The Corroboree
PhantomTurkey

Hangover cure?

I'm looking for advice in a general sense. It's late in the afternoon and I'm feeling like crap.

What or what sorts of things would you recommend to cure or minimise the effects of a hang over?

Sleep? Herbal remedies? What kind of things would you do or take if you were in my position?

Thanks in advance.

eat a pineapple/watermelon, not a cure as such but always makes me feel better when hungover

yeah go a powerade, paracetamol and eat something greasy. I think mythbuster tested all these and claimed they didn't work, but I disagree. They seem to work well for me. Powerade for rehydration, panadol for the head, and fatty food to stop the shakes. When I start to feel better then I know I'm ready for another drink to seal the deal, only wine or spirits never beer, and don't drink as much as the night before, just have a few. Thank you from all the team at Asking Alice.

I don't think anyone's mentioned B vitamins yet. Electrolyte drink is a good idea to get the rehydration started, but more importantly lots of water. I always find one drink to be helpful. Caffeine can be good to perk you up a bit. All previously mentioned is good.

To summarise, drink a bourbon and coke, smoke a joint, take two panadeine forte and eat a hamburger. Oh, and a berocca. Have fun trying to ease the hangover, but the only real cure is time :P

Red bull or V, powerade and coca tea :wink:

Gonna sound like an old coot saying this but prevention is the key man. I make sure to drink a shitload of water before i go to bed after a tipple. Only really had three hangovers in my life; it's either the water or the Irish/Scottish genes :wink:

After a big night when nothing can seem to lift me and I'm feeling terrible an orgasm helps. It seems to kickstart my brain and speeds up recovery. Even if not in the mood its worth a go to

Codeine + water + Vit B [berocca] before and after. MMmmm maybe reverse that order..lol

Well it like the joke always go and take a hair of the dog that bite you[alcohol wishkey IN THE morning after you wake up with a female in bed that you impreganated]you will need it.

so in the morning order softboilled eggs' coffe with a shot brandy and try not to look the servants in the eye until 3 coffee morning brandys then and only then you can look at the women i8n bed you picked up at a bar the night before.

But chilled apple juice does work [MORNINHG AFTER AFTER THE NIGHT]from the potassium which maybe a type of depletion after drinking,injecting,playing[lIstening or making some music] and screwing at [2 TIMES A NIGHT[LIKE CRAZY FERRET WEASEL STYLE] SO DRINK APPLE JUICE].

1 x maxalon tablet

4 x panadine forte

1 x bottle of powerade

1-2 x bacon and egg sandwich

1 x redbull + vodka

powerade, gatorade any Electrolyte drink will do the trick followed by plenty of water.

paracetamol + codeine, panadine fort etc.. and eat something greasy usually works for me.

oh & usually a :bong: to settle the nausia so you can stomach the greasy food

Edited by mac

avoid fluoride and sodium nitrates

haha i came to work way hungover, jumped on 2litres per min pure o2, did absolutely nothing... bumped it upto 3. NOTHING.

Oxygen is a myth. Real air has enough oxygen, and more than 3 l/min is dangerous in healthy adults.

Hi PhantomTurkey, take a hot bath. That helps me everytime. Also you should eat and drink enough and open the window to get some oxygen. I´ve heard that you mainly get hangover due to the lack of oxygen and water. Your kidney needs more water to build down the bozze and that´s the reason your feeling like crap. Best way would be a direct infusion of sodium chloride. But if you dont have a doctor in your neigborhood, you probably wont be so lucky to get one. bye Eg

Powerade before you go to bed. Codeine+paracetamol, :bong: , and a glass of milk+milo. Give it fifteen minutes and maybe another :bong: and you'll be right as rain to eat something proper like bacon and eggs.

Hi PhantomTurkey, take a hot bath. That helps me everytime. Also you should eat and drink enough and open the window to get some oxygen. I´ve heard that you mainly get hangover due to the lack of oxygen and water. Your kidney needs more water to build down the bozze and that´s the reason your feeling like crap. Best way would be a direct infusion of sodium chloride. But if you dont have a doctor in your neigborhood, you probably wont be so lucky to get one. bye Eg

Theres two hot baths for sweating.

steam which is my favorite or dry heat.

The only difference is throwing some water on the electrically heated outdoor grill[as water proof] as water proof and a tent[ a tarp plastic will do],[volcanic rock as used in home landscaping ON TOP as won't explode from heated as already has so a inexpensive .

I love sweat baths, theres the two ways, wish i had one.

alcohol to the point of hangover is shit

but i have read that water, salt and b vitamins are what is depleted in the bodies cleanup process. addressing these deficiencies allows your body to restore itself at the optimum rate. pretty sure i got those three items right but correct me if not. ginja is right about the watermelon, apparently it hydrates you faster than water itself. a drip would be the best thing if you can access one somehow.

beyond all this you just have to let your body deal with what you've done to it.

And if all else fails sleep it off

Buds and Bacon !!!

My anti-Hangover cure !! and as above plenty of drinking powerade etc

Oh yeah, Darkspark is right. How could i forget that. Nothing helped me as good hit of weed, when i was still smoking. Best hangover cure ever. They should make pills out of that. :drool2: