The Corroboree
PhoenixSon

Pupaholic

so that is a witches broom infestation?

sure does look like it unfortunately.

:( poo might account for the the weird pupping thats hapening with some of my other cacti will quaratine

well cant be to infectious,

most of my kk339 stock plants have grown single column,

some pup like the bejesus,

the intensified pupping does not look like and particular disease, does not look unhealthy, just a genetic trait me thinks.

hasnt affected not one of my other clones. personally i dont think its a disease at all, just a genetic mutation.

peace.

on that note i hope it isnt this so called 'witches broom' id hate to be the responsible of introducing some plant aids into the ommunitys collections! :(

i hope the kk339 i juz got wasnt infected , looks healthy az...one of my favorites already ...no cure? surely there be sumtin...colloidial silver perhaps?

I believe the infection is spread by insects, leaf hoppers and sucking insects etc, but can also be spread by fungi. From what I understand there is no cure but many plants will resume "normal" growth after a undetermined period of time. The time could be 1month or 10years.

jesus, this doesnt look good for me! sorry guys!

i know these arnt the clearest pics,but do you think this plants appearance could be from "witches broom" ?

all i know is that its a cereus monstrose but ive yet to see any like it anyhere else.

post-6263-127347718527_thumb.jpg

post-6263-127347720408_thumb.jpg

id be more inclined to say scale damage. scale loves crestate and monstrose cacti.

hi incog,i dont remember there being any visable scale on the plant,what i meant in regards to its appearance was that it has four or more different forms on the one plant and has the "pupaholic" syndrome aswell.

I can't see any real damage Sanpy. Looks like that monstrose could be the varieta 'fairy castles' which pups profusely, but I've never seen a big one.

Nice cactus

I have one each of those peruvian monstrose, and from what I can deduct they are simply different forms like shruman said. I wouldn't stress about them having witches broom, but if I was incog I would be worried that anyone who has his kk339 in their yard, might wanna beat him over the head with a witches broom.

huh..oh yeah that's right I have one in my yard that is pupping heavily at the base...everyone man your brooms...:ana:

luv ya big guy...devil.gif

id really not jump to conclusions on this whole disease thing. NONE of my kk339's have shown any sign of ill health. some just pup like crazy, some grow in a single column. i think its just a genetic trait. it hasnt speread to anything else in my collection, and to be honest id be stoked if it did! mass pupping of cacti1 oh no!

sampy thats normal behavior of any monstrose cacti. sleep well!

id really not jump to conclusions on this whole disease thing. NONE of my kk339's have shown any sign of ill health. some just pup like crazy, some grow in a single column. i think its just a genetic trait. it hasnt speread to anything else in my collection, and to be honest id be stoked if it did! mass pupping of cacti1 oh no!

sampy thats normal behavior of any monstrose cacti. sleep well!

Yeah I totally agree, and I'm sorry Jono if I have started something that "could" be perceived as negative towards you and your plants. I have nothing but respect for you and actually have one of the plants in question :) For arguments sake it is growing normally with 3 large heads. Additionally, I believe the virus (IF this is it) does not spread "easily" and as stated in my original post the product can be desirable.

Edited by Hellonasty

nah man nothin like that at all!!! id say it would be more than fair criticism and id be the first to run out dig em all up and burn em!!! i have alot of money and time invested in my cacti plantation!!!!

I AM familiar with witches broom, however i dont think its the case. I do believe however its a genetic mutation.

If anyone does lose a plant to this, i will reimburse 100% and then some.

I have around 300 of them planted out, and they are all in A1 health. aout every fourth or fifth one pups like the bejesus, which leads me to think its within this cactis genetics to do so. Ive had 0 die, ore even look unhealthy (cept for the one i sent tripis which was gnawed on by my rat ;)

so yeah no offence taken nasty, I Love you to, friend!

edit- Chiral you are about as funny as cancer :)

Edited by incognito

I have a 32cm tip cut of the plant in question looks normal atm up for sale if any one wants it.

do u want a refund? (seriously) if u send back ill pay your expenses and refund what u paid.(this goes for anyone who bought it, i can and do understand)

im so not selling anymore of this clone.

You have 300 and you sent me one chewed on by your rat? Ya bastard! :lol: Can't say it really looked unhealthy though, although it was pupping a fair bit for it's size.

Do KK339 from other growers ever look like this (pics from the net, etc)?

Also, has witch's broom been recorded in cacti before?

This is purportedly a KK339:

DSCN2761.jpg

Looks like a bit of a freak to me.

maaan ive told u my tragic tale!!!

whoah be me!!!! is this pick on incognito month or what????

uve got an A1 specimen coming in the mail. then thats it!!!

Ah, dude, it's just a joke.

Anyway, I was pretty happy with it, plus I'm stoked your sending another one.

Also, has witch's broom been recorded in cacti before?

sure has, check on the nook for some pics. Im sure there are other places online aswell.

Incog, when you say some of your's pup like crazy do you mean in the same fashion as spacemonks or the more normal growing pups?

if only some are showing similar symptoms i wouldnt rule out not continuing to sell the clone. quarantine FTW

I doubt very much incogs patch is infested with WB, the 339s seem to have the trait of throwing out a good amount of basal action whilst still rather small. If there is WB on the cacti in this thread then id assume it was infected where it is as none of the plants i have ever gotten from incog have been infected with anything at all, all very healthy in fact.

Having thoughts of late, the 339 and fields pachanoi are very similar, even down to the vigorous pupping which fields seems to have shown with the limited material i have. Incog, when you get your fist outta ya nose, can ya take the time to find ya fukn USB cable and take a shot or 2 of some more mature tips of the 339? id like to compare the 2.

do u want a refund? (seriously) if u send back ill pay your expenses and refund what u paid.(this goes for anyone who bought it, i can and do understand)

im so not selling anymore of this clone.

thanks but no thanks

to make it clear when i recieved the cactus it was fine then some months later or so it slowly mutated.

no need to get defensive....people were just giving their honest opinions.

i need to get a new usb. fuk i cant even find my camera now.

nah i am a bit defensive, as being a grower and afficando of my cacti, who prides himself on his cacti, to be tarred with the 'disease' brush is pretty bruising to the ego! especially when im in the process of setting up a website to sell and trade them!!!

so spacemonk, sorry ur cactus 'mutated' as far as im concerned its a desired trait.

im so over this. seriously.