The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ThunderIdeal

cognitive "glitches" such as deja vu

http://www.uphaa.com/blog/index.php/mind-deja-vu/

never seen a list like this before.

may as well add a tangent thought. say your brain is a learning computer, do you ever think pot acts like an upgrade to the operating system, software, and various components? i think it does somehow, if only because of the novelty of ensuing thoughts. the problem seems to lie in the memory, which can't support the operations being attempted. you find yourself chaining thoughts together in new ways only you keep dropping the chain when it gets too intricate to hang onto. it smashes on the floor so you start rummaging for the broken bits to see if your thoughts can be put back together... often they're completely lost amongst all the rest.

what's french for "almost thought"?

http://www.uphaa.com...p/mind-deja-vu/

never seen a list like this before.

may as well add a tangent thought. say your brain is a learning computer, do you ever think pot acts like an upgrade to the operating system, software, and various components? i think it does somehow, if only because of the novelty of ensuing thoughts. the problem seems to lie in the memory, which can't support the operations being attempted. you find yourself chaining thoughts together in new ways only you keep dropping the chain when it gets too intricate to hang onto. it smashes on the floor so you start rummaging for the broken bits to see if your thoughts can be put back together... often they're completely lost amongst all the rest.

what's french for "almost thought"?

Very cool link,thanks for sharing!

really hate that sensation where your neck and head and i suppose body do that uncontollable shiver when as the old saying goes " somebody walks over your grave".

used to freak ppl out when they did it in the past and told them it's a pre curser to MS, which isnt very nice but a own imagined theory, possibly everybody has the potential for multiple sclerosis but its triggered in some fancy way we dont yet understand, im sure i got this theory from somewhere or something i read long ago forgotten.

every now and again that uncomfortable quick like fear shiver happens but i dont know why, its normally associated with a really inner brain feeling relatated to a downtrodden, discipline type feeling.

see it in kids now all the time, from kindy kids being sent to the " thinking chair", daycare kids being removed from games and fun..being removed and chastigated by the workers..even my own daughter when i send her to bed early for being naughty for example.

BenVitale from www.wordreference.com writes..

The modern-day scientific explanation for sudden unexplained shuddering and for goose pimples is that they are caused by a subconscious release of the stress hormone adrenaline. This may be as a response to coldness or an emotional reaction to a poignant memory. Fanciful it may be, but somehow, I prefer the mediaeval version

and of course for reference the mediaeval version goes...

The 18th saying derives from an earlier folk legend that a sudden cold sensation was caused by someone walking over the place that one's grave was eventually going to be. This belief is in line with the workings of people's minds in England in the Middle Ages, in which the distinction between life and death was much less clear than we see it now. There was then an unambiguous belief in the everyday communication between the afterlife in heaven or hell and the physical world of the living. When someone dies in our day and age we a likely to hold a commemorative gathering where we talk about the deceased person. Mediaeval mourners would hold wakes, in which they spoke to the deceased, in the belief that their words were being heard and understood. A person's final resting place would also have been understood to be predetermined and 'someone has walked over my grave' would have been said in the belief that a real person had actually walked over the ground where the speaker would be interred.

all this once again goes to prove the simplest of feelings in the human body are yet to be proved credentially by the field of science...or religion.

Edited by santiago

I can totally relate to the chains of thought thing, it feels like trying to juggle spaghetti... I just made that up but thats actually a good analogy. You can augment your memory with notetaking, mindmapping and other forms of record keeping... pen and pad, phone camera and audio recorder with evernote or onenote, bookmarks, tags etc. Its amazing what you remember when you have written it down, and even if you forget you just glance at a mind-map you made ages ago and it all comes flooding back. Basic stuff, but often overlooked by stoners. ;) :)

it can be like trying to juggle molten liquid that instantly burns your arms off.

i think it's awesome if you can get that stuff to work! i'm not sure i could, since it doesn't work in the context of conjuring fresh thoughts while typing a post....

really hate that sensation where your neck and head and i suppose body do that uncontollable shiver when as the old saying goes " somebody walks over your grave".

used to freak ppl out when they did it in the past and told them it's a pre curser to MS, which isnt very nice but a own imagined theory, possibly everybody has the potential for multiple sclerosis but its triggered in some fancy way we dont yet understand, im sure i got this theory from somewhere or something i read long ago forgotten.

every now and again that uncomfortable quick like fear shiver happens but i dont know why, its normally associated with a really inner brain feeling relatated to a downtrodden, discipline type feeling.

see it in kids now all the time, from kindy kids being sent to the " thinking chair", daycare kids being removed from games and fun..being removed and chastigated by the workers..even my own daughter when i send her to bed early for being naughty for example.

BenVitale from www.wordreference.com writes..

and of course for reference the mediaeval version goes...

all this once again goes to prove the simplest of feelings in the human body are yet to be proved credentially by the field of science...or religion.

when i believe a person's energy is invading mine, i often experience a shiver when i shrug their energy away.

it can be like trying to juggle molten liquid that instantly burns your arms off.

i think it's awesome if you can get that stuff to work! i'm not sure i could, since it doesn't work in the context of conjuring fresh thoughts while typing a post....

Haha yeah it can be like that too I guess...

I'm sure you could, and I can see a fairly blatant overlap between notetaking and conjuring fresh thoughts while typing...

Anyway, it literally works like magic for me.

what about the cognitive glitch where you are convinced beyond any doubt that you are downloading the most sacred & important & enlightening intelligence ever conceived from an alien entity? :)

Edited by coin

what about the cognitive glitch where you are convinced beyond any doubt that you are downloading the most sacred & important & enlightening intelligence ever conceived from an alien entity? :)

Succumbing to flattery? :)

i don't really speak for those who get convinced beyond any doubt..

.. but

maybe cognition itself is just an accumulation of successful glitches.

haha. i never meant to imply that anything necessarily is or isn't a glitch, that's why i put it in quotations. they seem like glitches, but it's easy to believe that our material-based faculties just can't process these events in any other way.