The Corroboree

Has anyone here heard about this? In a nutshell, there is a hypnotherapist called Michael Newton who was working with past life regressions and somehow stumbled upon the ability to regress people to a point in their previous life at the moment of death. The case studies then described to him the experience of what happened after death.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting on this forum is that when I read the book "Journey of Souls", which is his collection of case studies, I couldn't help but feel that I've been to this place that was being described.

Said another way, the experience described sounds very much like an Aya experience (of which I've read) :innocent_n:

Anyone else read about this?

Link http://www.journeyofsouls.com.au/

Edited by Rabaelthazar

A friend gave me "Journey of Souls" a few years ago and it blew me away, had the same feeling that I've been to this place that was being described throughout the book, and reading about it just reminded me to a certain extent.

One of the things I enjoyed most was that Michael Newton is a real skeptic on the subject and therefor very probing with his questioning, but at some points he was blocked and told that they can not answer.

Very interesting and insightful book, there is also a follow up book called Destiny of Souls

Is Reincarnation so?

In the ultimate sense, reincarnation is impossible. There is no past or future, and the idea of birth into a body has no meaning either once or many times. Reincarnation cannot then, be true in any real sense. Our only question should be, is the concept helpful? And that depends, of course, on what it is used for. If it is used to strengthen the recognition of the eternal nature of life, it is helpful indeed. Is any other question about it really useful in lightening up the way? Like many other beliefs, it can be bitterly misused. At least such misuse offers preoccupations and perhaps pride in the past. At worst it induces inertia in the present. In between many kinds of folly are possible.

Reincarnation would not, under any circumstances, be the problem to be dealt with now. If it were responsible for some of the difficulties the individual faces now, his task would still be only to escape them now. If he is laying the groundwork for a future life, he can still work out his salvation now. To some, there may be comfort in the concept, and if it heartens them its value is self evident. It is certain, however, that the way to salvation can be found by those who believe in reincarnation and those who do not.

The emphasis of this course always remains the same,-it is at this moment that complete salvation is offered you, and it is at this moment you can accept it. This is still your one responsibility. Atonement might be equated with total escape from the past and total lack of interest in the future. Heaven is here. There is nowhere else. Heaven is here now. There is no other time.

"A course in Miracles"

Has anyone here heard about this? In a nutshell, there is a hypnotherapist called Michael Newton who was working with past life regressions and somehow stumbled upon the ability to regress people to a point in their previous life at the moment of death. The case studies then described to him the experience of what happened after death.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting on this forum is that when I read the book "Journey of Souls", which is his collection of case studies, I couldn't help but feel that I've been to this place that was being described.

Said another way, the experience described sounds very much like an Aya experience (of which I've read) :innocent_n:

Is Reincarnation so?

In the ultimate sense, reincarnation is impossible. There is no past or future, and the idea of birth into a body has no meaning either once or many times. Reincarnation cannot then, be true in any real sense. Our only question should be, is the concept helpful? And that depends, of course, on what it is used for. If it is used to strengthen the recognition of the eternal nature of life, it is helpful indeed. Is any other question about it really useful in lightening up the way? Like many other beliefs, it can be bitterly misused. At least such misuse offers preoccupations and perhaps pride in the past. At worst it induces inertia in the present. In between many kinds of folly are possible.

Reincarnation would not, under any circumstances, be the problem to be dealt with now. If it were responsible for some of the difficulties the individual faces now, his task would still be only to escape them now. If he is laying the groundwork for a future life, he can still work out his salvation now. To some, there may be comfort in the concept, and if it heartens them its value is self evident. It is certain, however, that the way to salvation can be found by those who believe in reincarnation and those who do not.

The emphasis of this course always remains the same,-it is at this moment that complete salvation is offered you, and it is at this moment you can accept it. This is still your one responsibility. Atonement might be equated with total escape from the past and total lack of interest in the future. Heaven is here. There is nowhere else. Heaven is here now. There is no other time.

"A course in Miracles"

Thanks Interbeing, I'll check out Destiny of Souls.

Thanks Hamma too, I guess.... that was a pretty full on reply. :blink: I try to not take things quite so seriously, but I dig what you're saying.

