The Corroboree
Quelho

2010 Sub season

Damn.

All of this eye-candy has been preying on my mind - so far I have only found one manky, chewed sub that wasn't worth photographing.

I'm at the stage now where I'm dreaming about them. Last night I dreamt that I found a couple of subs almost a meter across...

Edited by WoodDragon

anychance of my controlled patch fruiting this year if it only started colonising 5 weeks ago? its pretty well developed! more so than fruiting patches ive observed.

A patch close to me that must have started from some mycelium accidentally finding it's way in about three weeks ago (wish I knew where it came from) pushed up its first pin not yesterday but the day before. There's a good chance, I'd say.

Edited by Rabaelthazar

Atlas maybe you should publish your finds in myco ID subforum

1st looks interesting , not a psilocybe probably,

2nd cant tell, second probably not a psilocybe

3rd probably not a psilocybe . It has to blue. Did it blue? underside looks rusty brown

what you're looking for makes purplish spores. The underside is purplish brown.

Look up what a 'spore print' for mushrooms is, it's the easiest thing to do. Keep it up! Nice photos

The first and second shroom are the same one just top and bottom, it blued alright but did a spore print and it came out browniny orange, weak as!! don't know what it was, it instantly bled blue whenever you touched it just like cube, weird.

The little one didnt blue, i didnt know whether they had to grow up a bit before they blued or if they would while that small. prob baby galer, oh well.

Yeah i listed the pics in the id, waiting for responses, hopefully work out what it was.

@Atlas,

that 2nd image is very interesting indeed.

A very 'yellow', bluer :blink:

Yeah my fungi id book should be here any day now, so I have a spore print of it so i should be able to work out what it is, hopefully something useful!!

just because they turn blue doesn't auto mean psilocyben

How cool is this pic...just put a little family of smurfs under it and it's all over... :wub:

post-4860-127495024447_thumb.jpg

note the little bit of red poly fibre litter...we are such uncaring beasts when it comes to nature and our environment, this mushroom is saying fuck you humans, you can litter all you want but I'm gunna fruit and populate the air with my spores and evolve to chew up your flacid waste and rubbish and turn it into something good.

on another note there has been a nice flush very very very close by to me...it's wonderful to watch em fruit and not have to travel and camp in cold freezing conditions.

:wink:

_IGP6092.jpg

_IGP6092.jpg

The first and second shroom are the same one just top and bottom

yep i figured that out, I listed these two as the '1st'

been a nice flush very very very close by to me...it's wonderful to watch em fruit and not have to travel and camp in cold freezing conditions.

That very? Nice to know your efforts have worked out man, well done!

just because they turn blue doesn't auto mean psilocyben

Nah but it does look an interesting specimen

note the little bit of red poly fibre litter

It was a little disheartening to see the litter around it. I took a second shot without it, but decided not to use it as that is how I found the mushroom. No sense giving a false perception of the environment.

Anywho, here's some more I spotted today on my morning walk. :)

_IGP6163.jpg

_IGP6170.jpg

_IGP6173.jpg

OK, just one more. I'm sorry, but they are everywhere! :lol:

Been searching long and hard for a mean ass cluster to photograph, so hope you enjoy!

_IGP6216.jpg

that last one is off the hook! Great shot!!!

man I don't know what to praise most the photography or the beautiful fleshy specimens

Wish I could find them like that around here, Im headin west on the weekend and up some mountains, hopefully i have luck there, its cold and moist all the time!! awesome pics again LM

1st Subs I have found in the Illawarra this season. It has not even been very cold here but we have had a lot of rain over the last week or so.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/uploads/monthly_05_2010/post-4828-127503084536_thumb.jpg

So get out there all you south coast dwellers.

Its on :)

Edit: Sorry for the shite mobile phone pick quality but you get the idea.

post-4828-127503084536_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sonny Jim

I had a spot of luck today.Well not really luck,i have been on the look out for some time now. If we just get some more rain,then this spot will go off.(fruit like mad)

post-7430-127504019259_thumb.jpg

IMG_2641a.jpg

IMG_2641a.jpg

I found 4 subs today, growing under the shade of some Rhododendron plants.

These were in a large parkland area in sydney, near the beaches.

I reckon with all the rain we've had in sydney last 2 weeks,

and for next 1 week, there should be Bumper Flushes within a few days.

Keep ya eyes peeled for the Caramel Gold Tops with White stems, that stain Blue.

Good Luck! :)

Will have to do that keenter, thanks :)

Ya walking in the bush , you see a group of golden caps, right shape, right color, right height. As you excitedly approach you realize that it is more of those little brown mushrooms and not the goods( P.sub'). I am sure most of us have been there. Some of those 'look a likes' are so similar that it is scary.

This first one is like a where's wally picture, how many can you see?

Edited by Atlas

Some deadly Galerina marginata crossbones.gif - found on my hunts.

post-7115-127521170347_thumb.jpg

post-7115-127521181113_thumb.jpg

post-7115-127521181538_thumb.jpg

post-7115-127521178162_thumb.jpg

post-7115-127521171485_thumb.jpg

Although some had dark gills, but when i was checking i found some bright orange ones which were real slimy, put them down for a print to check.

Edited by Atlas