric but maybe I stood up too quick? Also, at first I was like "OMG it smells like passionfruit" but then I realized I had grabbed a knife that still had some passionfruit on it.. :)

Hey, slightly off topic but seeing as I already had a helpful answer from Thunder re: those status thingos, I was wondering... does this new forum do weird stuff? Such as not show posts for a while, and then subtly insert them in later? I could have sworn some posts weren't there when I made my last post.. this has also seemed to happen to threads in PM.

Unless... I can time travel? Yeah, that must be it.

Not bitter at all! An old shade grown plant and a piece off mature and very tall tree, neither bitter, and also neither that slimey.

Heh I saw one of these at bunnings today for $5, I was tempted to buy it but didn't.

Semi on-topic but a way i've tested to see if smaller doses were kicking in if I couldn't tell already was nitrous oxide..

Just putting it out there