The Corroboree

SAB has served me well etc, some of the people I have met have been fantastic. Unfortunately, Torsten and I seem to have a personality clash, and it seems to have reached a level that I cannot tolerate. I never could work under neurotic women. LOL

I would like to mention some of the few people I have found friendly and helpful in the last 6 years:

gomaos

darklight

reville

nabraxas

Jack

VelvetSiren

Fractalhead

All the Oldschool Jocks, I'm sorry that I'm probably the last of them to go. Maybe I'll drop in from time to time with a new ethneogenic report, but I'm beginning to feel that SAB is being superceded in that, and many regards.

There's a whole history and story I could tell,

but if you're here for the first time, and wondering if this is the way to go, a choice between the red pill and the green, or between the left or right hand path, then this isn't it. I persuade you to turn away now. Your life will only become worse and more entrentched. You will enter a drug network that can f&ck with not only your life but your loved one's lives. Your life may change through the drug contacts you make here so that you end in decreptitude, I already know of a few.

People may gather round you, as they gather around a bong session, but when people pass out, or are forever gone to life, they pass out of the picture, and the SAB picture, and some people still keep getting richer.

Turn away!

and it seems to have reached a level that I cannot tolerate

Then GO AWAY.

Drug contacts? I don't even know any of these people in person or i met them first in person is what i mean...internet nerds might be different...and i've never even heard of you? old school jack? bong sessions? what does decrepitude have to do with being a sour puss?

Can we have a story now? I'll pay u in insults?

Are you seriously putting someone else down for neurotic tirades when that is what accounts for maybe 85% of your posts in recently years?

i don't ever say this but i'm going to because i have nothing else to write about...can someone move this to degenerated losers and bitches? please "theres a spark in ure hair...oooh get it out, get it out...".

Seems like a good time to ask.

What was your nick before you changed it Huichol_Eyebrow? I lose track of the "old jocks" when they change names.

There's a long history to tell about Huichol eyebrow [=Thelema] too. His drunken abusive posts over the years for starters that were only tolerated because the mods were aware of his condition and because he would often also post valuable stuff in his sober moments. But the quality has declined and all that's left are posts like this: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23099 where he replies 'cunthuasca' to a serious enquiry about female shamanism. I wonder if anyone over 15 finds this funny? I doubt any of the female members here do. And that's really what his contributions have come down to so I am no longer inclined to give him the leeway he has enjoyed here over the years - which is obviously irritating him and he wants to lash out one last time.

Your cross forum posting has just earned you another point. I guess after all these years of special treatment you are having problems fitting in.

I don't even know any of these people in person or i met them first in person is what i mean

reptyle you met me at ega.

Your life will only become worse and more entrentched. You will enter a drug network that can f&ck with not only your life but your loved one's lives. Your life may change through the drug contacts you make here so that you end in decreptitude, I already know of a few.

I am not sure that that list of people you mentioned would appreciate being lumped as drug contacts :scratchhead:

As for that quote above, I am happy to let you know that you have been released from the evil grasp of this mind control machine. It really wouldn't be fair to keep you here as this is obviously such a nasty place full of drug addicts. Although, I might add that you had a drug addiction long before coming into contact with these forums, so maybe it wasn't this place after all and you're just trying to blame someone for your own shortcomings. What better way to excuse your own decreptitude and failed relationships than to blame an internet forum !

Ok...so i renege on my previous statement...

far out EGA was fun huh...sadly i missed the opportunity to put faces to names to pseudonyms...maybe at a meet oneday in the future there can be a more defined friendship formed outside of the realm of this confused mechanistic filter device...

whats the condition of sir eyebrow? i only remember lots of reports of effects of obscure research chemical assays that i was pretty interested in when i first came here...

can u have electronic turrets syndrome or is alcohol the main cause of posts with little useful content other than the fairly void comedic value of such things as c*$thuashca...which was preTTy weird...

to much posting...not enough something else. peace.

yeah Ega was great, was nice to hang out with you, we didnt do a great deal of talking but we spent a bit of time with each other, as circumstance had it.

have a nice day everyone

:wub:

Edited by VelvetSiren

What was your nick before you changed it Huichol_Eyebrow? I lose track of the "old jocks" when they change names.

