The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
kinato

Germinated seeds?

Hey guys, I planted some Lophophora williamsii seeds about 3 days ago, and I was wondering how long until I can see some evidence that they have germinated or they didn't take, thanks.

Leave them for 3 months, then if no little green heads poking out they wont take.

depends on a lot of things really. if they are fresh seeds they shouldnt take long at all, maybe 1 week. try to keep them warm, if they are only on a window sill or similar on the goldy they are prob a bit cool with the weather that is around there at the moment.

You might want to look into legalities aswell, QLD doesnt like people to grow rare and interesting plants.

depends on a lot of things really. if they are fresh seeds they shouldnt take long at all, maybe 1 week. try to keep them warm, if they are only on a window sill or similar on the goldy they are prob a bit cool with the weather that is around there at the moment.

You might want to look into legalities aswell, QLD doesnt like people to grow rare and interesting plants.

They are fresh seeds I would imagine, and I have cut a bottle and put it on the seeds in the soil, to create a miniature greenhouse.

Thanks alot, it might be a bit too cold, but I hope they germinate. :D

Just keep them in the warmest part of the house that gets the most sunlight (a warm windowsill that gets sunlight most of the day) & if they are fresh seeds you should see a few germ within 10-14days

Old seeds usually take longer & some need light to germinate

I find with cacti its best to surface sew, or you can sprinkle a very small amount seed mix over them & water in, mist every now & then if the needed

use the search top right of the forum but click advanced search for "loph seeds" or "germinate seed" with quotes in the cacti & succulents section you should find heaps of info

I may even have asked the same question just over a year ago :scratchhead:

Edited by mac