Something that I've learnt is that there's only one thing I know for sure... and that's that I don't know shit! I do, however, enjoy pondering various possible truths. Do we reincarnate? Do we just end up rotting in a hole in the ground? Am I an alien playing a super-realistic virtual reality video game and, if so..... why did I choose this character??? I could have been a dwarven warrior goddamnit!!

Edited by Rabaelthazar
  • Like 1

Contact South Park the cartoon series, PRODUCERS.

Might pay big money as a finders fee for THIS STUFF.

Contact South Park the cartoon series, PRODUCERS.

Might pay big money as a finders fee for THIS STUFF.

Yeah, one step ahead of you. Their Anal Probe episode was based around an experience I had with the beings on a spice adventure. I get a handsome cut.

Edited by Rabaelthazar

I am starting to think we need a book club....Maybe even just a register of titles/location so books can be loaned/read and then forwarded on to the next in line. Sounds like a great read though. Anyone with a spare copy?

Hutch

Anyone with a spare copy?

No luck from me... I borrowed the version I read, but dug it so much that I think I'll fork out for it (and the sequel).

Edited by Rabaelthazar

The president of the Micheal Newton Institute lives and practices LBL therapy in Melbourne

http://www.lblaustralia.com.au/peter.html

see an interview with Peter here

Although Micheal Newton boasts 7000 case studies to map the between lives or spirit realm, i remember reading Peter saying that not everyone who pays the 600$ for LBL hypnotherapy experiences the awesome accounts recorded in Journey/Destiny of Souls. Maybe it would help to secretely eat a few grams of subs two hours before the session :)

Have you experience PLG or LBL or do you know anyone who has??

I am starting to think we need a book club....Maybe even just a register of titles/location so books can be loaned/read and then forwarded on to the next in line. Sounds like a great read though. Anyone with a spare copy?

Hutch

Torrent sites have spare copies of many things, including Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls.

But I'd never stoop that low :innocent_n:

You need to check out this guy.

He is a scholar and like every scholar that dealt with controversial or rather metaphysical/weird topics, he was burried. Looks like a nice objective guy, probably the most reliable source for reincarnation shit. He had even experimented with lsd at some point of his life...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stevenson

Edited by mutant

You need to check out this guy.

He is a scholar and like every scholar that dealt with controversial or rather metaphysical/weird topics, he was burried. Looks like a nice objective guy, probably the most reliable source for reincarnation shit. He had even experimented with lsd at some point of his life...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Stevenson

thx, Ian seems like an interesting fella.

Hutch

didnt somone here try and start a book exchange thread similar to the free ethno thread? or was that another forum.

i like the idea :)

yep it didn't take off, which is why i didn't bother posting here to mention it

yep it didn't take off, which is why i didn't bother posting here to mention it

But it could still be a good idea....I would be interested in purchasing a copy of journey of souls and after I have read it I would like to pass it on and on and on with each person leaving a little comment within on what their thoughts were. I would then want it back as a keep sake....sounds silly but I like the idea of it.

If I buy it would anyone else be interested in borrowing it when I'm finished. Love the thought of it going off shore and back again. Doesn't matter to me if it took a few years to get it back if it was in circulation. I would pay for the first postage and handling and each would pay as they forward it on from there. Could do this with many titles.

Sorry again to high jack this thread...me bad...

edit spelling

Edited by hutch

Just finished reading the book...it has brought clarity and understanding to a salvia experience I had in NZ...did I die maybe? I was alone at the time. Maybe salvia was the key to letting my soul have a bit of a run around outside :P The dejavu of it was just like those subjects explain under hypnosis...The book explained my experience so well. Link that with the research I have been doing on near death experiences and I almost want to die right now just to see if it is all true. On second thoughts I think I will wait for a bit...so many things I want to do as a human first.....so many psychedelics and so little time :lol: I highly recommend reading it. There should be a copy along side the bible in every draw in every nursing home in Australia...

There should be a copy along side the bible in every draw in every nursing home in Australia...

together with a pipe and a pinch of spice.

I purchased this book after reading about it here. I am only about 40 pages in so am probably not eligible to judge it yet . It just hasn't really grabbed me. The talk of new souls and that, just cant grasp it. I am not a fan of interview type books,eg DR:bla blah ,Patient:Bla Blah, reads like a script . This is why, i suppose, not all of Mckenna's books grabbed me. I will finish reading it and then be able to answer the question. ( Just my two bobs worth). Rabaelthazar, did you end up getting "Destiny of souls". Is it the same type of set up as journey of souls?