Morg, you can view a members name history when you click on his profile page. With the new upgrade this got even easier than before! That´s how i do it all the time because the old jocks change their names so often! :drool2: The disadvantage is that the user sees that you were visiting his profile page. Makes you look like a little stalker somehow. :devil:

sometimes when people feel alone they say and do things regretful, this is the time when friends pick them up.

old friends should meet up and have it out

huichol_eyebrow seems to be crying for help, why not we all need a hand from time to time. then again i know nothing about the situation within, just going on feel.

feeling alone, needs friends.....who doesnt

huichol you should respond however just to tell us what you feel (the corroborree in general)

:unsure:

dont burn your friends, back them

Edited by santiago

its gone down hill quite a bit especially in the past 6 months or so, not only my attitude, but the attitude in others, i used to love coming to these boards and seeing most of the topics posted. but now its just become a habit. nothing of essence is coming from these boards anymore. not saying that i contributed anything of essence.

and it seems the great users of this forum have taken a step back and don't post as often, or have left.

what went wrong?

Very good point Spud, seems to be much essence still in the real time local communities just more underground.. people are always growing and changing evolving, and in some of those moments we forgot about the things the mean the most like this place and the great friendships made etc. It is inevitable that this place wouldnt always stay the same or better yet hold that feeling it all gave us, interaction/ideas/bullshit talked :lol: Theres still plenty of that around but perhaps on a differnt level lol and in a way it is/was also the people/avatars involved a new influx of people will always change the dynamics of a group - for better or worse is what one makes of it.

But yeah it kinda reminds me of EBA the feel of that place and some of the crazy ass cool shite people were experimenting/talking about before we lost it forever..

I haven't really noticed anything different except for more people bitching about how the Corroboree sucks.

Years ago bro :wink: when you were but a wee lad in highschool aspiring to the dream of all real man... facial hair :lol:

People are always moaning about how everything was better in the "good ol days" or yeah man "it was way cooler back when such & such"..this cycle of people coming and going is how it has always been, in all walks of life..

The footy was better in the 80's when Cronin and the Peard Bomb was around

Cricket was better when Greg Chappell was captain

Australia was better under Gough Whitlam

The music was the best when Punk was in the late 70's early 80's

Food tasted better, portions were bigger, things were cheaper, I looked younger, used to get milk delivered to school, 30c bag of hot chips, 10c paddle pop, cold chisel, the ice cream truck, brown paper shopping bags, countdown with Molly Meldrum, Brian Henderson was the best news reader, golliwog biscuits, the tolls were cheaper, the Holden's were better, the best driver was Brocky, the best driver was Moffat, car racing at Warwick farm was the best ever, car racing at Oran park was the best ever, there was more fish to catch and didn't need a license, used to get a different root every weekend back then, 10bucks would last all night at the Bellevue hotel and I'd be paralytic, the pizza's were bigger, drumsticks were too, the sticks of Thai were 10bucks, pinball arcades, lime milkshakes from the milkbar, the paper boy used to blow his whistle and deliver papers to your door, the milkman used to deliver milk, it was better before speed camera's, the backyard pool and pool parties, mums shepherds pie was the best, Midnight Oil were the best oz band ever, my friends at school were the coolest people ever, the Valiant charger my dad owned was the fastest car ever..now it's all just...

Shitty sized burgers and pizza, I look like a criminal who's done hard time at long bay, the footy is played by a bunch fairies with faux hawks, it's fucking $2.50 for a paddle pop that's smaller, plastic bags have ruined the environment, David kosch is on TV, I don't have a clue who the best driver is anymore, horses race at Warwick farm, I need a license to catch and release my favorite fish, 10bucks buys me 1 bottle of beer at an alcoholic boutique, no one sells Thai, Buddha or Hash, the music is so appalling that i forget who was famous last week and who is famous this week, pop music is moving into pedophilia territory, pay TV that has as many adds as Free To Air, no milk bars, no paper boy's, no milkman, speed camera's so often that you get high blood pressure and have panic attacks because you struggle to remember where the millions of them are, I drive a car that's barely alive, I get sex sometimes and have to work way too hard at it, very few close friends, I don't know whats goin on with the cricket, and who the fuck is our prime minister again...?

life..."be in it"

• Like 1

people have started whingening about the changing forums since about 6 months after it started. Not saying that it doesn't change, but I wonder what the complainers would say if it didn't.

