The Corroboree
PhantomTurkey

Hangover cure?

milk- i know this is an old wives tale but it actually seems to work. everybody knows the ol lining of the stomach story. you need to source a good creamy full strength milk and drink at least 500mls before alcohol drinking occasion. its pretty hard to get yourself motivated to actually believe in it enough to trial it but it gives suprising results............the thing is though being semi responsible with your drinking is actually the hangover cure itself.

drinking a carton of beer or a bottle of jacks and having 3 hours sleep before an early work day, a hangover cure for this is wishful thinking.

and i never thought i would say this but im actually enjoying the results light beer give, you get to a stage in life where you dont drink to get pissed but in my case actually just enjoy the taste and experience of beer, light beer allows me to have a six pack with no negatives involved.

A teaspoon of Cystine Hydrochloride in a glass of water wins hands down IMO. It tastes like drinking a liquid dog fart going down but the positives far outweigh the negatives. Definitely worth a shot people.

Hi guys,

apart from the cysteine example just given above, replies so far show a distinct lack of imagination and should all be negatized.

There is a great hangover cure, bloody amazing, I go to the TCM lady every 3 months to pick up 200g, and it also works pretty good as an anti-craving agent too (better than codeine and acamprosate). You gotta ask for ge hua (or ge gen hua) and the ge is pronounced "gurr" otherwise you'll get "gee" hua, which is mere chrysanthemum bud.

But seriously, these "Kudzu" flower are so amazing, it puts all of these other suggestions to shame. (apart form cysteine - which is OK, and theoretically great if taken with twice its amount of VitC and half its amount of VitB1)

Other things are propanolol to reduce the shakes and BZD's or phenibut/baclofen to agonise the traumatized GABAa receptors.

Edited by Huichol_Eyebrow

luke warm dog piss works the best!!

valium and cannibis works well for me.

milk acts as an anti-diuretic, allowing your body to rehydrate more effectively from the gallons of water you should be drinking. a glass of milk before bed is also a good idea.

alcohol acidifies the ph level in your body. 1 tsp sodium bi-carb(alkaline) in a small glass of water rebalances PH.

anyone smoke any other herbs. im thinking something sedating like skullcap, dream herb, dwarf skullcap, etc

i think hair of the dog is really bad for your liver. may be mistaken though.

Actually the best by far is a decent amount of intrevenous saline and a shot of vitamin B1. That's what you get if you get so drunk you end up in emergency. LOL

Yep. When I was about fourteen I drank the best part of a bottle of vodka and woke up in hospital with a saline drip in my arm. I don't know what else they did if anything, but when I woke up the next morning I felt better than I normally would after half a dozen beers.