Hi Amazonian,

I haven't yet. But I have booked myself in for a regression session with an LBL hypnotherapist. The thought's been in my mind for a while and I decided a week or so ago to just do it. Got my tax return and thought I'd spend a little of it indulging the idea of going under. I'll let you know how it goes, and hope you manage to enjoy the rest of the book. From memory, every second chapter is not interview style and offers a sum up of different patients descriptions of the same part of the journey. Please let us know when you're done, and how you felt about it.

But I have booked myself in for a regression session with an LBL hypnotherapist.

Full on. Cant wait to hear about that one!

I purchased this book after reading about it here. I am only about 40 pages in so am probably not eligible to judge it yet . It just hasn't really grabbed me. The talk of new souls and that, just cant grasp it. I am not a fan of interview type books,eg DR:bla blah ,Patient:Bla Blah, reads like a script . This is why, i suppose, not all of Mckenna's books grabbed me. I will finish reading it and then be able to answer the question. ( Just my two bobs worth). Rabaelthazar, did you end up getting "Destiny of souls". Is it the same type of set up as journey of souls?

I do agree that the way the story is told could be better and it can be a bit boring at times but push on...It's worth it..I guess if you hear what he has heard over the years repeated time and time again you couldn't help but have an understanding of what goes on when and after you die.

I am also going to get regressed....I am fascinated in this and can't let it rest...It excites me and has put to rest the fear I had of dying...I still fear how I am going to die because I'm a sook :P and I don't like pain but I'm not afraid anymore that that is it.

Trying to find someone local now....My sister has just had it done it Rockhampton....she has been blown away as she recalled a past life...my skeptical sister now believes...

Near death experiences are just as facinating but much harder to experience :lol: You just got to take their word for it but there are thousands and thousands of them from all over the world..

The psychedelic experience also leads in the same direction...

coincidence? I think not...

Hutch :wink:

I read Newtons book; and Stevenson's; and one based on Edgar Cayce's work called Many Mansions (I think). All of which I found seriously interesting. I think there probably is some continuity of something, not the ego, between lives, but also tend to agree that it doesn't really matter cos whats important is whats going on 'right now'.

Who cares if I was a murderous bastard in 1200 BC, or saint manuel in 1525 - the fact remains: here I sit at my computer in 2010 still trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing. It might help to know a few things from past lives that effect my relationships with family etc (eg how come my old man was such a prick ana.gif), but you still gotta deal with it here and now.

For the record, I went to a lady for past life regression: nothingBANGHEAD2.gif . Thats not to say she was phony, or it's all crap, cos I still don't know; maybe it was me.

Well, I have finally finished reading 'Journey of Souls',life between lives. (you may think that i am a slow reader, but i had a few books on the go at once.) In this book, the author, Michael Newton was saying that occasionally a soul can be living two lives in separate parts of the world at the same time. I just cant fathom that?!. There was one particular part that interested me in particular, The subjects under hypnosis were telling of the process involved during life between lives. There is an area called life selection where the soul can get a glimpse of a future life to see if it will be suitable. Like a preview.This i can fathom and see it as an explanation for deja vu. It wasn't the best book that i have read, but still its worth a read. I have since lent this book to a friend and when it is back, someone is welcome to borrow it.

Well, I have finally finished reading 'Journey of Souls',life between lives. (you may think that i am a slow reader, but i had a few books on the go at once.) In this book, the author, Michael Newton was saying that occasionally a soul can be living two lives in separate parts of the world at the same time. I just cant fathom that?!. There was one particular part that interested me in particular, The subjects under hypnosis were telling of the process involved during life between lives. There is an area called life selection where the soul can get a glimpse of a future life to see if it will be suitable. Like a preview.This i can fathom and see it as an explanation for deja vu. It wasn't the best book that i have read, but still its worth a read. I have since lent this book to a friend and when it is back, someone is welcome to borrow it.

You may be interested in the work of Dolores Cannon, in particular, her trilogy of books called 'The Convoluted Universe'. She has many talks and interviews on Youtube, also. If you haven't already checked her out.