The Corroboree
Quelho

2010 Sub season

I had a dream last night about picking subs, funny that it happened on the night of the full moon, I've been (trying to )planting all my veggies by a moon calender and was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how the lunar cycles effect the fungi kingdom?

Drove through a location on monday that had been known to produce subs under a big old tree, and sure enough after the heavy rains of saturday about 10 subs were there among others, usually there is a coral fungi there too but this time 4 or 5 different varietys, When told to ingest the said subs the person ate the caps off about eight and a stimulating, light hearted enjoyable experience was had, quite different from what the sub warning thread suggests, maybe more like low dose cubensis, I wonder if the potential potency of a given strain is dictated by perfect conditions, lunar cycles, and maybe where the mushroom grows. This has always been a more mellow enjoyable strain of sub and happens to have a (umbonate?) nippley cap when mature, I was intigued about the possibility of subs - eucalyptus and australiana, whether native pcilocybe species should be under the one sub umbrella, or if there is a distint variety? I was also intrigued by whether their were different amounts levels ratios percentages pie charts of the amount of alkaloids contained in the cap and stem. Cap is different to the stem or it is all the same?

re read through the thread and you will pick up on the theme that subs don't appear to be anywhere near as potent when eaten fresh...I have no idea why this is at all...anyone see a certain someone eating them out the pot at last years camp, they ate about 20 - 25 fresh large whole fruits and didn't hardly feel em.

Dried and cured correctly and made into a lemon warm tea and they explode inside you if you lay back in a dark room with some music on.

Haha. I had a dream about picking subs last night too. I kept finding them and then suddenly I wouldn't have them anymore and somehow other people had them in their possesion! Everyone was stealing my subs or something hehe :scratchhead:

FINALLY I spotted two today!

I'm jealous!! I went out photographing fungus yesterday at a few of my hot spots in Melb's outer east and came across lots of look-a-likes but no real cigars. I reckon it's about a week away for me.

What general area were you walking Mt.B?

Edited by Rabaelthazar

re read through the thread and you will pick up on the theme that subs don't appear to be anywhere near as potent when eaten fresh...I have no idea why this is at all...anyone see a certain someone eating them out the pot at last years camp, they ate about 20 - 25 fresh large whole fruits and didn't hardly feel em.

Dried and cured correctly and made into a lemon warm tea and they explode inside you if you lay back in a dark room with some music on.

Out of it all, over the years i have had 2 VERY memorable rides. One lot was fresh, one lot was dry. Just eet em, if they dont work you are a super psychonaught like chiral. :P

Out of it all, over the years i have had 2 VERY memorable rides. One lot was fresh, one lot was dry. Just eet em, if they dont work you are a super psychonaught like chiral. :P

DAMN STRAIGHT...rockon.gif

@ matty... I've always thought that the full moon does have an affect on mushies. They are 90% water (I think) so it stands to reason that the pull of the moon would be strong on them.

Roger that dried and lemon cured tea potentiates effects.

anyone got any theories about lunar cycle links?

What general area were you walking Mt.B?

These were spotted on a camping trip in Vic's remote N.E.

I swear by the veggie moon calender, for example the full moon was 28th this month, and next, this means from the 17th to the 25th was primo for crops that produce above ground and also a good time to take cuttings(I wonder if this also relates to cactus?), and their is a small window for root crops on the 1, 2 , 12 and 13, and just wondered if anyone had any confirmed beliefs on how this would effect mushrooms, thanks meanies i reckon it would have to too. but i wonder when in the cycle could be potentially best given the right conditions.

Are there any deadly look-alikes that bruise blue? Because I always thought there werent any that looked identical, bruised blue but were deadly. Any info would be great.

To be fair, the certain someone would've likely had a wicked cross-tolerance from the large amount of 5HT(2A) agonists ingested the night before. Another certain someone had a drastically smaller amount of said agonist on the first night and 4 medium sized caps were enough to produce a moderate effect the following day.

That's not to say that lemon juice and dried fruits aren't a winning combo, but to suggest that drying fruits somehow increases their overall strength doesn't make much sense to me.

if they don't work = tolerance... pure and simple.

Hey Blue Mountaineers, how's it looking for this weekend? I was planning to go up there but would rather study if there isn't anything to find. Are there any kinds of mushrooms growing now?

Are there any kinds of mushrooms growing now?

Best bet is to just go yaself gregory. If study interests you more than just looking then im afraid your heart just isnt in it. DId you read any of this thread????

Go hard or ummmm stay home and study!?!???

Edited by lsdreamz

Blue mountains were good today, only looked at one spot!

Lots of pins and dried aborts, next week should be good..

]

Edited by toby

Edited by lsdreamz

Edited by lsdreamz

Definately want to preserve the mycelium, its possible to completely ruin a patch if the mycelium is highly disturbed... ive seen this done before on a couple of known patches, although the mycelium network is still there.. I havent seen fruits pop up for at least 2 seasons. It takes only a couple of seconds to pinch and make the rip at the base of the fruit, it doesnt have to be perfect either as long as the mycelium isnt being disturbed. It's like picking fruit, unless you dont want fruits next year... dont cut the tree or branches to get the fruits, pinch them off the branches ;)

Anyway nice find but make sure to double check!

Edited by klip247

Best bet is to just go yaself gregory. If study interests you more than just looking then im afraid your heart just isnt in it. DId you read any of this thread????

Go hard or ummmm stay home and study!?!???

It's not that I would rather sit at home and study than go out. I study pretty much constantly to keep up with my course and I don't want to sacrifice any study time (mountains is a 5hr return trip) unless there's gonna be something there to get. I would love nothing more than to go up there and just have a walk through the trees but I'm rather heavily committed to being locked indoors : (

edit: anyway it looks like there is plenty of action so i'll definitely be going

Edited by gregoryhamil

Blue mountains were good today, only looked at one spot!

Lots of pins and dried aborts, next week should be good..

ONYA Tobz......clap.gif

Definately want to preserve the mycelium, its possible to completely ruin a patch if the mycelium is highly disturbed... ive seen this done before on a couple of known patches, although the mycelium network is still there.. I havent seen fruits pop up for at least 2 seasons. It takes only a couple of seconds to pinch and make the rip at the base of the fruit, it doesnt have to be perfect either as long as the mycelium isnt being disturbed. It's like picking fruit, unless you dont want fruits next year... dont cut the tree or branches to get the fruits, pinch them off the branches ;)

Anyway nice find but make sure to double check!

I'll 2nd that!

I was in a bit of a rush and took a bit much! There is 15cm of fresh mulch over the site so i think it'll be good for at least a couple of years.. I actually think it'll be fruiting again next week!

if you do end up pulling bits of mycellium up with your finds do the right thing and cut the stem butts off and put them in between layers of damp cardboard. let the mycellium grow for a few weeks then bury the cardboard in some woodchip mulch beds.... if you've accidently ruined a patch then make up for it by creating new ones!!!