I think that the changes in individuals is probably more significant to this than the changes of the group. ie, obviously after you have been here a while it is not as interesting anymore as many of the same topics get covered. And while we constantly strive to minimise this, it is an essential part of being all inclusive.

The way I figure it is that if I have approximately the same number of people complaining about noob questions as I have people complianing about being too exclusive or cliquey then we must have the balance right ;)

Morg, you can view a members name history when you click on his profile page.

Thanks EG. You can stalk me any day.

And good post Chiral! Funny fucker.

I totally agree. Things change. Cycles cycle. Things fall apart. Things are rebuilt. Time wearies and renews. To wage against this is to be a conservative.

Edited by MORG

I think this place is awesome.. I poached fantastic info for a year or so before I wised up and got an account so I could contribute.

We are great!

I think the major problem that can occur within forums is misinterpretation, it is so easy to take someone the wrong way as we are relying on text only, we are missing the tone and expression of the voice.

i want a t-shirt!!! :shroomer:

Yep just like the Rave scene (or other emerging cultures on the legal fringe), most things are always better when they are fresh but once the scene or the community changes people will always complain and resist.

Also similar to the Rave scene I think a certain portion of the community has gone back underground to some degree or decided not to post new or controversial info because of a fear of over exposure to the man, or in this case the TGA or the ACC etc

This place isn't only about Ethnobotany though, its about community, about networking, a welcoming place for the misfits, hippies/yippies and burn outs. (a large proportion of whom tend to be open to the alternative, novel and new)

For instance I think it will be VERY hard for me to top the feelings I got (while straight) from the people at the first NNSW camping trip I setup but I guess I haven't been to an EGA yet.

The last night at the camp, I openly cried because I was so happy and amazed by the members that were there and the total sharing of energy and wonder without holding back.

The Dynamic in that little group (also added to by 'The Lab' at the time) was something special but people moved on, people change and now its just a memory but a memory I hold dear and a memory that re-inspired my belief in humanity and friendship.

In that respect, this place has done more than most forums EVER will in terms of changing lives and starting lifetime friendships and I only hope that future groups of SAB'rs can find or create something similar for themselves.

(edited for clarity)

Edited by AndyAmine.

[edit] nothing much to add apart from rambles...

Andy, that was a freaking awesome time! Cheers heaps for organising that! and you gotta get back to me on the tunes!!!

right now I'm listening to Squid Fluid and I don't think anything can beat it. Yeah trippy video game sounds is right! :lol:

Edited by The Dude

Sometimes it's a shame when things change...sometimes it's great.

Without change WTF would we talk about?

I went into hiding for a fair while through circumstances beyond my immediate control....unfortunate BUT change is inevitable!

When I started lurking around again I saw things had changed and that another forum had been formed...wondered why,but thought well someone's had a falling out and my mates here and at EBA are still my friends....so I asked no questions and was told no lies.

The name changing is really what held me up from posting for a while 'cause I didn't know who I was talking to and the rapport I had with "The Old Schooler's" ..well I thought I had to make a choice....then I thought Bullshit,why should I?

I'm a member on both and well whatever happened happened,so on with the show!

Thel and I had plenty of pm convo's in the past,he posted some amazing stuff,is intelligent and I know him reasonably well.I liked him,knew he had challenges and accepted them.

Thel,I just hope you're getting something out of the recent posts that are addressing certain things that you can take on board and help yourself out of this ditch with.

Everyone's just gotta pull together and T's doing his job to the best of his ability under his circumstances too....I respect that and am grateful.

For me,chucking in the towel is no longer an option and slanderous comments are a horrible way to deal with situations as they always make them worse.

Be Excellent to each other Dude's.

:wink: