The Corroboree
Quelho

2010 Sub season

I think this year the subs are hunting me. :unsure:

An afternoon visit to the inlaws house, a place i once lived at and have visited a million times. Looking in the garden what do i see, 100 lil subblies staring at me. Lil subs go marching on hurrah hurrah.

was the last thing i expected to see on mothers day.

Had that same problem last year. they were everywhere. :rolleyes:

not so much this year, what with the wierd weather here in tas.

Cheers, Ob.

whoops double post. :rolleyes:

Edited by obtuse

Just took a bit of a wander today in some fields near me but everything was dried up as buggery.

I take it it's better to venture out right after some time of heavy downpour?

Some good finds there Lord Mayo B)

Aghh these pics really make me wanna go bushwalking shakesfist.gif

Sweet photos Lord Mayo.

post-6300-127358066858_thumb.jpg

This one looks like an evolutionary step towards the semi-secotoid Psilocybe sp. that inski from the Shroomery find in NZ. B)

B_013.jpg

B_013.jpg

heading out west today, taking the DSLR so with a bit of luck ill have some funky snaps to show you all :blush:

i have had no luck in the past few weeks at the usual spots, and randomly walked past a lil patch in someones front garden when seeing a friend in blind bight at westerport bay! cant wait to find more with my camera at the ready! cheers

heading out west today, taking the DSLR so with a bit of luck ill have some funky snaps to show you all :blush:

Bring back some nice 'pics' for us all.

sure hope to find a day off myself and get out there with the camera :wink:

went out with the DSLR out west way and picked 38, place is a popular picking area and looked liked it had already been ravaged!

still im happy :) its a big jump from 1 hahahaa

What sort of area should I look for to take some snaps of subs?

From the sounds of it a leafy/barky place which gets fairly cold, is that right?

went out with the DSLR out west way and picked 38, place is a popular picking area and looked liked it had already been ravaged!

still im happy :) its a big jump from 1 hahahaa

Pics or didn't happen B) .

So I'm driving along a bush road with camera at the ready, and I see this big golden-brown dome poking from the leaf litter.

"Yowsers", thinks I, "it's one almighty sub pin", and there follows much spraying of gravel and sliding of vehicle as I brake and reverse to capture the Photo of the Year.

I back up, and have a closer look at my prize... a bloody latex baby's dummy that had landed bulb-up where it had been tossed.

Meanwhile, back at the local park, there are now literally thousands of impostors growing bumper-to-bumper.

It's just not fair.

HAHA! great story!

I have one pretty similar actually! it was the cowboy hat of a minitare woody allen ( Toy Story ) in the dark around mornington, i was screaming with success until i took it to the light,

it had some straw attached in the middle which looked a whole heap like a sub stem, and there was blue ( ink-like ) stains on the hat.

was wack!

41gOAer7iPL.jpg

Edited by divinersage

I too have been out looking around in all the old spots but with no success :( . Some of the places have had other visitors which you can always tell not only by the trampled grass but by the upturned lookalikes. Now i don't know if i had just missed out or is it still too early /warm in these spots. It'll happen. soon.

Worked along a river today, in a small stretch (50 or so metres) there would've been upwards of multiple thousands of specimens, really going off, in plain view, i was stroking their caps, hello beautiful, don't have a use for them so left em all alone besides having to trample so many just to be able to walk. Was quite humorous.

edit: and just a friendly reminder to all, discretion? i.e. photos of them in habitat are the appropriate ones yeah?

Edited by gerbil
  • Like 1

Love that third shot, Mayo :shroomer:

edit: and just a friendly reminder to all, discretion? i.e. photos of them in habitat are the appropriate ones yeah?

Indeed.

All good. :)